Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
979 posts

Re: I kinda stopped caring

Sep 24, 2007

chaosis wrote:

InAHaze wrote:
I dont think interest is lost personally, I think it's more along the lines of Phil's announcement stopping the hype dead in it's tracks. people still want it, but it's no longer the hot topic.

Because it was suposed to bridge the gap between upcoming games like COD4, Drake's Fortune, Rock Band,Assassin's creed, Army of two and Unreal 3...it was nothing more than a fix for gamers unitl those releases...last i checked by spring of 08 we'll have LBP, Dark Sector,MGS4, and Killzone 2...who needs Home then? Hmm play in a virtual apartment or MGS4...let me think...no one will care by then...the window of opportunity (for microtransactions) is GONE...cause i plan on buying most of those titles...will i spend money on customizations now, no... $60 a game is where my moneys going.

I think you're underestimating the role it will play when it does actually release. You might not be spending time customizing an apartment or an avatar, but for facilitating online play and easier chat /organization for friends and clans, I think it'll still have its uses. Especially in games like CoD4, Army of Two, UT3, MGSonline etc. I think the delay might have actually helped Home in the long run. It couldn't have possibly lived up to the hype it had generated. If I was a conspiracy theorist I'd say the hype for it caused the delay since that hype would turn into bad press if Home wasnt how players expected it to be. Now that the hype is gone, when Home does release, people wont be quite as likely to pan it from the start for not being more fun than Uncharted, CoD4 etc when it's not even supposed to compete with games( unlike just a week before TGS when people were claiming that it over any of the games coming out, were the reason they got PS3).

As for micro transactions... you may not spend a buck on a fancier couch than someone else, but a lot of people will...and will still buy all the games you mentioned ontop of it.  You might not personally pay money for any customizations, but a lot of people will. Ontop of it, Sony will be advertising games / movies etc in Home, as well as selling advertising and reportedly eventually even selling store space to retail outlets.  Even if the customizations don't pay for Homes servers, or for PSN to run, what advertisers pay to have their trailer running 24-7 on a wall somewhere will.
Message 11 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1354 posts

Sep 24, 2007

twoinches wrote:

tonicmole wrote:
Problem is I paid $400 for a machine that is worthless! And any glimer of hope for the thing is.....DELAYED! Do you think it will actually come out? Search for home on this site and see what you get. Sony is trying to back out of this. Just watch. Tomarrow I'm gonna be $300 richer cause I'm selling this piece of crap!

OMG MY PS3 IS WORTHLESS? wait...i think all the games i own still work..let me check. (insert jeapordy theme) yup they still work. hmm maybe its just your ps3 ide call customer support if i were you. so many games comming out in the next month that i would be sad if my system was worthless to...and actually you will be out 100$ if i buy something for lets say 600$ and then sell it for 30$ im not 30$ richer...im a idiot..

lol. you are losing money smart guy
i write all msg on this forum using my ps3 browser. i can't type long replies & there is no editor so forgive me for any mistakes. cpu crashed. i hate the new msg creator for this forum & now i can't quote ppl.
Message 12 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
493 posts

Sep 24, 2007
No one cares about you.
Message 13 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3554 posts

Sep 24, 2007

ilike2game wrote:
Its going to be funny when it comes out and everyone relizes its not what they thought it would be.

Do you have inside info where you know Home isn't going to be what most people think it will be??  From what I know and what most people  have posted on the forums, it is what most people think it's supposed to be....a virutal online world where you can hang with your friends, play some mini games, start multiplayer games together, have a home that's your own, and a few other things.

So your saying it's not going to be what we've been told it's going to be???  Then what's it going to be like Sony employee????
 photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 14 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2380 posts

Sep 24, 2007
yeah just wait for it
PSN: lee50_10
Message 15 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes