Reply
First Son
Registered: 03/01/2007
Offline
19 posts
 

Re: IF and only IF yo do get accepted.

Apr 29, 2007
So it sounds like it will just b a download, makes snese though, if its done by mail, it can be shared and too cost efficient.
Japan in January 2008
PS3 60GB
Reststance: Fall of Man

PS3 Network name: JPNAdam (If you send me a request tell me who it is first)
Folding@home: 55256
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 32 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/29/2006
Offline
5135 posts
 

Re: IF and only IF yo do get accepted.

Apr 29, 2007


Major_Nono wrote:
I'd like to say download, but then all the people who didn't get the invite would download the beta. If that happens then more than 15,000 people would be in the beta unless Sony makes a log-in screen for the betas.

I think it will be logical for Sony to do a PS3 firmware update to allow them to send the beta software through the PSN Instant Messaging system. That'd make sense.


That wouldn't happen. Sony will probably give the Playstation 3s that got into the beta certain access capabilities, like downloads only they can use.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 32 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 02/13/2007
Offline
10740 posts
 

Re: IF and only IF yo do get accepted.

Apr 29, 2007
Home is a real-time online 3D, networked community available on the PLAYSTATION®Network.  It allows PS3 users to interact, communicate, join online games, shop, share private content and even build and show off their own personal spaces to others in real time.  Home will be available as a free download from the PLAYSTATION®Store and will launch directly from XMB™ (XrossMediaBar) on PS3.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 32 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/21/2005
Offline
136 posts
 

Re: IF and only IF yo do get accepted.

Apr 29, 2007
That press release is refering to the initial home download when it goes live. Nowere in that press release does it refer to the beta process. From my beta exp in the pas it will probably be distributed through blue ray disk. Why would sony distribute it through the playstation network? I think it will be done by disk so they sony can insure that the right people get there hands on the beta software rather than risking 3 million ps3 user's downloading it. All it takes is for the download link to get leaked to ruin it all.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 32 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/19/2006
Offline
896 posts
 

Re: IF and only IF yo do get accepted.

Apr 29, 2007


n0s wrote:
That press release is refering to the initial home download when it goes live. Nowere in that press release does it refer to the beta process. From my beta exp in the pas it will probably be distributed through blue ray disk. Why would sony distribute it through the playstation network? I think it will be done by disk so they sony can insure that the right people get there hands on the beta software rather than risking 3 million ps3 user's downloading it. All it takes is for the download link to get leaked to ruin it all.


I understand where your coming from but it would cost Sony mega bucks to distributed blue ray discs when all they have to do is encrypt a web site to allow only those accepted into the beta for Home download.
 
I know this can be done because I do this professionally for a living. Plus, its a lot cheaper can they don't risk losing discs in the mail and accidently sending the software to the wrong house. I know my post office mistakenly puts my mail in my neighbors box by accident on more than one occasion.
 
My bet is the download will be from a encrypted web site where only "the chosen few" can access via their PS3 & PSN credientials (email address & password). If anyone else gets a hold of the URL and/or access using someone's credentials who has access, Sony will be able to track the IP address and mac address of the false user and ban that PSN ID.
 
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 32 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 04/27/2007
Offline
129 posts
 

Re: IF and only IF yo do get accepted.

Apr 29, 2007
It will be from the playstation store, you will probaly get a password to enter in.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 32 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 09/17/2006
Offline
633 posts
 

Re: IF and only IF yo do get accepted.

Apr 29, 2007
Mabye they send the download to every PS3 owner. But the ones who where chosen type in a code to access the Beta each uniquely different obiviously. And when the official home launches everyone will be able to access it without a code. Just a thought.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 32 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 02/13/2007
Offline
10740 posts
 

Re: IF and only IF yo do get accepted.

Apr 29, 2007


amir8 wrote:
Mabye they send the download to every PS3 owner. But the ones who where chosen type in a code to access the Beta each uniquely different obiviously. And when the official home launches everyone will be able to access it without a code. Just a thought.


the survery asks for your PSN account name so they might just patch the store for people who get into the beta
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 32 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 09/17/2006
Offline
633 posts
 

Re: IF and only IF yo do get accepted.

Apr 29, 2007


Gnob wrote:


amir8 wrote:
Mabye they send the download to every PS3 owner. But the ones who where chosen type in a code to access the Beta each uniquely different obiviously. And when the official home launches everyone will be able to access it without a code. Just a thought.


the survery asks for your PSN account name so they might just patch the store for people who get into the beta



Yes, I know it asks for the PSN name. I got an invite. But wouldn't that be hard to go into the servers to alter someones PS store for the beta? Mabye they will send some sort of message to your PSN which has a link that when clicked on the message it goes to the PS3's web browser. By clicking that link gives you autherization that, that is your PSN and you download the beta directly from the site to your PS3.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 32 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/28/2006
Offline
384 posts
 

Re: IF and only IF yo do get accepted.

Apr 29, 2007
Chances are, it will be a download.

This will ensure that the people who got accepted are able to even access HOME in the first place.

It will probably be a public download on the PSN network because its a lot of hassle to make it appear only for selected users. Chances are when you checkout you will require to input an access code to be able to download it.
Mitsubishi HC3000 + Electronic 100" 16:10 drop screen.
My 100" TV
PS3 GamerID : Vietone

Resistance:Fall of Man,Ridge Racer 7,Marvel Alliance,Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom,Genji
Rainbow 6: Vegas, Netflix Account
My Warhawk Papercraft Project
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 32 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes