Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/11/2010
Offline
5381 posts
 

Re: ISE mall hack again ?

Jul 4, 2013
Almost BBQ time for me...just chilin and watching people getting stressed over nothing and that Home does not care about the issue.
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 81 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/20/2008
Online
8625 posts
 

Re: ISE mall hack again ?

Jul 4, 2013

Thew902 wrote:
5. Sony has patched it several times.

LoL, yes, yes they have...  But we are talking about if they tryed to fix the ISE problem and some facts to back it up with. 

 

Examples: 

  1. firmware notes that talk about all thats in the update. 
  2. Sony saying they are working on fixing this problem in the Blog, BBS, Facebook or Twitter.

 

But there does not seem to be anything to back up this argument

***********************************
Folding@home Team #118000
***********************************
GAPHome

             

               General

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 81 (298 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/22/2009
Online
29051 posts
 

Re: ISE mall hack again ?

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Legendary_Vicki wrote:
I just facepalmed so hard that I thought my head was about to implode. You really are so naive.

 

Do you actually use Home or are you just here to troll? If you have actually used Home over the past few years and have friends on there then you should already know this.

 

Noob is as noob does, right?


Are you a Fanboy/girl?  Your saying that Sony has tryed to fix this ISE problem and you can't back it up with any facts?  I was told to do a google serch and you know what?  There is nothing out there saying from Sony saying they are trying to fix the problem or are working to fix the problem.  So you have nothing to back your post up with. 

 

Did one of the Home staff ever come on here and say that they are trying to fix the problem?  How about Facebook, MySpace or Twitter.  Give me something.  If you can't then you have nothing!  :smileyhappy:


She doesn't need to be a fanboy of fangirl. That's a typical reply from you if someone disagrees with your point of view. Name calling doesn't make you right. 

 

And by the way I used google and came up with this pretty quickly on one hacker site dealing with how to ISE items in Home. I won't post the link here because that would be against the ToS

 

And there you have it.. what's probably the last real ISE that will ever be in existence. All previous ISE's have been patched via the implementation of SSL. 

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 81 (294 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/24/2009
Offline
4834 posts
 

Re: ISE mall hack again ?

Jul 4, 2013

Yeah. It's not true "hacking". I call it wish-hacking or "whacking" for short. Mall Whacking. Just the other day I saw a bunch of guys whacking in the mall.   :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 81 (279 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/22/2009
Online
29051 posts
 

Re: ISE mall hack again ?

Jul 4, 2013

hyperkane wrote:

Yeah. It's not true "hacking". I call it wish-hacking or "whacking" for short. Mall Whacking. Just the other day I saw a bunch of guys whacking in the mall.   :smileyfrustrated:


Which LMO was that hun? :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 81 (274 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 10/07/2011
Offline
273 posts
 

Re: ISE mall hack again ?

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

hyperkane wrote:

Yeah. It's not true "hacking". I call it wish-hacking or "whacking" for short. Mall Whacking. Just the other day I saw a bunch of guys whacking in the mall.   :smileyfrustrated:


Which LMO was that hun? :smileywink:


LOL thats funny and on a final note to the user that said hacking isn't illegal it is illegal

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 81 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 08/15/2007
Online
16259 posts
 

Re: ISE mall hack again ?

Jul 4, 2013

It's a great day to be an American! look at teh luves here!

 

Alright so..

An exploit, in video games is the use of a bug or glitches, rates, hit boxes, or speed, getting free items etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the developers It is often abbreviated sploit. Exploits have never been classified as a form of ''cheating; however, the precise determination of what is or is not considered an exploit can be controversial. This debate stems from a number of factors but typically involves the argument that the issues are part of the game and require no changes or external programs to take advantage of them.

 

In this case it's duping ''Duplicating items'' and once developers do find exploits the response may include banning players who took advantage of the exploit.

Interesting to note regarding home, Sony TOS state:

 

You are also prohibited from engaging in any of the following:

 

a. Deceptive or misleading practices;

f. Causing disruption to the Sites or any system, hardware, software or network connected to the Sites;

g. Attempting to hack or reverse engineer any code or equipment in connection with the Sites;

n. Using, making or distributing unauthorized software or hardware in conjunction with the Sites, or taking or using any data from the Sites to design, develop or update unauthorized software or hardware.

 

If you believe exploits fall under any of those then report them if you want to and let moderators handle it.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 81 (253 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 09/08/2007
Offline
2173 posts
 

Re: ISE mall hack again ?

Jul 4, 2013

I forget how many times they've patched the different methods to do ISE. I think around 6 or 7 times already? I personally don't have a problem with these folk doing it. As long as they aren't stealing paid content, content that can only be acquired by use of tickets or tokens and/or leaderboard rewards. Though, I never did like those users who openly brag about their exploited rewards. That could be classified as baiting. 

 

As for Mall Hack, they can't steal anything; As the current method the user would ordinarily use, can either only acquire an already free item or still have to buy it; Even if it has been pulled from any of the public mall points. If they don't want users buying or acquiring free items that can only be acquired through a mall, they should pull the prices off the item & make them display, 'Error'.



Homie From November 26, 2008 - September 13, 2013.

Shady business practices? File a complaint to the BBB.
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 81 (248 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/20/2008
Online
8625 posts
 

Re: ISE mall hack again ?

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:
She doesn't need to be a fanboy of fangirl. That's a typical reply from you if someone disagrees with your point of view. Name calling doesn't make you right. 

 

And by the way I used google and came up with this pretty quickly on one hacker site dealing with how to ISE items in Home. I won't post the link here because that would be against the ToS

 

And there you have it.. what's probably the last real ISE that will ever be in existence. All previous ISE's have been patched via the implementation of SSL. 


A Fanboy/girl is someone who blindly defends Sony with out giving any facts to back it up with.  Seems to fit whats going on right now.

 

As for your Google serch? 

  1. Your not helping out by not saying what you found.
  2. You found a "Hacker" site?  ISE is an exploit not a Hack
  3. How did this "Hacker" site find out that Sony is/was trying to fix or patch the exploit?

The one sided argument here is that Sony tryed to fix the ISE exploit.  I'm looking for something from Sony (NA server) saying that they have tryed to fix this probelm.  Again a "Hacker" site does not work for Sony so they know as much on this topic as you or I would.

 

Please remember that anyone can make any site at any time and say what ever they want about it.  Does not even have to be true and they don't need to backup anything they say on that site.  That is why I'm looking for a Sony site where they say in there own words what I would take as fact.

***********************************
Folding@home Team #118000
***********************************
GAPHome

             

               General

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 81 (246 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/22/2009
Online
29051 posts
 

Re: ISE mall hack again ?

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

**snippy poo**


Oh please live with the fact you're wrong. They have patched ISE numerous times. 

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 81 (227 Views)