PlayStation MVP
3888 posts

Re: ISE mall hack again ?

Jul 4, 2013
King, if this "Hacker" site needed several versions over the years to conduct this exploit, wouldn't that suffice as an answer to Sony trying to fix the exploit? Come on now.

As Jo said, it's against the TOS to link here, but everyone else seems to have no problem finding that.

I also recall a thread posted by Sony stating they will be addressing those who participate in these activities. Coincidentally, you posted a few times on the first page and appear to not know what the purpose of that thread was either.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/An-Important-Announcement-Please-Read/m-p/15...
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 81 (234 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29011 posts

Jul 4, 2013

TitusF wrote:

I forget how many times they've patched the different methods to do ISE. I think around 6 or 7 times already? I personally don't have a problem with these folk doing it. As long as they aren't stealing paid content, content that can only be acquired by use of tickets or tokens and/or leaderboard rewards. Though, I never did like those users who openly brag about their exploited rewards. That could be classified as baiting. 

As for Mall Hack, they can't steal anything; As the current method the user would ordinarily use, can either only acquire an already free item or still have to buy it; Even if it has been pulled from any of the public mall points. If they don't want users buying or acquiring free items that can only be acquired through a mall, they should pull the prices off the item & make them display, 'Error'.

It does bother me when I read that paid items especially those classified as rewards are simply stolen where most in the community who obtain them legitamately have to spend real money for them. 

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 81 (234 Views)
Wastelander
602 posts

Jul 4, 2013
King0fHearts2007: "Again a "Hacker" site does not work for Sony so they know as much on this topic as you or I would."

This made me chuckle. Anyway back to our regularly scheduled programs.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 81 (229 Views)
Limit Breaker
16026 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

TitusF wrote:

I forget how many times they've patched the different methods to do ISE. I think around 6 or 7 times already? I personally don't have a problem with these folk doing it. As long as they aren't stealing paid content, content that can only be acquired by use of tickets or tokens and/or leaderboard rewards. Though, I never did like those users who openly brag about their exploited rewards. That could be classified as baiting. 

As for Mall Hack, they can't steal anything; As the current method the user would ordinarily use, can either only acquire an already free item or still have to buy it; Even if it has been pulled from any of the public mall points. If they don't want users buying or acquiring free items that can only be acquired through a mall, they should pull the prices off the item & make them display, 'Error'.

It does bother me when I read that paid items especially those classified as rewards are simply stolen where most in the community who obtain them legitamately have to spend real money for them. 

When you're required to pay for something but take it for yourself without paying.. What's .. there is a name for that but it slips my mind.. hmm?

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 81 (226 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29011 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

TitusF wrote:

When you're required to pay for something but take it for yourself without paying.. What's .. there is a name for that but it slips my mind.. hmm?

It's called STEALING. 

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 81 (217 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3603 posts

Jul 4, 2013

hyperkane wrote:

Yeah. It's not true "hacking". I call it wish-hacking or "whacking" for short. Mall Whacking. Just the other day I saw a bunch of guys whacking in the mall.   :smileyfrustrated:

Dying.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 81 (215 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4739 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

**snippy poo**

Oh please live with the fact you're wrong. They have patched ISE numerous times. 

My sentiments exactly.

I would get into it but I'm too busy not giving a hoot to entertain this any longer lol. Me, you and several other people here have told him that it's been patched several times.

If that makes me a fangirl because he can't accept that he's wrong..... then so be it.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Legendary_Vicki's SigLegendary_Vicki   Welcoming Committee v2.0   IamNinjaRabbit

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 81 (211 Views)
Limit Breaker
16026 posts

Jul 4, 2013

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

hyperkane wrote:

Yeah. It's not true "hacking". I call it wish-hacking or "whacking" for short. Mall Whacking. Just the other day I saw a bunch of guys whacking in the mall.   :smileyfrustrated:

Dying.

:smileyvery-happy:

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 81 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
602 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Stealing!!!???? There hasnt been a reported case of stealing in... o', 1.25 seconds!

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 81 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2173 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I know what you mean. I don't really care if it's an item that is obtained by just entering a space, finishing a survey, or stuff from a game in Home that is free in general. But if it's a reward that can only be earned by buying something only, then that would fall in to the categories I mentioned.

Homie From November 26, 2008 - September 13, 2013.

Shady business practices? File a complaint to the BBB.
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 81 (204 Views)
0 Likes