Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
1443 posts

Re: How Often Do You Delete and Re-Install Home:

Dec 26, 2013

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

I delete and reinstall only when I need to, which is like every month. :smileysad:

What criteria do you use to determine that you "need to"? :smileyindifferent:

Posted Image
Message 51 of 72 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Dec 26, 2013

I renistalled after the most recent update because I noticed some issues with the loading screens. Turned out to be the first time I'd reinstalled since last December.

The old reason for reinstalling Home was that it cleared the cache. That can be done directly from the Options menu now, so there's no reason for regular delete/reinstall cycles. It does seem to speed things up a bit, though, and it cleared up an issue I was having with a game in a personal space.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 52 of 72 (153 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4501 posts

Dec 26, 2013

Digitman3 wrote:

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

I delete and reinstall only when I need to, which is like every month. :smileysad:

What criteria do you use to determine that you "need to"? :smileyindifferent:

When Home starts messing up, getting constant errors, freezing.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 53 of 72 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3336 posts

Dec 26, 2013

I appreciate everyone's input on the matter.

I hope everyone had a Great Christmas.:womanhappy:

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=
Message 54 of 72 (141 Views)
Fender Bender
4209 posts

Dec 26, 2013
I hate redownloading EVERY SINGLE SPACE... so i never do, not since everything went to sonys servers, deleting home doesn't do what ir used to..
Message 55 of 72 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3336 posts

Dec 26, 2013

msx293 wrote:

i have never intentionally deleted & reinstalled Home, the last time i installed it was i think almost 2 years ago. i never have any of the problems most people have that require a reinstall. i honestly don't see the point of deleting it for a little cache space out of the 12 gigs i have reserved. all spaces load & connect fast, i never freeze in there, so i don't see the point of doing it. it seems like a waste of time if everything is working. the only problem i've had with Home the past year or 2 is the loot EOD screens but they've had problems since they came out. maybe someone can enlighten me as to why i should when i've had no problems at all but i don't see any sense or point in doing it just to do it.

Surely no one is suggesting that you should.

Like I said earlier it comes down to ones personal preference.

I was just simply curious to other folks thoughts on this matter.:womanhappy:  

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=
Message 56 of 72 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3336 posts

Dec 26, 2013

mrdiamond666 wrote:
I hate redownloading EVERY SINGLE SPACE... so i never do, not since everything went to sonys servers, deleting home doesn't do what ir used to..

Downloading is probably the most hated process of the internet.:womanlol:

Message 57 of 72 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2226 posts

Dec 26, 2013

I havent had to do that in over 2 years...but now watch i will have to as i just jinxed myself lol

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 58 of 72 (122 Views)
Wastelander
624 posts

Dec 27, 2013

Oh its not a $150 pain but i appreciate you trying to help :smileyhappy:

Message 59 of 72 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Dec 27, 2013

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

msx293 wrote:

i have never intentionally deleted & reinstalled Home, the last time i installed it was i think almost 2 years ago. i never have any of the problems most people have that require a reinstall. i honestly don't see the point of deleting it for a little cache space out of the 12 gigs i have reserved. all spaces load & connect fast, i never freeze in there, so i don't see the point of doing it. it seems like a waste of time if everything is working. the only problem i've had with Home the past year or 2 is the loot EOD screens but they've had problems since they came out. maybe someone can enlighten me as to why i should when i've had no problems at all but i don't see any sense or point in doing it just to do it.

Surely no one is suggesting that you should.

Like I said earlier it comes down to ones personal preference.

I was just simply curious to other folks thoughts on this matter.:womanhappy:  

don't get me wrong i don't see a problem in it but i just don't know the benefits of regular cache clearing in something like Home as opposed to say a web browsers cache or why someone would do it without first having problems that it may fix. i'm just curious as to the benefits of it more than anything. to me starting a sort of routine has to have benefits, something like opening my PS3 & taking water & a Q-tip to clean the blu-ray lens has tremendous benefits ( <--- pro tip if your PS3 is out of warranty & not playing discs try plain water & a Q-tip with extremely light pressure on the lens just enough to see the assembly move, alcohol will instantly destroy the plastic lens & lens cleaners do more harm than good on the extremely delicate blu-ray lens ) but you get my point.

if it has benefits i see a good self-maintenance routine, if not i don't understand the cause behind going through all that. so if you know of any real benefits i'd like to know more about it.

Message 60 of 72 (75 Views)
0 Likes