Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Re: How many active accounts are there in Home?

Nov 2, 2013

hi darth :smileyhappy: 

we just had a thread on homes dwindling users yesterday. it seems to me per ratio of lounges. there were more people per lounge in 2010. before ea closed. 

anyways to me the numbers seem down. but stats wont reflect it yet. because summer just ended and kiddies are back in school.

i believe if they set up holdem lounge with tournament style poker and 6 week tournaments with a leader board again with trophies. home will grow rapidly over a few months.

i posted other ideas also.

the new home challenge is a step in the right direction. kudos to management. Aubad

Message 11 of 42 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1821 posts

Nov 2, 2013

DarthGranny wrote:

I am curious.  I hear numbers in the millions.  And maybe there ARE millions of PlayStation 3 owners.  And maybe many of them have opened a Home account at some time.  And maybe some of you rascals have opened MORE than one account.  But how many are really active in Home?  By active, I mean someone who comes into Home at least one hour a week on average. Versus what percentage opened an account, visited once or twice, and never returned?

Here's why I ask:  there are approximately 89 public spaces in Home.  I did a tour around the entire system and found that the majority had only a handful of people in there.  A few, like Acorn Meadows, had more than one server going because of demand.  We all know that the max capacity in a server is 64.  Of course, there are more users in Home who are not in a public space - they are in club rooms, personal spaces, etc.   I won't bore you with the long explanation of how I crunched the numbers, but it looks to me as if there are less than 5000 active users in Home at this moment in time, this Saturday morning.  Now, of course, people come and go and the numbers change, but, I am guessing that overall,  there's probably less than 100,000 ACTIVE Home members in Home NA.

For me, this is idle curiousity but to a developer trying to do a business plan and project sales of a new item, my guess is they would probably be looking at a lot less than selling a million of anything.  Probably even a lot less than 100,000.   Like I said, this is all guesswork, but I am curious to know what your guess would be.

Remember the old saying "dont look a gift horse in the mouth"?   Home is a gift from the gods lets not question too much or the magic could vanish.  Be glad its around its more fun than selling clothes.  Sometimes no sense makes sense.

Message 12 of 42 (341 Views)
Splicer
34 posts

Nov 2, 2013
A High number of persons use home.

Don't trust in the numbers of the events... There are many active persons in home with different tastes which they spend money and never played/play to Ogre... They buy another things...; for example my friends list and me.

Gut'N
Message 13 of 42 (337 Views)
Uncharted Territory
884 posts

Nov 3, 2013
Message 14 of 42 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
828 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2013

Leiermam wrote:
A High number of persons use home.

Don't trust in the numbers of the events... There are many active persons in home with different tastes which they spend money and never played/play to Ogre... They buy another things...; for example my friends list and me.

Gut'N

Pay to play may have been true for the Ogre event but Kikai could be played for free. It was also arguably the greatest event so far in Home and was highly publicized on the forums and other Home related sites. Even if most people were not interested and say only 20% of all users participated in the event, it would only give us a population in the 60,000s.

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

signature

Message 15 of 42 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7011 posts

Nov 3, 2013
1 million more than there would be if sony would charge an account registration fee.
Message 16 of 42 (271 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 3, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
1 million more than there would be if sony would charge an account registration fee.

What are you implying???

Message 17 of 42 (257 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29238 posts

Nov 3, 2013

Skittles-_-IcedT wrote:

buckallmighty wrote:

What are you implying???

Not a bad idea actually. Charge a fee for creating a PSN account. I bet that would deter some from making alternate accounts. 

Message 18 of 42 (255 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9461 posts

Nov 3, 2013
I'm sorry but I do not believe the Kikai numbers are a true enough indicator despite everyone using it as a measuring point. Even towards the end of Kikai, I had MANY users come up to me in world and ask where I got my beam sword and outfit pre player inspect days of course. They would be surprised when I told them of the event and were not always new users. Some of them had been around for years. I would believe that around half of Homes population knew about and participated in Kikai while some blisffully ignorant users had no clue it was happening. Not everyone is as in depth as us here. Not everyone reads YPSH or AZ4 or the Gazette and there are way more casual Home users that I think y'all are forgetting. You know those ones that cant find a LMO after buying it? Yeah theyre still Home users.
Truth be told the only numbers that would matter truly is how many are logged on at one time and that is always fluctuating, or how many have ever logged in which Sony has said is upwards of millions. That counts for the four seperate regions though and count if theyve signed in more than once. It does not indicate active users who frequent. Tempest_Fire replied the other day that they will not give specifics on numbers as the company is publically traded.
I think it has gotten less crowded lately IMHO but theres so much to say about why. More personal spaces to dwell in, more clubs, people on private servers, school back in for the fall, the looming ps4, gtaV, ff14, assassins creed black flag, etc.

Lots of people are scared of Homes fate and many gave up guessing.
Different times of day = different amount of users obviously and of course.
I usually am on in the night and felt it was getting quiet so it was refreshing to be on in the day and see so many users. Eu seems more packed than people have given credit for, NA is building steam slowly again, and PI and Challenges are helping while the new news viewer will make an improvement once here also.
Another thing Tempest said was that usership in NA is actually up in 2013 versus 2012, so at least thats...something. Sorry for the rant Im a little wine drunk post work ^_* cheers
Support Forums
Message 19 of 42 (237 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7011 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2013
It really is Jo, and not the first time I've mentioned it either. Think about how it would devastate the people who try to sell ex.. You know where I'm going with that, so i wont.. And people who make multiple accounts to stalk and harass people. I would GLADLY pay a registration fee to run people like that away. But.. Im getting off topic again so.. Your a mvp.. Just toss it around a little at the next meeting or something.
Message 20 of 42 (227 Views)
0 Likes