Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ghost of Sparta
7716 posts

Re: I kinda need advice, please!

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

LittleTortuga wrote:

If they're taking the fun out of Home for you, it's probably time to delete them and move on.

Yes this ^. If he's being a general nuisance, not only is he going to ruin YOUR time on Home but also spoil it for anyone around you. It really is time to move on and as bad as you may feel at first, it'll be worth it once done and I bet you'll be most relieved. Perhaps you can even get him to delete you instead of having to do it yourself. It may work out better that way. Good luck OP.

Message 11 of 40 (328 Views)
Fender Bender
2040 posts

Jul 7, 2013

If the person really is 7 you should block and delete immediately. You are past the point where you're just being nice. Someone that age could potentially cause you real life legal trouble. It has happened before in virtual communities.

Block and delete immediately.

Message 12 of 40 (326 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

Tell him you just want to be his friend, not his girl friend.  There are a lot of people under 13 on home. I have had more trouble with some " adults" on home than children. If you can't think of yourself as being his friend, tell him why you have to block him, just leaving him will hurt him more. There are children his age on home. He might find a " wife" around his age. Most of the young ones just want friends, not really to date. When I deal with someone that young, and they ask me things, most of the time I tell them to ask an older relative or their parents. One has to remind them that they are not their parents. I usually don't tell people in my clubs what to do, I want them to live the way they want, so if they act out, I let them do their thing, as long as it does not affect my clubs. I think your young friend is looking for others to interact with. I am hoping he finds good influences here and  doesn't end up friending a jerk who might steal his account or hurt him

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 13 of 40 (304 Views)
Sackboy
604 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Using home as a dating service ? that's like me trying  to use craigslist to find a date.

ADD stargatefan2 for home space tours i own 145 spaces
Message 14 of 40 (293 Views)
Wastelander
412 posts

Jul 7, 2013

I hope you blocked and deleted him by now like everyone advised you to? It's really the best thing to do. If you really can't decide, send a private message to a moderator that's online at this moment, explaining your situation.

Also, you need to send the moderator that boy's PSN ID too. With that, the moderators can follow him from then on, and "take him off you". Then you can play Home again without guild and/or regrets.

Message 15 of 40 (280 Views)
MVP Support
7198 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Since he is too young to be using Home, it's best to delete and block him altogether if he isn't going to take into consideration that you're not comfortable with dating on Home and see that you want to be just friends.

You're also right, being a friend to everyone you meet on Home can be costly.

Message 16 of 40 (226 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
303 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Well the deed is done, as hard as it was, now I have another question?

Should I avoid home for a while or is it safe to go back in?

Wow, my signature is bright!
Message 17 of 40 (221 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4499 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Stay at the x7 entrance....it's safe there

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 18 of 40 (214 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7198 posts

Jul 8, 2013

ForeverFranconia wrote:

Just continue enjoying Home as you always do despite the falling out between you and your former friend.

Message 19 of 40 (213 Views)
Survivor
1317 posts

Jul 8, 2013

ForeverFranconia wrote:

You're fine, I don't see why you can't go back on. If they approach you you can do one of 2 things. Ignore them ( using ignore feature ) or you can just leave the space. If someone I've just deleted ( OR Deleted me ) frequents a particular space, I'll usually avoid the space so I can avoid tons of Drama. 

Message 20 of 40 (210 Views)