Jan 21 2013
By: LightningEmotion Uncharted Territory 1281 posts

Idea of being able to visit different Home Regions from a NA Account

[ Edited ]
11 replies 323 views Edited Jan 21, 2013

I wish that users had the option to simply go to a new region of Home without needing to use an entirely different account.

I suppose I could understand why that couldn't happen from a "business" standpoint. But I don't really see why that would be that big of a deal from technical standpoint , especially considering that there are universal home areas and also that at one time, users could freely go to any space given they had an invite to it.

Would it really break someone's back to enable that feature? It would alleviate quite a few problems from the side of NA's detractors and critics. The EU and JP regions also have better management and whatever there, yeah?..So why not allow users to simply visit those spaces at will?

I think that the issue with buying items and stuff on different regions could be solved with a "PS Home universal currency system" kinda like with LKWD tokens.

In any case,.. I know there will probably be some arbitrary "reason" that will be the scapegoat for proclaiming "That would be impossible". I think most people who are critical of the NA Region of Home would like the idea of being able to switch regions freely, so I'd like to hear mostly from the people who are critical of this "enabled Region hopping from a NA account" Idea (lol).

Also, dont simply try to find as many things wrong with this idea as you can.,, Like  for example, don't say stuff like "This will cause headaches for the NA Home Management team" These people are getting paid for their work and customer satisfaction should be their  number #1 Priority (which is clearly the NA's Home Team's motto...) I want realistic , understandable problems that as a customer of Home, I would be able to relate to.( Just because I'm not a programmer of Home doesn't mean that I am incapable of sympathizing with them and understanding what they must go through. )  So what I am trying to say is..

I want someone to convince me that this idea I have is a bad idea and shouldn't be implemented!

(inB4 Semantics)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Do you remember what today is , Jack?"
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (323 Views)
PlayStation MVP
28998 posts

Re: The Idea of being able to easily visit different Home Regions from a NA Account

Jan 21, 2013

It's not going to happen. There are too many licensing issues when it comes to advertizing and regional content. It would be nice to get more international spaces like we had with FEVA and E3.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (315 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1281 posts

Re: The Idea of being able to easily visit different Home Regions from a NA Account

Jan 21, 2013

yeah, i kinda forgot about that kind of stuff .-.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Do you remember what today is , Jack?"
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (309 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
973 posts

Re: Idea of being able to visit different Home Regions from a NA Account

Jan 21, 2013
Hi all here a letter from about region hoping and why they don't do it. Here the link http://www.psu.com/a007275/Sony-to-crack-down-on-Home-region-hopping

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (261 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Jan 21, 2013

that article on region jumping was from '09 ...

it's not something they encourage but at the same time, they now let us post about it in these forums so, take it as you will

Photobucket
 photo CT3WinnerBanner_zps9eb2b641.png
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (217 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4991 posts

Jan 21, 2013

There's also a big Difference... If we used USA accounts and hopped to other regions with USA accounts that is what what be called Region Hopping... And we all know Hopping like this can't be done...

Having other profiles is a hole different story! There's no Hopping Involved!

:smileywink:

PS4 is out... And there is NO Playstation HOME on PS4... Shame Sony!!!
-
DCS 5yrs Playstation Home Anniversary (Feb 2009 - Feb 2014)
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Jan 21, 2013

While it is one of those things that may never happen I wouldn't mind if we could.

I have had friends who use the other versions of PS Home try to convince me to create another account or more.

I just can't picture myself with more than one & if I did I'm worried that I'd spend even more than I already do.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
728 posts

Jan 21, 2013

the whole licsensing issue is stoopid imo , it's all Sony , it's all Home .. where's the conflict ? it should all be consolidated . 

HOMELINGS ROCK!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
504 posts

Jan 21, 2013

it's all Sony , it's all Home. No its not and that is why there is a licsensing issue Hatsune Miku has nothing to do with home or NA EU ect just as that EU pop star i for get her name has nothing to do with home NA or JP

photo moka_zps43a8e4a6.jpghttp://playstationhome.jp
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
376 posts

Jan 21, 2013

phatso64 wrote:

the whole licsensing issue is stoopid imo , it's all Sony , it's all Home .. where's the conflict ? it should all be consolidated .

In a perfect world where there is no conflicts, no boundaries, everything is united, etc, then we might see that. But, sad to say, we don't.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (140 Views)
0 Likes