Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
3165 posts

Re: How Often Do You Delete and Re-Install Home:

Dec 26, 2013

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

I used to do it regularly around 2 years ago. Especially when I started region hopping.

Last year was more or less eventless so I dont remember deleting home for a looong time.

Last couple weks... well.... 2 or 3 times.

I often do a file restore between the delete and re-install. Make sure I start in the better conditions possible. Using the PS3 browser seems to mess up the HDD even more than home was when the disconnections/freeze was frequent.

Yes I've just added the file restore to my routine. I only store game files and pictures that I currently use on my PS3 so there is very little data that can be corrupted.

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 72 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3165 posts

Dec 26, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

In the last three weeks, maybe four or five times.....:smileymad: Other than that, maybe every other month. I usually clear cache first to see if that helps before doing a reinstall.

That routine seem to work out best for you?

Not always....LOL. Sometimes it's just Home itself and nothing works. Ever since the recent outage, Home doesn't seem to be running as smooth as it did prior, at least for me anyway.

I purchased three new spaces that I never got to decorate for Christmas...:smileysad: Sitting there and watching three dots loading isn't my idea of a good time.

Try this next time it happens. Go to your options. You can use any option that has a box you can check and un-check. 

I use the controller invert box. Just check it then un-check it. It seems to give the loading process a little kick start.

When something seems to take a little longer to load I do this and it seems to work.:womanhappy:

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 72 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2008 posts

Dec 26, 2013

About every 6 mos. usually - Had to last night as it keeps freezing when trying to use Lockwood Gift Machine and a couple specific spaces. Still having issues after deleting/re-installing...anyone else?? Or any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 72 (156 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1159 posts

Dec 26, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 72 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3165 posts

Dec 26, 2013

OPTIMYSPRYME wrote:

About every 6 mos. usually - Had to last night as it keeps freezing when trying to use Lockwood Gift Machine and a couple specific spaces. Still having issues after deleting/re-installing...anyone else?? Or any suggestions?

Which Gift Machine did you use? The one in Lockwood space or the free portable one we get.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 72 (149 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29117 posts

Dec 26, 2013

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Not very often. Home seems to work fine for me most of the time. 

Fortune seems to shine on you Joanna and many others with very few Home issues.:womanhappy:

I don't do that much in Home anymore other than chat with friends. I don't buy that much new content and I don't get into the mini-games and what not. I suppose I miss a lot of the problems that way. 

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 72 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3165 posts

Dec 26, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Not very often. Home seems to work fine for me most of the time. 

Fortune seems to shine on you Joanna and many others with very few Home issues.:womanhappy:

I don't do that much in Home anymore other than chat with friends. I don't buy that much new content and I don't get into the mini-games and what not. I suppose I miss a lot of the problems that way. 

That is definitely one good solution.:womanhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 72 (142 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4066 posts

Dec 26, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 72 (140 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5985 posts

Dec 26, 2013

Once every month.

KANE-FIRE

Twitter  Welcoming Committee [INFO] Dust: An Elysian Tail[INFO] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD  [INFO] WWE2K15 [INFO] Resident Evil Revelations 2 [INFO] Resident Evil HD Youtube

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 72 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2283 posts

Dec 26, 2013

On my new PS3 once a month

On my old PS3 never.

I tried to sing "Like A Best Friend." - http://vocaroo.com/i/s0xQbPKA7aM5
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 72 (131 Views)