Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
896 posts

Re: Ideas for in Home goodies only beta testers can have

Apr 26, 2007
I doubt Sony will give out any goodies for closed beta trialist. However, they may with open beta trialist.

I personally don't care about beta test rewards because I've gotten plenty in the past and totally ignored the item(s) upon final release.

If they do I would not mind a special item for  my home space. - some tricked out furniture with the Home logo.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 47 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Apr 26, 2007
why do you wanna ask for MORE..

You already get to test Beta that should be good enough...

If anything they should give those that didn't test something because they had to Wait
PSN-UCCDog
Add Me I got a Headset

Xbox=ROD- Haha MS
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 47 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1395 posts

Apr 26, 2007
i would be willing to bet sony will give beta testers something even if it is just a trophy for your trophy room or a virtual t-shirt.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 47 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Apr 26, 2007
If they give them anything I think it should be something they can't Trade, if you can even trade in Home
PSN-UCCDog
Add Me I got a Headset

Xbox=ROD- Haha MS
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 47 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1045 posts

Apr 26, 2007

S-BIZZY wrote:
I think they will do something special for testers.  Sony knows where their bread is buttered and will do thier best to take care of the loyal PS3 users who will beta this program to the extreme!

I don't know about that...  They totally scimped the loyal early adopters (like me) with the HDD ($100 wasted).  And yet, in Japan all non-slimline PS2s come with it, and many games are equipped to use it, they even have an updated menu system for HDD users.  In USA, only 3-4 games use the HDD, and all Japanese games that used the HDD had its functionality removed for arbitrary and nonexistant reasons.  Thought I'd rant about the ONE thing that keeps me skeptical about Sony's customer loyalty.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 47 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1256 posts

Apr 26, 2007

UCCDog wrote:

If anything they should give those that didn't test something because they had to Wait

I think you guys are looking to far into this. I don't think the topic starter is demanding that the beta testers get anything, he is just asking what some cool ideas would be, if they do end up getting something. I think a t-shirt or something would be cool, so you could just show off that you got to beta test it. I don't think Sony should go busting their balls to make them their own area or anything.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 47 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
96 posts

Apr 26, 2007
Errr i can only say you guys are damn lucky

PSN - Wulffez
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 47 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
859 posts

Apr 26, 2007
Ha, I don't mind if I get anything but that does sound funny, hopefuly they will allow us to costiumezie our own shirts

markdawg7x wrote:
I wont be testing, but I think a good one would be a shirt that says.

"I tested Home and all I got was this lousy t-shirt."

Classic.

hit counter
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 47 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1347 posts

Apr 27, 2007

markdawg7x wrote:

UCCDog wrote:

I think you guys are looking to far into this. I don't think the topic starter is demanding that the beta testers get anything, he is just asking what some cool ideas would be, if they do end up getting something. I think a t-shirt or something would be cool, so you could just show off that you got to beta test it. I don't think Sony should go busting their balls to make them their own area or anything.

You hit it.  I don't expect anything, and I'm glad to make it to the next round of eliminations as even with signing up you do not already have a spot.  I've beta tested games that I got nothing extra and I've beta tested games that had a high dollar PS2 upgrade (this beta has already been mentioned a couple times).  From my point of view the cost of giving the Trailist a shirt, trophy or any virtual property is pennys per thousand trailist, not a high cost.   If nothing extra comes, no big deal.  Can I mention things that I think would be cool ideas of things they could do, hell yeah!!

_____Still want my OtherOS support____________
Sony needs to understand that PS3 3.21 FW provides no security fix. They are only hurting those that have a legitimate use for Linux on the PS3 and also use it for the other functions it was designed to do. Linux stayed on mine until I received RB3 as a gift. I refused to buy a new console to retain all the features my console could do prior to April 1st 2010. I have bought 2 broken 60G units and fixed them for running Linux again.
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 47 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16940 posts

Apr 27, 2007

ControlNode wrote:
I know that with some previous betas that I've been in the beta testers were rewarded for participating and helping them make the product better that non-beta tester players can not get.  I'm hoping that in home we get a little something extra that those that come in at the live release cannot get.

Things off the top of my head would include:
  • A free poster to hang in you v-pad the the Home Beta Tester logo on it.
  • A free t-shirt for the avitar stating Home Beta Tester
  • Free upgrade to a larger v-pad
I know there are plenty of other things that could work, but I just thinking outloud so share you thoughts.

Also, v-pad is refering to the Home User's apartment thing, I don't know that they are really calling this at the time, but v-pad had a good ring to it, sounds similar to d-pad.

I prefer to have a beta tester wallpaper... but a tshirt works just as well... but yea i do agree with you and getting a upgrade in living space
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 47 (2 Views)
0 Likes