Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
29172 posts

Re: [INFO] Attention: Current Owner of Cutteridge Estate

Oct 3, 2012

KAL-EL246 wrote:

I think its not right that you guys took out the game and the puzzle box.  That was one of the big selling points for me about this space. And now you take it away?  My girl friend is mad because she has tried for a while to get the reward from that game but couldnt beat the game and now she can never try anymore because its gone now. She went to try today but nope its not there, very disappointing. This space is now less then when we bought it. I feel robbed and so does my girl friend. Am I the only one who feels this way?

It does sound like a temporary period of time as indicated by Jug's statement.

"We had no choice but to let them take it, but we will make every effort to get them back to you as soon as possible."

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 101 (555 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
2712 posts

Oct 3, 2012
As Joanna said above, the book has been temporarily removed for the current Halloween update. Jugernaut games has incorporated the removal into a storyline. I suspect the actives item removal was necessary to make room for the current spooky happenings. They have stated this is only temporary.

I am hoping the 2 active items will return as removable items. The estates rain is already available as the deluge lamp reward in the 7 winds space.
Posted Image

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 101 (543 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

KAL-EL246 wrote:

I think its not right that you guys took out the game and the puzzle box.  That was one of the big selling points for me about this space. And now you take it away?  My girl friend is mad because she has tried for a while to get the reward from that game but couldnt beat the game and now she can never try anymore because its gone now. She went to try today but nope its not there, very disappointing. This space is now less then when we bought it. I feel robbed and so does my girl friend. Am I the only one who feels this way?

It does sound like a temporary period of time as indicated by Jug's statement.

"We had no choice but to let them take it, but we will make every effort to get them back to you as soon as possible."

Agreed.  

KAL I think you assume too much, but I would agree that it's probably not a good PR move to remove popular content from a space people purchased for that content without any prior warning.

I suspect they had to remove the game and box in order to make room (memory allocation) for something else, and will bring back the game and box after Halloween?   However, so far I don't sea any change significant enough to warrant that decision, and while I suspect Jugernaught thought that it would be fun to mix it up, which I think is really cool, on the other hand, as it already has, it might backfire on them if people feel like they have lost content they paid for.

It's a 'tricky' situation, let's just hope we get paid off with some 'treats'. 

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 101 (530 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 3, 2012

CameraCat wrote:
I've seen some friends decorate it so that it looks just lovely.

I even had one friend who decorated the space to be a really cute, albeit terribly haunted, B&B. Aw, what the heck, I'd stay the night. I mean, ghosts don't usually KILL you, do they? They are really trying to scare you. Right? RIGHT (ulp)!?

These are Japanese ghosts, CameraCat.  They can kill you.

;-)

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 101 (458 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
376 posts

Oct 3, 2012

I'm sure they only removed those things from the space in order to have enough memory for the Halloween changes. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 101 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
566 posts

Oct 3, 2012

McJorneil wrote:

I'm sure they only removed those things from the space in order to have enough memory for the Halloween changes. :smileyhappy:

Or they are planning to make some changes to the items and then return them with new features. O.o

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 101 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
509 posts

Oct 4, 2012

I really hope they keep what they've got now. I was never really a fan of the Puzzle Box, and I bought the space without it initially (it came with the first update, as did the weather control and other stuff). I really like what I see, although, the return of the candle game would be nice unless they make the outfits winnable in another game or just thrown in like the Zombie Deadquarters. I'm pretty sure giving away the ghost outfits would shut a lot of people up if they decided to keep the changes (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE--oh GOD I love the roaming scarecrow and full-scale scares!), or seriously, make Cutteridge a freaking Clubhouse. The puzzlebox ain't that great (it's so very glitchy), and I'd be glad to give it up for some new content. GO JUGGERNAUT! -I seriously love this space!

Club: Nachtmere
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 101 (359 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4980 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Ok it was late last night, and rainy too.. Could hear the thunder... I was alone.. Somehow I was brave to enter the Cutteridge Estate..I noticed a little girl ghost in the corner by the stairs & the door if you coming down the stairs as the ball came from somewhere within... Goodness reminded me of that Shining movie..

After a while looking around. I  felt a little hungry so I went to the kitchen to see what kind of food they had, all I saw was green frames at the fireplace noticing also the mouse hole is no longer there nor under the stairs, as I got closer to the green fire the cabinets opened up where I jumped.. and ran out when I noticed outside the window someone running around.. What was this.. I went and run upstairs and the door seemed chained and like something evil behind it.... The that weird mirror told me to Get Out.. 

Sorry guys and Gals.. Had to bail.. Place is just too spooky.. Next time I will need me some backup

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 101 (312 Views)
Sackboy
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

The update is pretty awesome. It just keeps getting better and better. I love the new book hand item. I'm happy that we no longer have the blue ghost who swats at us. It was far too frequent. With any luck the historical society who took our book/game took those annoying things with them. :smileywink: The little girl ghost is definitely scarier. She made me jump. I cannot wait to see what else you guys have in store for this place!

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 101 (279 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Oct 5, 2012

i too have noticed the candle game and box of cultery gone,,,

i dont have any words on wall saying get out, but i have word in neon green on the mirror on top of the stairs saying HELP ME!

oooh cant wait to see what happens next!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 101 (219 Views)
0 Likes