Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Re: How's Home Doing?

Feb 10, 2013
Wow... Thank you D-Nitrate for that amazing response. That was the response I was truly looking for. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels that strongly about how Sony's hand in the NA Sever is severely lacking.

Any Staff of Sony that read this, we honestly don't mean to step on your toes, but enough is enough. You have an amazing platform in Home, here. It's getting bigger and bigger and bigger, but your neglect of the care and love that it needs is making it hurt, severely. Home wants to spread its wings... but Home doesn't have any room to do so. 3rd Party developers and users can only do so much. It is ultimately you, Sony, who can make Home a better experience for everybody, in the long run.

Phew... I love Home. And I really do agree with you, D-Nitrate. I see some things in Home now, that are just incredible. But being booted from Home every 1-2 hours, getting disconnected just for visiting clubs, club chat constantly going out, networking issues... list goes on... It's gotta stop. I know Sony took a big hit in April '11 with the hacking... but... it can't really take THAT long to recover, can it? This is SONY we are talking about!

Okay, I've said my peace. Ha.
Message 11 of 25 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Feb 10, 2013
Just a heads up if no one has yet noticed and its a safe bet no one has here and would welcome this news on behalf of another poster.
But our targeting system is back and we can also now target chairs in different areas and or floors like rapture.
Making it accesible again the old way.
Check it out and dont forget to hit that kudos button for whomever repeats what i discovered and alerted to all already.
Yay the home community!

- Restless Dreams.
Message 12 of 25 (213 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 10, 2013

deadbyfaith wrote:

Obviously a lot has happened in a year. Heck, this new 1.75 update that's going to be rolling around soon is going to be huge! Looking forward to it. But what are your opinions of Home and what keeps you coming back?

For those of us who enjoy being creative and making multiple layouts of our spaces for themes, like holidays, this update is not worth getting so excited about, because instead of adding an official feature for saving multiple layouts they are removing the current way of doing that (making multiple copies of the files for our spaces).

Instead, the geniuses at Sony think its not a big deal to just "re-do" our spaces each time we want to change a layout.  Like taking away all the paintings by an artist and telling them they only need one canvas, and to "simply" repaint their previous work over their last work.

To throw salt in the wounds, they haven't even improved the furnishings menu, and continue to label most things as "Assortment" making it take forever to try and find items forced in to the assortment storage folder with minimum sorting and filtering options.  Needles in haystacks... That's what Home's storage folders are like these days.

So while I'm glad you are excited about 1.75 - if you check the forums, you'll find there is a great deal more anger about this update than those that are genuinely excited about it.... Which is rare, as most core updates have been welcomed with open arms by users.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 13 of 25 (210 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 10, 2013

chicagotops wrote:
Just a heads up if no one has yet noticed and its a safe bet no one has here and would welcome this news on behalf of another poster.
But our targeting system is back and we can also now target chairs in different areas and or floors like rapture.
Making it accesible again the old way.
Check it out and dont forget to hit that kudos button for whomever repeats what i discovered and alerted to all already.
Yay the home community!

Please don't let this be a joke?!?!?!   If this is real, I'm going to dance the jig!   We have been practically begging Sony for months to bring back the old targetting system due to all the problems with the updated one.    *crosses fingers this is true*

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 14 of 25 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 10, 2013
Try it out..

But its also a joke on behalf of the community.
- Restless Dreams.
Message 15 of 25 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Feb 10, 2013
Hey, thank you very much, everybody who's given feedback in this thread. I really appreciate it.

It is plain to see that there are huge amounts of pros with a painstaking amount of cons, backing it up. Which is what I have personally been seeing since I returned at the beginning of this year. I sure hope Sony will see what a diamond they really have in Home.

Lets do what we can as a Community to show them that Home is NOT A GAME. To some, it's a way of life. To others, it is their life. Those who can't walk in real, can now walk in Home, and hang out with friends, and go on adventures, with friends.

Quite honestly, some of the friendships you make in Home, turn out to be more genuine than friendships you can make in real life. That has been true in many cases for me. Does this mean I, or anybody else who can relate, has no life? No. We are simply just different, and we experiencing life differently. Home is a great outlet and a great platform. Many great things can be done in Home if the right minds work together.
Message 16 of 25 (164 Views)
Welcoming Committee
2744 posts

Feb 10, 2013
The upcoming core update and PS+ perks for Home prove it is here to stay! Like it or not, cloud based gaming is the current trend. Home is the beta for that concept. See you in our virtual playground.
Posted Image

Message 17 of 25 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
392 posts

Feb 11, 2013
I asked Home how it was doing but it didn't say anything. Probably has no keyboard or headset oh well
Message 18 of 25 (119 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Feb 11, 2013

So do we have any others who wish to give feedback to this thread? There has been a lot of great feedback so far.

Message 19 of 25 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

I have really enjoyed reading this thread.

I too have been gone for about a year due to a broken PS3. Home has had a huge impact on my life, as I have issues socializing in real life. This experience has helped me open up, and make friends I hope to never lose. I still find myself going solo, even in Home. I love exploring the Continuum, and playing in some of the new spaces alone.

My first impression when coming back was a load of mixed feelings. Some of the spaces were really exciting to see, as they were things we've been asking for since the beginning of Home. That wore off pretty quickly though, as I was stumbling through trying to find old spaces I enjoyed or even new spaces that captured my interests. The interface seems a bit of a mess. They overhauled it a lot, but left in a lot of fragments from the old "tile" based interface.

I've recently introduced someone to Home. They had tried it when it was first released, but found it boring. Their reception of the new home was the same as mine. There's tons to do now, but trying to find where to start or what to do is a bit difficult. They had a heck of a time trying to find items they wished to purchase. If I hadn't been there to guide them along, they probably would have just gone with the default clothing. Although, I have to say that I was also getting quite frustrated digging through all the different stores, brands, sub-categories, etc... Just to find a pair of pants to match the top she picked out. Alphazone4 helped out in this, but I shouldn't have to keep going between the computer and home to find items in the store.

My list of suggestions is starting to build up, and I plan on posting them to the suggestion thread soon. Not even sure if they actually read that thread, but it will help me vent some of my aggravation.

All that said... as long as Home remains, so will my presence within it.

-Jinx <3

Message 20 of 25 (59 Views)