Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 31 2010
By: x-cult Wastelander 797 posts

How NOT to look like a fool @Home- A Guide For GIRLS.

15 replies 2 views Edited Dec 31, 2009

Due to the topic of How NOT to look like a fool @Home- A Guide For Guys. I decided it might be fun to make one for girls too! =)

Ok gals I know a lot of you are new to home. Heck, some of you might not be new at all. You could have been here since closed beta for all I know. None the less, I'm going to teach you how to not look foolish for your gender. I'll start off with five like DJ_DTM did, and same thing goes, add if you like.

1. Not every guy is a pervert. I'm not included in this,but there are plenty of guys who are not. Not every person who comes to home comes with the same expectations. Some expect it to be a 3D chatroom, others have no idea what to expect. Some do come trolling for booty. However there are plenty who do not. Treating every guy like he's trying to mate with you makes you seem nasty & egotistical.

2. Guys play as girls. I'm one of them. It's as easy as 3 seconds to 5 minutes to make that swap, depending on how slow home is. Having a "I don't put guys on my friends list" policy will never work. Stop treating men like they are cancer.

3. Sometimes a troll is just a troll. One of the psychological traits of human beings, especially the male gender with our constant fluxes of testosterone is the need to have control. If a guy in a blue shirt walks up and says "Hello sexy" and you blow him off, there's a chance he's going to stick around to irritate you. You see, you injured his pride, and took away his control of a situation. In order to reobtain his pride, chances are he's going to try to dominate you. Young men are very much controlled by their hormones, and a lot of them haven't matured enough to develop the skills to use restraint when their egos get wounded.  An easy way to avoid this is to be polite but firm. If you have a keyboard, use the triangle button (So you can get this sentence out really quickly over and over) and put the following sentence in: "I apologize, but I'm currently not up for a conversation." When I'm dressed as female, this has saved me from a lot of irritation.

4. Don't be afraid to ignore. Sure, muting someone makes the text go away, but what about that guy who keeps crouching next to you, making it appear he's doing naughty stuff? I cannot express this enough: LEARN TO IGNORE. Seriously, imagine the annoying person as a game glitch. An unfortunate visual problem. I promise you, if a guy is trying to bother you or irritate you and you don't even ACKNOWLEDGE that he's there.... he's going to get bored very quickly.

5. Learn to be assertive. Give a guy a chance to speak, some of them honestly just want to make friends. If he starts turning the conversation to things such as ages, locations, relationship status, all you have to say is "I apologize, but I don't know you well enough to talk to you about my personal life." 

Give these tips a shot, you'd be surprised what a bit of politeness and patience can accomplish.

Message Edited by x-cult on 12-31-2009 10:57 AM
Message Edited by shungokusatsu on 12-31-2009 02:10 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 16 (2 Views)
Fender Bender
3853 posts

Re: How NOT to look like a fool @Home- A Guide For GIRLS.

Dec 31, 2009
Let's not. 
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Dec 31, 2009

yawn...

Do they really have no other pick up lines than Hi sexy?

Blaming their own control problems on us is sure a good way to make a male domination world.

Message Edited by JunKB4U on 12-31-2009 02:07 PM
アメリカのホームは本当にガッカリですね。まぁ、それも仕方ありませんね、無能の連中がたくさんいますから。

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (2 Views)
Wastelander
835 posts

Dec 31, 2009
It was a fun to read guide for some reason. I'm curious as to why you change genders in Home, I've seen a lot of people doing it so I'm just wondering.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
797 posts

Dec 31, 2009

JunKB4U wrote:

yawn...

Do they really have no other pick up lines than Hi sexy?

Blaming their own control problems on us is sure a good way to make a male domination world.

Message Edited by JunKB4U on 12-31-2009 02:07 PM

No one did or stated any such thing, and since you started off with just "yawn..." and then edited it seven minutes later adding the rest to express a point seems incredibly unconstructive.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1501 posts

Dec 31, 2009

X-cult nice job, but the saddest part is its all common snese which is all too uncommon in HOME.

Message Edited by Shadyknot on 12-31-2009 02:04 PM
Message Edited by Avara on 12-31-2009 02:32 PM
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
797 posts

Dec 31, 2009

Shadyknot wrote:

X-cult nice job, but the saddest part is its all common snese which is all too uncommon in HOME.

Message Edited by Shadyknot on
12-31-2009 02:04 PM

Thanks.

Message Edited by Avara on 12-31-2009 02:33 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
797 posts

Dec 31, 2009

MidnightxMenace wrote:
It was a fun to read guide for some reason. I'm curious as to why you change genders in Home, I've seen a lot of people doing it so I'm just wondering.

I wrote up something in another post, I'm way too lazy to track it down. Cliff notes version, I really have no desire to portray my real life self in a digital world. The concept strikes me as redundant. Why would I want to re-become what I already am? To me an avatar is an oppertunity to be artistic and creative. And limiting myself because of my gender seems very constrictive when there's so many ways to be creative.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3853 posts

Dec 31, 2009

Um. We don't need to see the same exact thread for every gender. How about a thread for how to not look like a fool? It doesn't need to be for males or females, though males seem to have a bit more of a problem there. Every time someone starts a thread and says for _____ all that does is cause someone to create another thread for ____. It's essentially spam. 

We don't need a guide for this, and there are already plenty which are basically the exact same thing. 

Message Edited by ADAMPwns on 12-31-2009 11:14 AM
Message Edited by Avara on 12-31-2009 02:40 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (2 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1501 posts

Dec 31, 2009

x-cult wrote:

MidnightxMenace wrote:

I wrote up something in another post, I'm way too lazy to track it down. Cliff notes version, I really have no desire to portray my real life self in a digital world. The concept strikes me as redundant. Why would I want to re-become what I already am? To me an avatar is an oppertunity to be artistic and creative. And limiting myself because of my gender seems very constrictive when there's so many ways to be creative.

To further that point, i do it to keep the cretens off my lady friends and i also get a kick out of making pervs look like FOOLZ !! I have the right personality and demeanor for this, knot something everyone can or will do.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (2 Views)
0 Likes