Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
8593 posts

Re: IF and only IF yo do get accepted.

Apr 29, 2007

amir8 wrote:

Gnob wrote:

amir8 wrote:
Mabye they send the download to every PS3 owner. But the ones who where chosen type in a code to access the Beta each uniquely different obiviously. And when the official home launches everyone will be able to access it without a code. Just a thought.

the survery asks for your PSN account name so they might just patch the store for people who get into the beta

Yes, I know it asks for the PSN name. I got an invite. But wouldn't that be hard to go into the servers to alter someones PS store for the beta? Mabye they will send some sort of message to your PSN which has a link that when clicked on the message it goes to the PS3's web browser. By clicking that link gives you autherization that, that is your PSN and you download the beta directly from the site to your PS3.

thats probably what they will do actually
ssdsct5
Thanks to WWE_JohnCenaLuvar for the sig
Message 21 of 32 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2177 posts

Apr 30, 2007
I think its gona be a 1.71 update on PS3 with HOME under Network in XMB. Then ppl are gonna b excited and launch it to realize that u need a PW and or confirmation #.

Message 22 of 32 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1440 posts

Apr 30, 2007

kpepe wrote:
I think its gona be a 1.71 update on PS3 with HOME under Network in XMB. Then ppl are gonna b excited and launch it to realize that u need a PW and or confirmation #.

lol this is what i was thinking too.  imagine their face

first its

=D
=)
=S
=o
=(
and last
  ____
 ( ToT )
 (| .   . |)
 (   )(  )
GAP.SOCOM.
Message 23 of 32 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1295 posts

Apr 30, 2007
It's a beta test guys, wake up. If the rest of the crowd gets Home by download, beta testers WILL get Home by download. They will even likely try to get most of the testers to download it on the same day, just to see how their servers will react.  Same thing with the second phase.  Can you just imagine how hot those servers will be on the official release day?  They have to be tested as well, so Beta testers will download... End of story. 

eoj3
Message 24 of 32 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Apr 30, 2007
I think it will be a download as Mail cost money maybe not alot of money to sony but enough that they aint gonna pay to send something out for free that they wont make money back on seeing how Home is FREE.......

Go figure a regular letter envelope is $0.39 time that by 15,000 (as thats what supposedly the Closed beta consist of)  thats $5,850.00  but this is a cd so would be in a bigger envelope, weigh more,  So lets see just for postage thats atleast $1.50 x 15,000 = $22,500  and thats not even including the cost of the actual envelope..

So I think it will just be a DL in the PS Store...
Proud owner of 2 PS3's (60GB First Gen and a 80GB) & a PSPgo Black, PS Vita 3G, PS4

G.A.P. Member since 2/12/2007
Message 25 of 32 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Apr 30, 2007
You bring up costs for sony to send out a actual disk rather than have a download. If sony does decide to go the disk method it will not cost them anything. In all actuallity the entire cost's it would cost is a tax right off. That means sony will end up doing it free in the long run.
Message 26 of 32 (5 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
163 posts

Apr 30, 2007
It would be better for them to offer it as a download. All they have to do is clear your account to recieve the data and only you will be able to download. Pretty secure and effecient.
Message 27 of 32 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Apr 30, 2007
n0s   and how is it a tax write off they aint donating to charity or anything.. I run a business and don't get to write off our Postage on taxes.
Proud owner of 2 PS3's (60GB First Gen and a 80GB) & a PSPgo Black, PS Vita 3G, PS4

G.A.P. Member since 2/12/2007
Message 28 of 32 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Apr 30, 2007
It counts as tax write off in the sence that it is bussiness aspect. Just because they are not donating to charity or church it can still be wrote off. Donating is only one of many tax write off's. Company cars can be wrote off. Hell if you go to church every week and donate money to it you are allowed to write that off.
Message 29 of 32 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Apr 30, 2007
The email said by mail if accepted!
Message 30 of 32 (5 Views)
0 Likes