02-12-2009 06:54 PM
The following promotion is intended for viewing in the 50 United States and D.C. only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal resident of, and located in, the 50 United States or D.C. at the time of entry.
PlayStation® Home I LOVE NINJAS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. THE WINNERS OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES ARE RANDOMLY SELECTED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING FACTORS; THE HOME COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT SHALL RANDOMLY ENTER DIFFERENT INSTANCES OF THE EVENT SPACE THROUGHOUT THE PROMOTION PERIOD WHILE REMAINING INVISIBLE; (“INSTANCES” BEING DEFINED AS A NEW EVENT SPACE THAT IS CREATED WHEN THE NUMBER OF USERS IN THE EVENT SPACE HAS REACHED ITS MAXIMUM CAPACITY); THE MAXIMUM CAPACITY OF THE EVENT SPACE VARIES; THERE ARE AN UNDETERMINED NUMBER OF EVENT SPACE INSTANCES; IF DURING THE PROMOTION PERIOD THERE ARE MULTIPLE INSTANCES HAVING THE SAME NUMBER OF QUALIFYING ENTRANTS WITH NO NON-NINJA VISITORS THE FIRST INSTANCE VISITED SHALL WIN. IF THERE ARE NO INSTANCES WITH NO NON-NINJA VISITORS THEN THE INSTANCE WITH THE HIGHEST NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS WINS. WINNERS ARE CHOSEN AT THE SPONSORS DISCRETION. THE PRESENCE OF NON-NINJA DRESSED USERS IN ANY EVENT SPACE INSTANCE WILL AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFY ALL ENTRANTS IN THAT EVENT SPACE INSTANCE.
Void outside the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The PlayStation® Home I Love Ninjas Contest (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, including District of Columbia, who are at least thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of entry and hold a PlayStation® Network account in good standing as determined by the Sponsor.
2. SPONSOR. Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. (the “Sponsor”), 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd, Foster City, CA 94404.
3. TIMING. The duration of the Promotion is one (1) hour. The Promotion begins on February 13, 2009 at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends on February 13, 2009 at 7:00 p.m. PST (the “Promotion Period”).
4. HOW TO ENTER. Using the PlayStation®3 system, go to the PlayStation®Network and access PlayStation®Home, the virtual 3D community hub. Users who wish to enter (the “Entrants”) shall dress their avatars in a ninja costume or customize their avatars using complimentary virtual goods to resemble a ninja-like appearance (such as all-black clothing with bare feet). Entrants shall go to The Gamer's Lounge (the “Event Space”) (accessible via the World Map on the Entrant's Menu Pad) between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. PST (9:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. EST) on Friday, February 13th, 2009 for a ninja-themed Valentine’s Day Dance Party. Throughout the Promotion Period Home Community Management shall ‘”instance jump” in and out of the Event Space “instances” using the administrative client to identify the first instance where all avatars are dressed in ninja garb and there are no non-ninja visitors. All Entrants identified in that first full instance shall each be awarded one (1) Warhawk® PlayStation®3 game and one (1) SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation PlayStation 3 game. Limit one entry per person per PlayStation® Network (“PSN”) account for the duration of the Promotion Period.
5. ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE. Limit one entry per person and per PSN account and per e-mail address. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures or malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, even if caused by the negligence of Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to address, mailing address and/or telephone number of Entrant. Entries not satisfying these Official Rules shall be automatically disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend the electronic portion of this Promotion should virus, bugs or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion and to award prizes from among all eligible entries received prior to action taken by Sponsor. Automated entries are prohibited and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his/her Promotion entries) who tampers with the entry process.
6. WINNER SELECTION. Winners shall be determined based upon the results of the Home Community Management administrative client’s random “snapshot” of the first instance where all avatars are dressed in ninja garb and there are no non-ninja visitors.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES. Potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and receipt of the prizes are contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winners may be required to provide the Sponsor with documentation that shows he or she was an eligible participant. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the PlayStation® Network used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
8. PRIZES AND ODDS OF WINNING. The number of winners depends on the number of Entrants in the prize winning instance. Each winner shall receive one (1) Warhawk® PlayStation®3 game and one (1) SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation PS3 game with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $59.99. Prize fulfillment is at Sponsor’s discretion and based on availability. If necessary, due to unavailability of the prize for any reason, a prize of equal or greater value shall be awarded at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. All Federal, State and local tax liabilities are the responsibility of the winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification. If the winner is a minor, then prize will be awarded to winner’s parent or legal guardian. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions allowed. Please allow 1 week for delivery of the prize. The odds of winning depend on number of valid Entrants who were in the Event Space for the Promotion and who were part of the “snapshot” caught by the Home Community Management’s administrative client of the first instance where all avatars are dressed in ninja garb and there are no non-ninja visitors.
9. PUBLICITY . By acceptance of the prize, winners agree to the use of their name and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law and agree to sign and return an Affidavit of Release (the “Affidavit”) within ten (10) business days of prize notification.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. By acceptance of the prize, prize winner agrees to release Sponsor and its respective parents, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions, and affiliates from any and all liability, claims or actions or any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to or from any prize-related activity and/or sweepstakes activity. Employees of Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, agencies, and affiliates and each of their related companies and their immediate families are not eligible. Neither the Sponsor nor their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions nor related companies are responsible for any damages, taxes, or expenses that winners might incur as a result of this sweepstakes or receipt of prize.
11. PROMOTION RESULTS. The names of the winners shall be posted on the PlayStation Home forums on February 17, 2009. To obtain a winners list by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to PlayStation Home “I Love Ninjas” Promotion, Attn: Promotions, 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd. 2nd Floor Foster City, CA 94404. The winner’s list request shall be fulfilled within four (4) weeks after the prizes have been awarded. Requests for the winners list must be received by July 30, 2009.
12. RESTRICTIONS. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.