Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

Re: How Often Do You Delete and Re-Install Home:

Dec 26, 2013

I really have no clue why so many people delete and reinstall Home so often. One of my friends even does it almost every day "to have a clean install". LOL!

So far I have only done it three times since '08, plus once when I bought a SSD for my PS3. In all three cases somebody told me that I can solve my problem at the time by reinstalling Home. The problems were not solved in all cases. It was always something completely different (privacy setting, I bought the club house instead of the personal space, parental control settings).

The mentioned error codes cannot be solved by a reinstall. Many of the codes are related to network problems, a stuck server or by glitchers that make certain spaces unusable.

Clearing the cache might help from time to time if you are missing an item or you have problems with an apartment... but even this can usually be solved by simply quitting and reopening Home if you have been in a space where glitchers go bezerk and mess up the system.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 72 (190 Views)
Fender Bender
2962 posts

Dec 26, 2013

I've only deleted and re-installed Home once or twice in the past year. I usually don't have that many problems with it.

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 72 (188 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4987 posts

Dec 26, 2013

at least once a month

images.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 72 (187 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3213 posts

Dec 26, 2013

I guess what I was trying to determine was how much of a factor the delete and re-install played and if there was any  kind of  correlation to correcting some of the problems I see folks post about.

I myself have had only one issue with a t-shirt I purchased and that resolved itself. The t-shirt popped up a month later. 

Other than the typical network errors it's been smooth sailing.

I'm gathering here that most the folks posting here similarly are having little or no major issues regardless of whether Home is deleted and re-installed.

It basically seems to come down to ones personal preference.:womanhappy:

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 72 (174 Views)
Fender Bender
2483 posts

Dec 26, 2013

Ummm...never really.  At least not in the last several months.

I don't seem to have any more problems like relatively slow loading times or occasional disconnections than anyone else, from what I read on here.

castle3
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 72 (166 Views)
Survivor
1604 posts

Dec 26, 2013

Only once ever and it didn't fix the problem or make anything faster. I have problems with Home (or it's network) like everyone, but they come and go, regardless of my not deleting and re-installing. I'm fairly sure it does nothing. I clear my cache about once a month, though.

There was a recent post where someone (who seemed to know what they were talking about) explained what was left on our systems after the upload of all our information to the Sony servers -- and they said that deleting and re-installing on our systems would make no difference in our experience with Home.

I'm also with the person who said that the hackers cause most of the problems (when it's not Sony itself) so not much we do makes a difference. Leaving Home and coming back or leaving a space and going to a different instance of it seems to have more effect than anything else I've done.

This is just my opinion, if anyone feels they have good results with other activities, good for them.

We know now that Home will be gone by next April. I intend to enjoy it as long as it's around. I hope you do, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 72 (159 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3213 posts

Dec 26, 2013

That's pretty much what I was trying to determine. Why some folks just seem to have major problems and some don't.

Reading all the post leaves me to conclude that deleting and re-installing is not much of a factor.

I guess in a sense it's like the placebo effect.:womanhappy:

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 72 (153 Views)
Survivor
1838 posts

Dec 26, 2013

The only times I was under the impression it done anything was when I "region hop" and visit the "same" private place or enter games that have a "profile" (i.e. Novus-Prime, Aurora) without clearing cache afterward.

Could be only an impression...

Other than that, yep mostly placebo. Just to be sure "it's not that".

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 72 (144 Views)
Wastelander
624 posts

Dec 26, 2013

In 5 years i've never done it and besides the occasional lag and freezes every once in a great while Home works fine for me. Wardrobe can be a pain on occasion but mines loaded and i think everyone has that issue at times. Yep i've been lucky! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 72 (143 Views)
Survivor
1685 posts

Dec 26, 2013

I think Isp providers are deliberately slowing things down on purpose so they can get more money somehow.

I had a nightmare a couple weeks ago.  I woke up and my phone and internet were both dead.  I only have a landline and have never had a cell phone.  For about 24 hours I hoped it would come back on thinking it was some kind of outage.  After about a day I thought I will have to do something.  I thought I better go to a pay phone and call ATT.  Unfortunately this is when I started to feel like Rip Van Winkle.  I couldnt find one anywhere.   Fortunately I live across the street from the state capitol and thought yeah I will use one of their old pay phones they had in the old wooden stalls.  So as I am going through the search area I said to the guy "I forgot what floor are the pay phones on?"  he laughed and said they are no longer there.   This seemed to delight everyone there and about 6 people in suits and other people started laughing at me when I asked where there was a pay phone.   They no longer exist.  Which I think is wrong. I also think it was done on purpose so everyone has to have a cell phone which I refuse to get.   BTW I am not making this up it was a truly horrible experience.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 72 (128 Views)
0 Likes