Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ghost of Sparta
7532 posts

Re: [INFO] Blog this week

Jan 9, 2013

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

I haven't read the Blog in ages.  I just log onto Home sometime Wednesday, Thursday or whenever Home updates, and look around to see what's there.  I can't say that I've ever felt unprepared for what I discovered or that I've missed out on anything worthwhile.  The Blog seems to be a set-up for eventual disappointment more than anything else.

Perhaps, but then, it just seems as if it's one more thing that we used to have and now we don't. I'm still awaiting a response regarding when the other regions notice of new content will be available. The less we expect the less we receive it would seem.

Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 111 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2489 posts

Jan 9, 2013
I barely buy anything in Home anymore and certainly nothing impulsively on release day based on the always-glowing Blog previews. Once the dust settles from the first round of buyers, I might consider a purchase.

My last Home purchase was Xi a month ago.
castle3
Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 111 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2443 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

I hardly read the blog, haven't in a long time save for a quick glance, so I don't care when it's published.

I believe they made a change in the blog  quite awhile back which turned me off to it.

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums

Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 111 (260 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Its just a sneaky marketing gimmick to promote impulse buying

Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 111 (215 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32261 posts

Jan 9, 2013

so the Blog updates will now be like newspapers? wake up in the morning to find out what happened the day(in this case hours) before? yay!

i think ill just cut out the middle man now and just sign on Home and see whats new that way.

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 111 (207 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
2875 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Thew902 wrote:
Glass, can I suggest more videos on the blog or are they each dependent on the developer? Primarily asking because of Konami's Strike Force outfits with each having unique animations.

Then again, if magnus was around maybe that would've solved this issue this week. I would like to see them before purchasing, and I bet I'll have to chase down 3 separate people to make outfit comparisons.

Each 3rd party developer, Konami in your example, makes their own marketing assets, which they submit to us, and I use as appropriate. The Home blog post tends to be one of the largest every single week, with only the PS Store post rivaling it (and it's often much shorter). I use as much as I can that they provide. The only video we make is the Virtual Item Showcase, starring Mr Magnus. Videos take a lot of time and skills that many of the smaller devs don't have, and if they were outsourced, it gets pricey for them. 

Don't worry, the VIS videos with Magnus are coming back next week. They're simple, but people do certainly get a lot ouf of them, and we're not planning to stop them now. Magnus was just on vacation, like the rest of us, but next week he'll have something ready to go.

Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 111 (200 Views)
PlayStation MVP
32261 posts

Jan 9, 2013

GlassWalls wrote:

Thew902 wrote:
Glass, can I suggest more videos on the blog or are they each dependent on the developer? Primarily asking because of Konami's Strike Force outfits with each having unique animations.

Then again, if magnus was around maybe that would've solved this issue this week. I would like to see them before purchasing, and I bet I'll have to chase down 3 separate people to make outfit comparisons.

Each 3rd party developer, Konami in your example, makes their own marketing assets, which they submit to us, and I use as appropriate. The Home blog post tends to be one of the largest every single week, with only the PS Store post rivaling it (and it's often much shorter). I use as much as I can that they provide. The only video we make is the Virtual Item Showcase, starring Mr Magnus. Videos take a lot of time and skills that many of the smaller devs don't have, and if they were outsourced, it gets pricey for them. 

Don't worry, the VIS videos with Magnus are coming back next week. They're simple, but people do certainly get a lot ouf of them, and we're not planning to stop them now. Magnus was just on vacation, like the rest of us, but next week he'll have something ready to go.

lies, hes been busy trying to sell us big buildings that pollute our Home Tycoon towns. oh wait, different Magnus... or is it. >.>

Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 111 (192 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9263 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Lol @ the_original_se one is Magnus Keys, the other is Magnus Keynes. Pfft clearly no relation. :Q
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 111 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4437 posts

Jan 9, 2013

GlassWalls wrote:

In case you missed it, the blogs are being moved to Wednesday mornings, aiming to sync when Home comes back online. It's ready to roll, and should be published tomorrow morning around 6am Pacific (9am Eastern). Hit me up with comments there and then, I might be slow, but once the coffee kicks in, I'll be glad to answer your questions. 

HOWEVER, next week, due to a very large announcement, the post will be moved up a day or two (Monday or Tuesday), but will revert back to Wednesdays afterwards. Exciting stuff! :smileyvery-happy:

Unless it's a new core update, it's nothing large. If it's another pay-to-play game then just shoot me in my foot now...

ldrr

Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 111 (160 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4193 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 111 (211 Views)
0 Likes