Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 28 2012
By: Shadow-Runner Survivor 1991 posts

I WANT MY OWN MUSIC IN HOME

19 replies 828 views Edited Jul 28, 2012

Over 3 years into Home now, and we STILL cant stream our own MP3's from our HDD in Home. Cant they give us a jukebox furniture item for our personal spaces that would do this? Now before anyone starts telling me about the lame Crackle internet radio, or the playground boomboxes...thats not what im talking about, nor is it satisfactory to my prefrences. 

Simply put, i want the ability to stream "custom soundtracks" (MP3's) from our HDD to Home. You can do this in most PS3 games, now...so why not on Home? The number one response i always get is: "Copyright issues" but if that is really the case, then why are we allowed to play them in games? I listened to Metallica while playing GT5 today, via custom soundtracks in the game. So does that mean that Metallica is gonna sue me for it? Come on, now...im tired of the lame "legal excuses" for why we cant do certain things in Home. 

Furthermore, doesnt the Home staff realise all we have to do if we really wanna listen to our own music is simply hold or tape the R2 button down while in group or club chat? There was also an old DNS trick that would allow you to use your own MP3's via one of the playground boombox's a while back. Idk if it still works, but the point is....WE SHOULDNT HAVE TO CHEAT THE SYSTEM to get something as simple as a friggin song streamed in Home. 

Will this ever be resolved? Or is their answer simply to direct us to internet radio and whatever else THEY want us to use? UGH

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 20 (828 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5644 posts

Re: I WANT MY OWN MUSIC IN HOME

Jul 28, 2012

Shadow-Runner wrote:

I listened to Metallica while playing GT5 today, via custom soundtracks in the game. So does that mean that Metallica is gonna sue me for it?....WE SHOULDNT HAVE TO CHEAT THE SYSTEM to get something as simple as a friggin song streamed in Home. 

Will this ever be resolved? Or is their answer simply to direct us to internet radio and whatever else THEY want us to use? UGH

It is perfectly legal to listen to music you paid for in your own house. You can listen to Metallica on an MP3 player while you are in HOME. Sony will never make a Jukebox that will allow you to broadcast copyrighted music in HOME. There are "work arounds" that allow you to play your music in HOME, but Sony will never help you do that because if you are caught, the Sony Corporation can Disavow any knowledge of your actions. And for the record, I think that Metallica might try to sue you for playing their music in GT5.

capture_1_1.png

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 20 (788 Views)
VP of Gaming
25621 posts

Jul 28, 2012

bronxsushi wrote:

And for the record, I think that Metallica might try to sue you for playing their music in GT5. 

Hahaha! That's funny. You remember the Napster incident...

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 20 (767 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Jul 28, 2012

Being in a group chat allows for headsets, right?  So...someone could create a group where the host plays a style of music all day and everyone who joins can listen to is as if it's a raidio.

How many people can be part of a group chat?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 20 (764 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29112 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 28, 2012

Probably the only way to get your own music is to use an mp3 player although how many of us thought we'd never see movies and internet radio and we have those now.

ipod

Personally I don't think it's going to happen although I'm looking forward to portable EOD's for both movies and radio which should be here soon. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 20 (752 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Jul 28, 2012
i think 10 is max
Yes, Im Chelada's son.
n00b editing
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 20 (732 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Jul 28, 2012

CheladaJr wrote:
i think 10 is max

Thanks.  Well there goes that radio idea.

We need a radio.  A Homemade radio.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 20 (728 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1991 posts

Jul 28, 2012

Again, TY all for your responses. 

It seems the general idea is that Home (or Sony) will never let us stream our own music. I hate this idea. But i guess i'll just have to continue using my MP3 player while on Home. 

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 20 (722 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Jul 28, 2012
What about the Radioio? i thought that played music?
Yes, Im Chelada's son.
n00b editing
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 20 (716 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10959 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 28, 2012

CheladaJr wrote:
What about the Radioio? i thought that played music?

Are we totally forgetting about Radioio Jukebox by LOOT? that suppose to come this summer?

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: &quotMe love sum animes!" -AL2009man 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 20 (706 Views)
0 Likes