Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 20 2013
By: TSFRJ PlayStation MVP 4945 posts

How i wish HOME & MMO/adventure/rpg connections were.

[ Edited ]
16 replies 268 views Edited Aug 20, 2013

There should be a adventure's guild public space and a INN room personal space (INN room requires FFXIV subscrip to access)

When in the HOME adventures guild and you retire to the INN you given option of personal space or game launching into FFXIV

When in the personal space Inn room and you goto leave through door you get option to go to HOME public space adventure guild or game launch into FFXIV

Then on SquareEnix's side to have a option in the adventure's guilds and in the INN rooms to launch into HOME. The option inthe INN room would override any home auto spawns and navigator selections and auto spawn you into the INN room personal space.

In the future for all games id rather see HOME and game devs create lobbies/towns that are HOME were in games like FFXIV the adventures guild isn't in FFXIV but in HOME. were all adventure/rpg games came with a ingame location in a town with a door that directly connects to adventure/rpg district.

But  HOME would also have clothing sets assigned to games to where upon exiting HOME district you walk out door and into game and game world based on  the clothing you wore. Example using FFXIV while in HOME you slip on a FFXIV costume you walk out door you launch automaticlly into FFXIV or if you are wearing a Assassian's Creed costume you launch into boston outside a pub door. Basicly the HOME District would have a auto launch door that would auto launch you based on combinationof costume and which games you had in disc drive or on HDD 

This part of feature may require a PS4 to be possible not sure is PS3 could even do it? But have Games already loaded in background and running as to make transistion smoother and when playing games have ability to start HOME running in background so when your in a game and come upon a HOME access door in game the transistion be smoother. 

I know im only dreaming hear though as to fully make possible for this to work the way i wished it require developers toworkwith sony and build a HOME connection door into thier games and it require the PS3 (i wish the PS4) to load HOME and games and have them open and running in background before we even got our home or game avatar/charaters up to the doors to walk through them.

If it didn't load and launch home and games in background ahead of time it just be same as it is now where you quit then load the other.  Im wishing for ability to walk into games and home same as we walk though a door. My guess why this is only a dream as it  also require developers to place a option in in games settings asking you do want HOME to load and open in background when ever you are near a location in game where a HOME access door is avalible. And a HOME setting in settings menu that allows you turn on/off automatic background loading and running of a game based on your warbdrobe selection.

Again example would belike with AC3 where if i put a AC costume in HOME it load AC3 and have all my data ready so when i walk avatar through door there is no quitting game loading bars you just walkout door and in eye blink your in game and playing kind of a hit the ground running type game load. And that be where HOME would shine better as i'd rather be sitting in HOME public space or personal space chatting with friends rather then looking at loading screens and menus. Basiclly a your HOME waredrobe costumes would replace disc and xmb icons for game access. :smileyhappy:

example HOME to skyrim and back wish it worked this fast:

images.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (268 Views)
Welcoming Committee
641 posts

Re: How i wish HOME & MMO/adventure/rpg connections were.

Aug 20, 2013

...Kudos to whoever reads that

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1389 posts

Aug 20, 2013
I read it...can I have a kudo?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 17 (235 Views)
Welcoming Committee
641 posts

Aug 20, 2013

TDBWID wrote:

No.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 17 (230 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4945 posts

Aug 20, 2013

TDBWID wrote:

yes :smileyhappy:

images.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 17 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Aug 20, 2013
I beat Persona 3:
FES recently. Can I have a kudo as well? :smileyvery-happy:

Well...the main part of the game, The Journey. I still have to complete The Answer :smileysad:
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 17 (195 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4945 posts

Aug 20, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:
I beat Persona 3:
FES recently. Can I have a kudo as well? :smileyvery-happy:

Well...the main part of the game, The Journey. I still have to complete The Answer :smileysad:

no kudos only given to post releated to Original Post and the topic OP states :smileyhappy:

images.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 17 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Aug 20, 2013
But...Persona's an RPG :smileysad:

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (171 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4945 posts

Aug 20, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:
But...Persona's an RPG :smileysad:

fine :smileyfrustrated:

How does this concept affect you would being able to walk between persona and HOME be great for you? would you use the feature would having a HOME access door in persona encourage you to use HOME more? if youcould just go from persona straight into home with out quitting and loading both programs individulay

images.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 17 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 20, 2013
I gotta be honest, I'm a little lost as to what you're asking. But if the Persona series and Home had any influences on one or the other then, yes I would gladly use both to their maximum benefit.

I could see one having an influence on the other. For example, take the concept of "social links" from Persona and apply them to Home. You could create social links with other users and use them to further enhance your game. It sounds kind of silly but if they were to make it work then, I'd be up for it.

I mean hell, Altus managed to turn an RPG into a successful fighting game and carry most if not all of the same elements the original games have. I don't think we'll ever see any sort of game integration like that but it would be incredible if there was.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 17 (135 Views)