Hekseville Citizen
207 posts

Re: I kinda need advice, please!

Jul 8, 2013

ForeverFranconia wrote:

LittleTortuga wrote:

ForeverFranconia wrote:

I don’t know what to do at this point, they’ll really making home not fun for me anymore, I would really like advice, I don’t know how to help this guy, It’s usually not my place.  Want to help, but I feel like I should stay away because I found out what his age is…

Please help me, if you can!

If they're taking the fun out of Home for you, it's probably time to delete them and move on.

Everything has a sell by date.

I should have mentioned, that I thought of doing that plenty of times, but I'd hate to add insult to imjury.

That' the price I pay of being too nice.

Someone who insults you, spamms you, gets on your nerves and does all the other unpleasent things to you, is not entitled to get any respect from anybody. I would without the shadow of a doubt 1) report the person, 2) delete him and 3) add him to my blocked list and then move on.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 40 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
207 posts

Jul 8, 2013

ForeverFranconia wrote:

Well the deed is done, as hard as it was, now I have another question?

Should I avoid home for a while or is it safe to go back in?

Continue to use Home as you like and have fun. It is unlikely that you run into the deleted person again. Home's public spaces run on many servers. Even if you are in the same public space, it is unlikely that you are on the same server as the other person and thus, you will not accidentally run into him.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 40 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
90 posts

Jul 8, 2013
Delete and move on.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 40 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
343 posts

Jul 9, 2013
Your a total sweetheart for having been patient with this individual! as long as you were! However once their issues become YOUR issues it really is time to bounce and move on. After a hard day of work and life in the real world we look forward to our little escape into virtual world. The last thing we need is to take on additional problems when we are trying to have fun, relax and enjoy ourselves. I too try to gently guide some of the young ones onto a path of safety, and manners, however some kids (and adults) really have issues only a professional could possibly assist them with. You did the right thing, no need to avoid the spaces you frequent, just get back to having fun!
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 40 (258 Views)
I Only Post Everything
951 posts

Jul 11, 2013
Your too nice, ppl tend to take advantage of ur kindness just delete the person spamming u. He said ppl hate him and dislike him well now u know why because he spammed them too just be honest let him know how annoyed you are. If you want I can tell him myself on home.
Êv¡Ł PųMpk¡Ňż
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 40 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
431 posts

Jul 11, 2013
I applaud your patience as well. I've had some "friends" who were cool at first, but later took it way beyond a comfortable level (let's go out, virtual relationship, etc.). Naturally, at first, I would just tell them that I don't believe in that kind of thing and hope they get the message. Some do, some don't, some won't. Unfortunately (or fortunately), I've eventually deleted those "friends". Home is about having fun and meeting cool people with similar interests, the drama can stay out in the real world. Heck, just dance it off :smileyhappy:

Signature

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 40 (207 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8586 posts

Jul 11, 2013

ForeverFranconia wrote:

I don't know if I posted this in the right place, but I have a little bit of a problem and need some advice, if you interested…

I met this guy in Hudson not a while ago, (to be safe I won’t give out his username). When he first approached me, he did what 90% of guys I run into do on Home, ask me to be his virtual girlfriend. I told him kindly that I don’t do online relationships, but was still willing to be just his friend, and that it was.

As I gotten to know this guy I noticed something was very odd about him…I had a feeling he was young because he wasn’t acting like a lot of people my age I hang around do: 1. He spams the ever-loving heck out of the option that makes him want to visit me, I mean in about 5 seconds I would get like ten notifications from this guy. 2. Some of the things he says are questionable.

Today, he asked to visit me into my Dolphy Room preparing for a race, (via spamming) so I go frustrated and just let him in. I told him twice already to stop spamming that option, but he proceeded to tell me that he was sad because no one in Home liked him. I asked him what did he do? And he said nothing that everyone hated him At first I thought it was his insecurities, so I told him, that you shouldn’t come  on Home just to make friends, you just have fun, and let them come to you Because if he tries to hard they’ll think of him as creepy and run away from him. He says he just wanted to talk to because his Grandma had died, and that I was like, “Oh, well that’s totally understandable.”

Then he told me that he was seven…and I was a bit shocked, but explained why I felt he was a bit off. I knew he was young, and I don’t usually believe people’s ages, but this explains a lot. I felt a little worried because what if his parents caught him talking to me, and they assumed the worst and I could end up banned, or worse, in jail!

I explained to him that this could be a reason people are avoiding him, because many people don’t hang with kids on the internet and people could tell that we has on the young side. But he took it as  if I hated him, because he wasn’t the same age I was, I tried to say that I didn’t hate him, but I had to cautious because of his age, but he wouldn’t listen.

We then went to a race and I say him talking to girls only then he went to a girl…and wouldn’t leave her alone, I didn’t see any text bubbles, so I assumed everything was in pms. After the race, I saw the same girl tell him to leave her alone.

He came back crying to me that “See! I told you no online liked me.” Then I tried to tell him, that you shouldn’t follow random girls around because they’ll just thing that you’re being a perv, and I’ve seen him do this a lot.

Then when his friend came on, it all hell broke loose, I wasn’t sure what was happening, they both were bombarding me with texts, with the guy I was with telling me not to tell him his age aloud, yelling at me in fact, while his friend was, I assuming trying to flirt with me… he got jealous and startng telling him to shut up and leave me alone. after the next race I just let and ran in to x7, and then off the PS3 altogether.

I don’t know what to do at this point, they’ll really making home not fun for me anymore, I would really like advice, I don’t know how to help this guy, It’s usually not my place.  Want to help, but I feel like I should stay away because I found out what his age is…

Please help me, if you can!

This is and has been a big problem in Home.  I've tryed to bring this to everyones attention a few times now but nothing works.  It's just way to easy to fake your B-day and sneek onto PSN Home and not everything on Home is made for all ages.

As for your problem?  Sorry, the best answer to that would be to report your friend.  Yes, it's a hard thing to do but do you really feel that good that this kid is harassing other girls?  You even said in your post on how wrong it felt when you found out how old this kid was.

As for "I don’t know what to do at this point, they’ll really making home not fun for me anymore," do you really see Sony doing anything about this?  Home is 7 or 8 years old and it's still in beta and some of the bugs that it had on day one are still here today.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 40 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Jul 11, 2013

delete and turn your privacy on so he can't send you msgs. he will find another person to harass . no need to try help him cause people like that can't be helped and don't want to be helped. he will use you as long as you keep him.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 40 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8586 posts

Jul 12, 2013

fubario wrote:

delete and turn your privacy on so he can't send you msgs. he will find another person to harass . no need to try help him cause people like that can't be helped and don't want to be helped. he will use you as long as you keep him.

Does that fix the problem?  Or...  Is this kid just going to start harassing the next girl he sees on Home?  The problem then becomes her problem and the circle continues...

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 40 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

Jul 12, 2013

The problem was dealt with a week ago lol

Please use plain text.