Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 05 2012
By: myalana Ghost of Sparta 7532 posts

How Would You Have Made the Halloween Event Better?

29 replies 379 views Edited Nov 5, 2012

Rather self-explanatory I think. Given all the complaints, just what would you have done to improve upon the Halloween event? I reserve the right to tell you are wrong for no particular reason. Please discuss.

Message 1 of 30 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Re: How Would You Have Made the Halloween Event Better?

Nov 5, 2012

First off, I would have went to the community for the suggestions if I was the developer.

I would have took each suggestion into consideration, and maybe tied the event with a little of each.

Secondly, there would have been Halloween music.

Third, I would have made sure getting rewards wasn't such an effort or trouble. (Nobody likes to change their timezones, just to get an ingredient to appear.)

Message 2 of 30 (369 Views)
Survivor
1923 posts

Nov 6, 2012

I think all events should end with a bang. That is make all ingredience available on the last few days. You eliminate alot of frustration problems that way. And everyone leaves the Home event feeling happy about Home.

:smileyhappy:

All events should end like that.

Besides that, I think the event went pretty well. First of all, the Home staff went and paid for development of an EVENT!!! That should always be applauded. IMHO. And I'm very happy they did that. Events to me make Home MUCH better. Not just content. But events. Content is mostly a solitary enjoyment thing. Relatively. You enjoy showing stuff off and seeing what your friends got, but good events are better at promoting users to make friends. And it's that ability, the enjoying of meeting and talking to people that I think is Home's greatest strength. But it's often less promoted compared to new sales content.

I think the one thing that would make this kind of event better is something that has a timetable for appearing. But not like the Hemlock. The hemlock is something that keeps you busy as you are gathering and mixing. I'm talking about something that shows up at certain times, and we have to wait together for it. That brings us together. And is a natural way to promote new friendships. People will talk and chat while they wait and have fun eagerly waiting for something. And it's that interaction that helps make events really fun.

:smileyhappy:

Message 3 of 30 (348 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3661 posts

Nov 6, 2012
Would've used an actual Halloween theme.
Message 4 of 30 (329 Views)
Fender Bender
3323 posts

Nov 6, 2012

I would have checked on what the users of home wanted and I would've went with a halloween ghost/paranormal  theme, I would have like that better

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 5 of 30 (321 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29198 posts

Nov 6, 2012

Would certainly not have had the Midway Event promotional item right in the middle of the event space. Really tacky. 

Message 6 of 30 (313 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Nov 6, 2012

1. Fire the developer 

2. Remove the Midway Cash Carnival

3.  Halloween music in the background.   Monster Mash hit

4.  Witches  of Salem, would've been on display

Develop a game called, follow the witch. Rewards include,  witches costumes and candy.  

My event would've been held at Ward of Despair.   

No dance game, no limbo game

Message 7 of 30 (312 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1403 posts

Nov 6, 2012

That's easy, just bring over JP home square and granzella glittering beach events here in NA then our developer can go home enjoy the holiday and enjoy these events too (at home)

Message 8 of 30 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Nov 6, 2012

i just saw what JP got for a halloween lobby...WTH?!

Y DIDN'T WE GET SOMETHING LIK THAT?! :smileymad:

Opinions here do not express those of SONY &/or its' affiliates
Message 9 of 30 (281 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 6, 2012

I would not make the item for rewards timed. I could never find pumpkin and hemlock together. Halloween event is suppose to be fun not 5am alarm clock raid to get mah reward

Message 10 of 30 (273 Views)