Sep 17 2012
By: Subtenko Fender Bender 4213 posts

I still wish we had Open Mic on Home by now

16 replies 419 views Edited Sep 17, 2012

At least we have an option to do voice chat but its so unnatural when not in a game activity. I feel that I would have a chance to become nice penpals/friends with more people on home instead of those rare moments when my and a group have club activitys with a few guest from another group.

No one IRL has to go near someone and press a button to figure out if they can and want to talk for that matter. I dont even try to do that in home, seems akward and they might not even have a mic. I cant tell their voice tone if they are interested in talking, just want small **bleep**-chat, etc. We would still have opens that can take care of any concern. Dont want to seem like im betting a dead horse here but, Im just saying this as a home user since its beginning.

I like making new aquantinces IRL, and it would be great to do it in a more natural way in home like IRL. They will probably near go for open mic though and say 'Well we have the option to invite people..." Who does that though? Do I really want to wade through 30 people in my spare time in home to find the last person does have a mic? It's so unnatural. Text chat is cool but Home is supposed to be as social as possible. Everything isnt about text chat, otherwise the group Im in wouldnt all be using mics most of the time. Otherwise Sony wouldnt bother to be on social networks.

Some vet or new home user is probably gonna disagree with me, but maybe its just that we're different kinds of people, I'd just like the open mic option again. Like in DC universe online and I think free realms even has it. Turn it on, or turn it off. I'd have mine on obviously. I hope by at least PS4 they have upgrade all of this stuff. I mean come on..why would they not try to out-do them selves or take the next step when ps4 comes around?

--------NEW PlayStation All-Stars Forums-------
http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums
- Join the PlayStation All-Stars Arena with us.Contest, Tournaments, Updates, & More! New Forums Too!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1479 posts

Re: I still wish we had Open Mic on Home by now

Sep 17, 2012
Its so people isn't cussing each other out -__-
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your statement is Invalid.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (410 Views)
Fender Bender
4213 posts

Sep 17, 2012
^ I brought up the turn or and on function though and even the block options. It's the same thing we have now pretty much, except it would be turned on instead of off.

It would be unusual to say "hey can I talk to you" rather than add or start a conversation naturally. DC universe does this. I dont see why home didnt use the same concept. They inversed it
--------NEW PlayStation All-Stars Forums-------
http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums
- Join the PlayStation All-Stars Arena with us.Contest, Tournaments, Updates, & More! New Forums Too!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 17 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1690 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2012

We HAD it. It was taken away from us because the trolls abused the heck out of it.

It was near impossible to have long winded conversations with people in public and tell who was talking at times. Many times, you couldn't tell who the troll was in the conversation because everyone was talking.

Secondly, even if someone began harassing someone and/or violating ToS, there would be no text to submit a grievance of.

It was fun while it lasted, but the immaturity that runs rampant on Home ruined the fun.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 17 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1479 posts

Sep 17, 2012
Another reason per vs would be asking for a girls virtual you know what

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 17 (393 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25398 posts

Sep 17, 2012

It ws removed not only because of the alleged trolling, but due to the massive amount of lag it was causinging. Many users were having trouble logging into Home.

The system we have now, though everyone may not agree with it, is fine in my opinion.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 17 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1871 posts

Sep 17, 2012

Mic chat on Home BLOWs... Use SKYPE, but only to trusted friends... No lag No lag No lag....

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 17 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1479 posts

Sep 17, 2012
Im just ready for home too get out of beta maybe we can get some open beta gifts :smileyhappy:))

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (354 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
909 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2012

I still say Home's mic and text chats should be updated to be like DC Universe Online.

Mics should be disabled by and curse words in text should be censored by default, and we should be allowed to manually enable those to hear, type and read curse words if we want.  If the mic is disabled for other players, they wont hear anyone swearing, and if the chat censor is on for other people, they wont be able to read curse words, but those who want to say and type them can still do so because they'll either be censored or not heard at all.

And if anyone enables mic chat and disables the censor and they see or hear anything offensive, they can't do anything about it because they were the ones who enabled those features in the first place and should know the risks.

---signature---
Thanks to nDreams and the new Xi, my PS3 froze during Xi's download process and put me in a perpetual loop of file restorations every time I start up my PS3. I can no longer play Playstation Home or any of my PS3 games. 600+ dollars spent on Home content, down the ****ing drain. I'm done with Playstation Home, I'm done with Sony, and I'm done with this site, as my current PS3 situation no longer warrants my being here. Bye everyone.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 17 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Sep 18, 2012

Don't think anyone in home tht remembers this really wants it back. This was way over abused and like conrad said caused very bad lagging and server disconnections. If you have been on home since day one you should have already known this, and.. tht it has been discussed in multiple threads in the past. It's just another tool for trolling, and we have a nuff of tht already ty!    beatDeadHorse11-1.jpg 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 17 (282 Views)
0 Likes