Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 31 2007
By: bendc Hekseville Citizen 339 posts

How long until MS anounces thier own "HOME" program?

5 replies 1 views Edited May 31, 2007
Wanted to do a poll but I don't know how on this forum?????  Anywho, Im sure Sony tried to keep Home under the radar for as long as they could and I'm sure that they will beat MS to market with such a program.  Im also sure that if the PS3 is successfully, Home will be as successful.  I also believe at some point MS will have to do their own version of it.  So I wonder how long before we hear something from MS copying Sonys Home.  My guess is we will hear something by the end of the year, and they will start it in 2008.   Once there are 5 or 6 really good online games  plus Home going all for free online, people with 360 will start to revolt from having to pay to play online.

PS.....  I know that Home isn't really an original idea by sony.
Message 1 of 6 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5666 posts

Re: How long until MS anounces thier own "HOME" program?

May 31, 2007
MS is currently looking through all of it's back dated patents to halt Home and even make money from it. They are already going after Linux, and that is free....
Message 2 of 6 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
483 posts

May 31, 2007
They'll probably buy Linden Lab and redevelop Second Life to work on the 360. THAT'S how business works my friend.

If you were smart enough to read this sentence forward, put it in your sig.
Message 3 of 6 (1 View)
0 Likes
Survivor
2639 posts

May 31, 2007

Bendc wrote:
Wanted to do a poll but I don't know how on this forum?????  Anywho, Im sure Sony tried to keep Home under the radar for as long as they could and I'm sure that they will beat MS to market with such a program.  Im also sure that if the PS3 is successfully, Home will be as successful.  I also believe at some point MS will have to do their own version of it.  So I wonder how long before we hear something from MS copying Sonys Home.  My guess is we will hear something by the end of the year, and they will start it in 2008.   Once there are 5 or 6 really good online games  plus Home going all for free online, people with 360 will start to revolt from having to pay to play online.

PS.....  I know that Home isn't really an original idea by sony.

If it proves successfull, I'll suspect all of the major companies will atempt it in the future or on the next set of next gen hardware.
Message 4 of 6 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6540 posts

May 31, 2007
i don't see MS doing this until their next system and even then i'm not sure that they would.
LittleBigPlanet��� Information Thread

Message 5 of 6 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
423 posts

May 31, 2007
I don't think MS will move over to this online gaming. Sony is taking a huge risk by creating Home, MS is already rolling in the money from the 360, It would be all together to move over to something totally different when they are already doing so well. They possibly could lose tons of money by moving over.
PSN: RippyTheGator
Message 6 of 6 (1 View)
0 Likes