Jan 17 2013
By: GlassWalls PlayStation Community Manager 2875 posts

[INFO] Upcoming Change in Home Save Files

[ Edited ]
468 replies 3521 views Edited Jan 17, 2013

Hi Home Community,

We're excited to let you know that we will introduce a new patch in PlayStation Home next week (Home v1.75) and we will be transferring your save data from the PS3 hard drive and onto the Home Servers.

This will generally improve performance and means that your save data will be available should you ever need to reinstall Home or login from a different PS3. Your save data will be transferred from your PS3 to our servers when you first install the patch. This process will only occur once per account and you will be informed that the save data transfer take place via an install message.

Once the transfer is complete, Home will only read your save data from the Home Servers. As such any backup data or saved data you may have on another PS3 will no longer be accessible.

The save data being transferred includes your Preferences, Character Saves and Apartment Furniture Layouts. 

The transfer process will not affect your Purchases and Rewards which are already stored on the Home Servers.

Since this is unusual to pre-announce a feature of a platform update, it is to give ample time to our core users who may use several versions of their save files, manually updating them from from a backed up source—this is to let you know to put your main saves on the hard drive prior to launching Home the first time after it updates to version 1.75. 

The rest of the official patch notes will be released in the blog the week it comes out. Get ready! There's never a dull day in Home.

Enjoy!

Message 1 of 469 (3,521 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4413 posts

Re: [INFO] Upcoming Change in Home Save Files

Jan 17, 2013
Can we expect any other associated features within the core, to expand user experience?
Message 2 of 469 (3,493 Views)
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

Jan 17, 2013

lol don't take this as the 1st post complaining about the "big news"!! Since I'm nowhere near a computer wiz & get easily confused, exactly how is this big news for us. Again I'm not complaining just need more of an explanation of what this will actually do since I can be slow at times.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 469 (3,490 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1507 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Good stuff thx for nthe heads up Glass..i like this VERY much...:smileywink:

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 4 of 469 (3,472 Views)
I Only Post Everything
780 posts

Jan 17, 2013

If this is the so called "big update", then I'm pleased. Granted, I'll believe the better performance promise once I start seeing the results. I freeze more due to Home crashing on itself than when people were freezing servers a few months back. Ain't that sad?

Message 5 of 469 (3,463 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
2875 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Thew902 wrote:
Can we expect any other associated features within the core, to expand user experience?

Yes. But this feature, we wanted to pre-announce so that our core users who might have several versions of backed up save files would have ample time to prepare and be aware of the change prior to the update. 

Message 6 of 469 (3,452 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4413 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Message 7 of 469 (3,442 Views)
PlayStation Community Manager
2875 posts

Jan 17, 2013

TC915 wrote:

lol don't take this as the 1st post complaining about the "big news"!! Since I'm nowhere near a computer wiz & get easily confused, exactly how is this big news for us. Again I'm not complaining just need more of an explanation of what this will actually do since I can be slow at times.

If you're not a hardcore users who backs up and stores several variations of their Home saves, which includes avatar designs and personal space layouts, then this won't affect you. No muss, no fuss, in your case! 

Message 8 of 469 (3,442 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Just to clarify: if I have 3 different furniture layouts for Harbour Studio, I should put only my favorite on my account. Because I will no longer be able to swap out furniture layouts. I will only have access to the one that is on the server.
Is this what I am reading?
Message 9 of 469 (3,405 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3170 posts

Jan 17, 2013

I have all of my Home preferences backed up with PS+ Online Storage. I just wanted to verify: Is it safe to delete those backups once the transfer is complete?

Message 10 of 469 (3,394 Views)