Fender Bender
3059 posts

Re: If online play on PS4 requires PS+ will u still play PS4 home?

Dec 3, 2013

Since you need plus to play online, its a no brainer even if Home is or isn't on the PS4.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 51 of 57 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2013

Nanshe wrote:

Assuming you're required to purchase PS+ for online play on PS4 and assuming the yet to be confirmed Home is part of the PS+ perks on PS4, will u still consider it?

Assuming, that PlayStation Plus would be required to play PS Home - Yes. Eventually I do plan on purchasing a PS4 console, sometime next year. However, I doubt that would be the case. Some games built on the free-to-play model will not require PlayStation Plus for multiplayer. Currently Blacklight Retribution, DC Universe Online, and War Frame do not require PS Plus. Many of you would know, obviously PlayStation Home was built on the free-to-play model, so it wouldn't be likely to require PS Plus. Though if it did, Home needs major improvements before asking users to pay.

Another good point would be that currently the PS3 does not require PS Plus, neither does Home. The functionality for cross-platform

(PS3 and PS4 users playing together) is possible. So I would expect to see PS3 and PS4 users in-world on Home. Now, it would be silly if only certain players (PS4 owners) had to pay.

Do I believe PS Home is coming to the PS4? Well, it's possible. Home is an application (think, Netflix) that could be implemented during a future PS4 update.

Oh, also Home is already on the Cloud and continues to get patched and updated. Regardless, I'm sure Home will be around for a while. Let's wait for Tempest_Fire to share an official word, though. Until then, I'd suggest not worrying too much. It either is or isn't going to happen; try to enjoy it for now.

:catwink:

Message 52 of 57 (318 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1349 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2013

1 year plus is so expensive maybe not but a PSN card is okay for me

addtext_com_MTEwMTQzMTk0MzI5.jpg

Message 53 of 57 (296 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
676 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2013

I have a PS4 and don't plan on stopping my PS+ membership any time soon, so for sure. If this became a requirement though, I could see them shedding a few members still on PS3 without +.

Message 54 of 57 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2949 posts

Dec 4, 2013

ive said it in another thread and I swear i said it in here.  PS+ is needed for online play but free to play games like warframe, DCUO and PShome would not require PS+.

right now home is not on PS4, maybe, hopefully, it will in the future.

that all being said, to the guy saying he will stick to the XB1, youre paying $10 more a year for playing online as well and for  services that PSN has for free, but obvious troll is obvious

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 55 of 57 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Dec 6, 2013

Online play yes in being was free on PS3, but some game developers were little sneaky making people who brought second hand game to buy access to online. Ubisoft had uplay passport and Bioware has online pass and gearbox had similar thing too. So to some people had to pay to play online just one game and way I see playstation plus plans is to stop these so called online pass what developers were selling on PS3 store. For me I never had problem paying to play my games because it dose cut down on trolls and behaviour. For people saying it’s a lot coin I disagree because look how much money some people spend on home saying they spent thousands.           

Message 56 of 57 (242 Views)
PlayStation MVP
171 posts

Dec 6, 2013
Playstation Plus has been one of my most favorite options since I got it!! So retaining it for PS4 for me isn't even a second thought. Hopefully, Home makes the next gen transition and I would love for it to be a bit more exclusive for Plus members, sure!!

As far as Xbox Live goes... When I briefly had a 360, even tho I pay for Netflix, I couldn't use it on XBOX without a Gold Membership first. As long as Sony doesn't resort to tactics like that (and I'm speaking for non Plus users) PSN will still be the better option.
Message 57 of 57 (220 Views)