Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 27 2013
By: allukr Lombax Warrior 88 posts

If some one says "Im going to hack you." Should I take it seriously or as joke?

23 replies 539 views Edited Jan 27, 2013

Today I was in arguement  with another person in Playstation home. During the arguement he kept saying he was going to "hack"  and "I have your IP."   I got a little worried and left the space. Was he serious? Or just saying this to scare me off?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 24 (539 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Re: If some one says "Im going to hack you." Should I take it seriously or as joke?

Jan 27, 2013

Bluff. He can't do anything.

Message 2 of 24 (537 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29221 posts

Re: If some one says "Im going to hack you." Should I take it seriously or as joke?

Jan 27, 2013

allukr wrote:

Today I was in arguement  with another person in Playstation home. During the arguement he kept saying he was going to "hack"  and "I have your IP."   I got a little worried and left the space. Was he serious? Or just saying this to scare me off?

Thank you.

Stay away from group chats with people you don't know. Keep the chat local. If they bother you just put them on ignore. You should be fine. 

:smileyhappy:

Message 3 of 24 (511 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Message 4 of 24 (498 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3328 posts

Jan 27, 2013

allukr wrote:

Thank you.

Pay no attention to it. He's just trying to intimidate you, he can't hack you :smileyvery-happy:

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 5 of 24 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Jan 27, 2013
You should laugh and continue munching on your Cheerios.
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 6 of 24 (486 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1993 posts

Jan 27, 2013
You can not be "Hacked" in Playstation Home, if someone threatens you with that, I would'nt take them very serously, just file a report for harassment, and walk away.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 24 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
349 posts

Jan 27, 2013

I love how it's left up to the PS Home Forums community to provide this sort of advice. This is where your need for Home Support provided by a REAL Sony representative might be nice. Please get used to this sort of attention. You play at your own risk and hope that you don't bleed out while calling for help. *while laughing to myself* ... Why hasn't this been moved to the "support" section of the forums yet? Sounds like a concerned consumer has a valid question and no representative moderator to help. *cough* Any moderator out there please introduce yourself and identify how this citizen of the community should address his/her concerns. Or, let's sweep another one under the virtual rug since Home itself is an animal all it's own lacking the same "greif" standards as other PS games. *Sits on pins and needles to be told I'm mistaken.* My best advice ... have eyes on the back of your head and at the first sign of any threat type this in ... "I LIKE TO REPORT." Oh, and keep them talking. Nothing better than a report filed after they have dug their own grave. Never swing the first punch. But, if you were minding your own business to begin with ... make sure you get the K.O. !!!! ^_~

Message 8 of 24 (437 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
16259 posts

Jan 27, 2013

May2099 wrote:

I love how it's left up to the PS Home Forums community to provide this sort of advice. This is where your need for Home Support provided by a REAL Sony representative might be nice. Please get used to this sort of attention. You play at your own risk and hope that you don't bleed out while calling for help. *while laughing to myself* ... Why hasn't this been moved to the "support" section of the forums yet? Sounds like a concerned consumer has a valid question and no representative moderator to help. *cough* Any moderator out there please introduce yourself and identify how this citizen of the community should address his/her concerns. Or, let's sweep another one under the virtual rug since Home itself is an animal all it's own lacking the same "greif" standards as other PS games. *Sits on pins and needles to be told I'm mistaken.* My best advice ... have eyes on the back of your head and at the first sign of any threat type this in ... "I LIKE TO REPORT." Oh, and keep them talking. Nothing better than a report filed after they have dug their own grave. Never swing the first punch. But, if you were minding your own business to begin with ... make sure you get the K.O. !!!! ^_~

lol may, ima hack you! :smileywink:

Message 9 of 24 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2175 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2013

You must run around in circles while screaming in fear. That's what you should do.

Homie From November 26, 2008 - September 13, 2013.

Shady business practices? File a complaint to the BBB.
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
Message 10 of 24 (381 Views)