Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1601 posts

Re: How many of you watch soccer?

Jun 6, 2010

I like watching it now I used to hate soccer tbh, but experiencing it and playing it is just awesome.

JOB: Electronic Arts QA Tester

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 41 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1259 posts

Jun 6, 2010

I also guess you Americans don't realise how outdated that is.

1.) Hooliganism is mostly stamped out and most that commit hooliganism aren't even actually football supporters. They are usually randomers that go to nearly any big event and start up.

2.) As far as English hooliganism is concerned, for the most part, it's gone because they have to sit down at every game in most of their top leagues or they are removed from the stadium. Not to mention, many places have banned alcohol during games, which has cut down on a lot of it. There are bans now for big outbreaks of violence such as closed door matches or bans from continental events. Not to mention you as an individual can be banned for life from a stadium for repeated fighting, provocation, etc.

3.) If you took time to learn something, you'd learn that when violence does occur, it's usually from an extreme rivalry (ex: Milan v Inter), in which the rivalry stems from usually a civil war, death (accidental or intentional), extreme political differences, or other things such as class in society .

The more you know.

WHAT?

Are you serious? or just being smug? Is it guilt that makes you explain the current position of British law and assume that I was talking about the English?  I know for a fact just recently there was a futbol riot and police officers trying to keep the peace just got ganged up on for no good reason at all....where it happened?? dunno...I dont care for it enough to get that deep into it...I know it has happened and it still happens, and that is one of the things about the fans of the sport I dont understand, as Im sure many others can relate....I dont care what their reason is...its still pointless. So to wrap this up...If you took the time to read my sentence clearly....I said nothing about your countrymen or what country the game is played in.....or where the stupid riots happened.   Peace....mate.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 41 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1003 posts

Jun 6, 2010

boogysplit wrote:

I also guess you Americans don't realise how outdated that is.

1.) Hooliganism is mostly stamped out and most that commit hooliganism aren't even actually football supporters. They are usually randomers that go to nearly any big event and start up.

2.) As far as English hooliganism is concerned, for the most part, it's gone because they have to sit down at every game in most of their top leagues or they are removed from the stadium. Not to mention, many places have banned alcohol during games, which has cut down on a lot of it. There are bans now for big outbreaks of violence such as closed door matches or bans from continental events. Not to mention you as an individual can be banned for life from a stadium for repeated fighting, provocation, etc.

3.) If you took time to learn something, you'd learn that when violence does occur, it's usually from an extreme rivalry (ex: Milan v Inter), in which the rivalry stems from usually a civil war, death (accidental or intentional), extreme political differences, or other things such as class in society .

The more you know.

WHAT?

Are you serious? or just being smug? Is it guilt that makes you explain the current position of British law and assume that I was talking about the English?  I know for a fact just recently there was a futbol riot and police officers trying to keep the peace just got ganged up on for no good reason at all....where it happened?? dunno...I dont care for it enough to get that deep into it...I know it has happened and it still happens, and that is one of the things about the fans of the sport I dont understand, as Im sure many others can relate....I dont care what their reason is...its still pointless. So to wrap this up...If you took the time to read my sentence clearly....I said nothing about your countrymen or what country the game is played in.....or where the stupid riots happened.   Peace....mate.

No, why would I be guilty? I'm not British. I'm European, however, as well as a lifetime football supporter. I didn't say violence didn't exist in football. I just said it's not as commonplace as it used to be. Learn to read, or do I need to translate what I said into Italian? Spanish, maybe? Russian? I can do French and German as well if you're having THAT hard of a time understanding.

Also find proof of what you're talking about as far as that event is concerned or just shut up, quite frankly. You could be making **bleep** up for all anyone knows.

And since I'm not a Brit or an Aussie, don't call me mate, fatty.

Lev - Officer of LoS

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 41 (4 Views)
Fender Bender
2842 posts

Jun 6, 2010

As a European soccer fan coming from England I can vouch for the statements abot hooliganism being  nowhere near as common as britflicks make it out to be. As someone finely put it, any of that now is created by non-supporters, teams with fanbases that have huge political or religious differences.

It does exist, it won't go away, but it's not a huge problem thanks to the police here making a good effort to clamp down on it.

Anywho, are you guys going on about the Global Space?

Yeah, I'll hand it to you you're gonna get a lot of Europeans wearing their nation's shirt and going round in what you might know as "firms" but please bear in mind they are mostly children that shouldn't be on our version of Home anyway (cos ours is PEGI 16-18 depending where you are). They do not represent the adult population of Home on a broad scale. There are many soccer fans who can't wait to share a global space with USA, Canada, Asia, Japan for good reasons (myself being one of those people). The USA international soccer team proved last year it's now a force to be reckoned with and seeing their fans would be cool

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: There is no new news to share at this time.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 41 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1259 posts

Jun 6, 2010

ahhh a racist are we? Here are some dates just of last years riots....ill add the countries too.

Finland-Russia 10-6-09...over a ref call.

Poland had one in 2009

Peru in 2008...because their team lost.

and thats pretty much all I care to look up...but there are a ton. But look them up if you wish...they are not made up.

but its cool.....us Americans make TV shows out of it on Spike, and get a good laugh....you should see half the "hate all American" comments on some of these, and America has nothing to do with any of these ridiculous riots. Much like the hateful comments you have made...some worse. I just looked up some of these....and "the more I learn" the funnier it gets.  Just because there are "new anti-riot laws" in place (that should have been common sense to begin with) doesnt mean ppl will respect those laws...it happens, and Im willing to bet my bottom dollar it will happen again....and like I said before...whatever the reason...its pointless.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 41 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Jun 6, 2010

If you don't like football (soccer to americans) then that is fine.

You are in a very small minority worldwide, so my advice is don't drop in on the new space, don't bother trying to comment on something you know next to nothing about.

I am English living in h US but know nothing about baseball or the sport you call football, but guess what I don't make retarded posts in threads about them. Many of your countrymen now have a passion for soccer and given the history how it captures the soul of it's followers you may find yourself in a minority in your own country in the years to come

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 41 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Jun 6, 2010

Hey EdwCarnby

By all means add me... I will be floating around the space at some point...I'm English living in US and I am really looking forward to the World Cup

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 41 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
835 posts

Jun 6, 2010

Meh I only watch the World Cup, only because it's the biggest sports event on the planet.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 41 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1003 posts

Jun 7, 2010

boogysplit wrote:

ahhh a racist are we? Here are some dates just of last years riots....ill add the countries too.

Finland-Russia 10-6-09...over a ref call.

Poland had one in 2009

Peru in 2008...because their team lost.

and thats pretty much all I care to look up...but there are a ton. But look them up if you wish...they are not made up.

but its cool.....us Americans make TV shows out of it on Spike, and get a good laugh....you should see half the "hate all American" comments on some of these, and America has nothing to do with any of these ridiculous riots. Much like the hateful comments you have made...some worse. I just looked up some of these....and "the more I learn" the funnier it gets.  Just because there are "new anti-riot laws" in place (that should have been common sense to begin with) doesnt mean ppl will respect those laws...it happens, and Im willing to bet my bottom dollar it will happen again....and like I said before...whatever the reason...its pointless.

In case you didn't notice, I called you fatty because you called me mate as you assumed as a football supporter who speaks English, I must be British. Has nothing to do with race. The places you mentioned haven't gone through a lot of the changes the rest of Europe has and Peru..LOL what a laugh. You're talking about a South American country that does **bleep** all in terms of world football. I don't really have to look stuff up like yourself. You know diddly squat about football culture and as others have pointed out, you're making a pretty outdated point. I find it funny that you didn't mention when the public justifiably rioted when an innocent supporter was shot by a police officer firing a warning shot over a couple of people fighting (who were not even really supporters).

As I said, you aren't in Europe or a major footballing country; therefore, you don't know the laws or the up to date version of the culture. You probably just watched a few old videos from the late 80s/early 90s and based your assumption on that. So, if you don't mind, vaffanculo finocchio.

Lev - Officer of LoS

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 41 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1033 posts

Jun 7, 2010

Don't know much about soccer but i'm excited about the stadium and the possibilities of it

photo bkbvsig0.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 41 (4 Views)
0 Likes