Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
9 posts

Re: How many active accounts are there in Home?

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
It really is Jo, and not the first time I've mentioned it either. Think about how it would devastate the people who try to sell ex.. You know where I'm going with that, so i wont.. And people who make multiple accounts to stalk and harass people. I would GLADLY pay a registration fee to run people like that away. 

This doesn't happen. You're delusional and it's beginning to scare me and our viewers who have tuned in tonight. Me thinks a tranquilzer would be in order for you mate.

A registration fee would only everyone, including sony. Sony loves numbers. Charging people a registration fee would only hurt those numbers. Sony reports its customer base by user accounts on their networks, not by the bodies behind those accounts. This would lead to a decline in customer base, leading to lose in profits, lose in funding, etc. Your precious home would inevitably starve and die.

buckallmighty, you are very short-sighted and angry about "trolls." I get that. But sometimes you need to step back and ask yourself...

"Am I just making myself out to be an arse?"

:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 42 (326 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1289 posts

Nov 3, 2013

"Would you like fries with that?"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Do you remember what today is , Jack?"
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 42 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2013
You sound like a professional skittles. Perhaps even a professional who is tired of reading complaints about home even. Maybe you should just take a vacation instead of making new accounts to troll the customers.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 42 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1571 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2013

asfghjklEU wrote:

My guess for active Home users is far more lower than that.

I use the Granzella event ranking numbers and they were 6000 for Ogre (paid item almost necessary) and 12500 for Kikai (can be done completely free) for NA. Just playing the tutorial should have given you 51 points and be ranked tie in last place. If the 100,000 was true, then that's only 13% that participated in the free event which is hard to believe in the limited small Home environment. What have the other 87% been doing? 

I was having fun, not grinding for rewards I'd never use. I never play at Edo and I've never gone to the Kikai space(s). I wasn't even slightly tempted.

Home will be gone some day, but we don't know when. I intend to enjoy it as long as I can. I hope you do, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 42 (298 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25484 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2013

I have two accounts. One is for gifting myself and the other is this one. I do not do anything with the gifting account because it has no other purpose. It may be months between uses.

I really have no need for multiple accounts as it would leave me feeling schizophrenic.

So, I only have one active account. Mr. Max.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 42 (280 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
684 posts

Nov 3, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
I'm sorry but I do not believe the Kikai numbers are a true enough indicator despite everyone using it as a measuring point. Even towards the end of Kikai, I had MANY users come up to me in world and ask where I got my beam sword and outfit pre player inspect days of course. They would be surprised when I told them of the event and were not always new users. Some of them had been around for years. I would believe that around half of Homes population knew about and participated in Kikai while some blisffully ignorant users had no clue it was happening. Not everyone is as in depth as us here. Not everyone reads YPSH or AZ4 or the Gazette and there are way more casual Home users that I think y'all are forgetting. You know those ones that cant find a LMO after buying it? Yeah theyre still Home users.
Truth be told the only numbers that would matter truly is how many are logged on at one time and that is always fluctuating, or how many have ever logged in which Sony has said is upwards of millions. That counts for the four seperate regions though and count if theyve signed in more than once. It does not indicate active users who frequent. Tempest_Fire replied the other day that they will not give specifics on numbers as the company is publically traded.
I think it has gotten less crowded lately IMHO but theres so much to say about why. More personal spaces to dwell in, more clubs, people on private servers, school back in for the fall, the looming ps4, gtaV, ff14, assassins creed black flag, etc.

Lots of people are scared of Homes fate and many gave up guessing.
Different times of day = different amount of users obviously and of course.
I usually am on in the night and felt it was getting quiet so it was refreshing to be on in the day and see so many users. Eu seems more packed than people have given credit for, NA is building steam slowly again, and PI and Challenges are helping while the new news viewer will make an improvement once here also.
Another thing Tempest said was that usership in NA is actually up in 2013 versus 2012, so at least thats...something. Sorry for the rant Im a little wine drunk post work ^_* cheers

The 12,500 from the Kikai event is a real number, everything else is just speculation but speculation can be fun. If we say that there are more casual users in Home than diehards (most likely true), and use a conservative percentage of participants, say 5%, then that would put us at around 250,000. That's assuming 95% of all users didn't try the Neon Downtown level at all. In my opinion, the actual number of active users is at best in the hundreds of thousands and not in the millions.

"I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream has gone from me." -Morpheus, The Matrix Reloaded

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 42 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2413 posts

Nov 3, 2013

My opinion is that there's just enough for developers to have a chance at making a profit but not getting rich.

10 to 1 SONY won't give figures unless it makes them look good. Silence is golden but our eyes can see, at least what we think we see.

Who knows how many active accounts there are. Maybe SONY isn't even paying attention which is sad if true. :smileysad:

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 42 (244 Views)
Sackboy
185 posts

Nov 3, 2013

That's an interesting point, Kid.  I wish some of the developers would weigh in on this topic (incognito, of course).  I would love to know if ANYONE has managed to sell 100,000 units of anything in Home NA - ever (other than Midway tickets, of course, LOL).  My own speculation (pure guesswork) is that the prices have been going up because developers who want to stay in business discovered that they could not count of a huge volume of sales to push them into the black.  And that they needed to find a smaller market segment who would buy at higher prices.  10,000 units at 99 cents versus 5.000 units of same thing at 2.49.  Price point must be a really hot topic in those developer backrooms these days IMHO.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 42 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
7132 posts

Nov 3, 2013

I would think the guy with the "Targa Corvette" would have a pretty good idea. Why not ask him?

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 42 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
185 posts

Nov 3, 2013

probably for the same reasons you don't run to all of your relatives for everything, Myalana;  I would get a faster answer (and one easier to understand  (LOL) if I asked the family cat!   Plus, I would much rather have fun in the Forum talking to my friends. 

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 42 (179 Views)