Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 17 2012
By: AfrosRockMan Splicer 31 posts

I did not pay $6.99 for this BS! (Cutteridge Estate)

45 replies 987 views Edited Oct 17, 2012

Sorry, but the new changes to Cutteridge are plain unacceptable. The rain and weather (including the nice portrait that controlled it) are completely gone. That single feature made the place for me & many others. And second, there's a giant hidden room open right smack dab in the entryway. And what am I greeted with out front? A freaking ad to buy stuff! How tasteless! Plus, Juggernaut messed with the lighting again! The cliff over looking the lighthouse is now as bright as the inside of the house. How about fixing the shadows from furniture on the second floor appearing on the first floor ceiling? The worst part of all of this is that I am left looking like a fool to several friends that I recently got to buy the place (as it was before) since they all loved it.

Now before you get on my case about the devs being able to "change their own content", or that this is allowed in the TOS (which half the time won't up in court), consider this... Wouldn't you get mighty peeved if you paid for a nice sound system in your car, but then the manufacturer took that out and put in a sunroof instead without your permission? This is a matter of principal. Yes, they're making changes and adding content, which is nice for those that want it. But what they did here is on a whole other level. They not only changed several things, they removed features that are now replaced by games which tell me I need to put out another $6.99 just to play. I'm pretty sure one could call that a bait & switch. Or in legal terms; fraud.

The solution to all of this would be to give those of us that paid for Cutteridge an option in the "Home Spaces" section of our navigator, an option to go to the new version or previous versions of the space. Possibly make said different versions a free download for those that already own it if the former is not allowed within the current Home tech. That way, those that like the changes can have them, & those that want the older version can have that too.

TL;DR: Changing & worse yet, removing content to this degree that we paid for "as is" is wrong, end of story. Either give us the Cutteridge that we paid for, or my friends & I will boycott all Juggernaut Games content from now on.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 46 (987 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29074 posts

Re: I did not pay $6.99 for this BS! (Cutteridge Estate)

Oct 17, 2012

It is hard to know what is permanent in the way of changes or just for the holidays. I can understand where changing content permanently could be an issue for many. You bought something seeing it the way is was and to have it changed after the fact can be a problem.

Hopefully you'll get an answer quickly from the developer. I own it as well but haven't been to it recently. I did like the way it was before too.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 46 (964 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Oct 17, 2012

You have the right to be upset with the changes, but ranting and raving about it won't solve anything. Just say what you don't like, there's no need for the whole "Boycott! Witch! Burn them all!" mentality.

As for your examples about the sound system, that's a stretch.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 46 (956 Views)
Lombax Warrior
266 posts

Oct 17, 2012

yea I agree seriously put the rain back it's really not the same without it I don't like it at all the way it is right now put the rain back !!!!!!!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 46 (935 Views)
Survivor
2579 posts

Oct 17, 2012
I agree we didnt ask for another estate.... we wanted an updated one NOT a different one.. This is all marketing. pffff
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 46 (911 Views)
Splicer
31 posts

Oct 17, 2012

I understand where you're coming from, though unfortunately "ranting and raving" has been the only way to get things to change on Home for a long time now, since historically asking politely every few weeks hasn't done squat. And yes, I feel there is a need for the "boycott mentality". Why? Because we vote with our wallets on what we want, that's why. And no, the sound system analogy isn't far fetched when you consider that it was a feature that was swapped out for something else, both of which remain parts of a lager whole.

Also Joanna_Dark_, the changes I fear are permanent unless they bar access or remove features from the new bundle. All these new changes were released in conjunction with said bundle (for the interactivity) and nowhere does it say that they are usable for a limited time.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 46 (903 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29074 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 17, 2012

The rain should not have been removed. A fellow administrator at yourpshome.net heard from juggernaut a short time ago and that was a mistake.

The rain is a big part of that space and it would be a terrible shame for that to have been removed.

It appears this update has lots of issues. Just unreal.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 46 (874 Views)
Juggernaut Developer
102 posts

Oct 17, 2012

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We are aware that the rain picture frame is not showing up and that the minigame is not currently available. This is not an intended removal, there is an issue with the minigame which we are working with Sony to resolve.

We will have stormy weather back in Cutteridge Estate as soon as possible!

Thanks,

Juggernaut

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 46 (844 Views)
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Oct 17, 2012

AfrosRockMan wrote:

I understand where you're coming from, though unfortunately "ranting and raving" has been the only way to get things to change on Home for a long time now, since historically asking politely every few weeks hasn't done squat. And yes, I feel there is a need for the "boycott mentality". Why? Because we vote with our wallets on what we want, that's why. And no, the sound system analogy isn't far fetched when you consider that it was a feature that was swapped out for something else, both of which remain parts of a lager whole.

Well, I honestly don't pay enough attention to Home politics to know, but I highly doubt that if a calm approach doesn't work, an angry one will. Nobody will want to please people who do nothing but yell at them. Remember, developers ARE people.

You also picked a small part of what I said. I never said "boycott mentality." If you don't want to purchase from them after this it makes sense given your situation, but I said "Boycott! Witch! Burn them all!" I did that to imply the overreaction. By the way, this is a fresh update and you're giving your suggestions for the first time. If this was a month after the fact and they were ignoring you that's one thing, but they haven't.

A 7 dollar virtual house or a several hundred to thousand dollar sound system, whereas they convert your 7 dollar house or your several thousand dollar car. Silly me for thinking that was a stretch.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 46 (830 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9088 posts

Oct 17, 2012
Thanks Jug :smileyhappy: good thing I have my deluge lamp as a backup :smileywink: also, PLEASE return the roving lighthouse light as it was one of my favorite space features but is rarely mentioned!!!
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 46 (828 Views)