942 posts

Re: Hotzone & Midway Update?????

Jul 13, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

The_Dukenator wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

BurbeRy_TouCh420 wrote:

xUNKNOWNFATEx wrote:

Just wondering if they plan on putting the game in the hotzone that says coming soon. My other question is if they plan on updating the midway. I know it's coming to the end of home but I assumed at least the hotzone game would have been introduced. Been waiting a long time for it to show up.

I believe the Midway's were made by Mass Media. Unfortunately, that developer has left Home and I don't anticipate any updates for those spaces.

They've left Home huh? This is news to me, lol.

Even Diesel left Home.

Diesel's contract was up actually.

They didn't want to renew?  I know Hudson doesn't exist.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 19 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jul 13, 2013

The_Dukenator wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

The_Dukenator wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

BurbeRy_TouCh420 wrote:

xUNKNOWNFATEx wrote:

Just wondering if they plan on putting the game in the hotzone that says coming soon. My other question is if they plan on updating the midway. I know it's coming to the end of home but I assumed at least the hotzone game would have been introduced. Been waiting a long time for it to show up.

I believe the Midway's were made by Mass Media. Unfortunately, that developer has left Home and I don't anticipate any updates for those spaces.

Even Diesel left Home.

They didn't want to renew?  I know Hudson doesn't exist.

Can't answer that, since I don't know the answer to the question. Hudson was purchased by Konami I believe, but I doubt they'll ever update it.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 19 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
588 posts

Jul 13, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

BurbeRy_TouCh420 wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

BurbeRy_TouCh420 wrote:

xUNKNOWNFATEx wrote:

I know for sure Game Mechinics said Mass Media left Home along with another developer leaving. I would take GM word for it, Mass Media hasn't made anything in almost a year.

I must've missed when they stated that. Do you remember what thread it might be in? I just want to make sure, since I always enjoyed Mass Media for their wackiness. 

It was an HSM article written by Game Mechanics. 12th paragraph down, not counting the Wikipedia qoute at the beginning. 

http://www.hsmagazine.net/2013/07/a-fair-price-to-pay/

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 19 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jul 13, 2013

BurbeRy_TouCh420 wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

BurbeRy_TouCh420 wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

BurbeRy_TouCh420 wrote:

xUNKNOWNFATEx wrote:

I know for sure Game Mechinics said Mass Media left Home along with another developer leaving. I would take GM word for it, Mass Media hasn't made anything in almost a year.

I must've missed when they stated that. Do you remember what thread it might be in? I just want to make sure, since I always enjoyed Mass Media for their wackiness. 

It was an HSM article written by Game Mechanics. 12th paragraph down, not counting the Wikipedia qoute at the beginning. 

Thanks for the posting the link, I see it now.

Hhm, rather strange that there was never an announcement on Mass Media actually severing ties with PlayStation Home.

Shame too, because I imagined Mass Media made a lot off their tickets for the games. 

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 19 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
588 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

BurbeRy_TouCh420 wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

BurbeRy_TouCh420 wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

BurbeRy_TouCh420 wrote:

xUNKNOWNFATEx wrote:

Hhm, rather strange that there was never an announcement on Mass Media actually severing ties with PlayStation Home.

Shame too, because I imagined Mass Media made a lot off their tickets for the games. 

I was fond of Mass Media along with a lot of my friends. The Midway tickets did sell well, but the Midway's have been empty for about 1yr+ now. This is their website I believe:http://www.massmedia.com Though, it has't been updated in awhile. You could try contacting them like I did to see if it's true or not.

Edit: According to their Wikipedia page, they remade the Jak and Dexter Triology for UK released In June 2013, so they are still around for the most part.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 19 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jul 13, 2013

BurbeRy_TouCh420 wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

BurbeRy_TouCh420 wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

BurbeRy_TouCh420 wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

BurbeRy_TouCh420 wrote:

xUNKNOWNFATEx wrote:

I was fond of Mass Media along with a lot of my friends. The Midway tickets did sell well, but the Midway's have been empty for about 1yr+ now. This is their website I believe:http://www.massmedia.com Though, it has't been updated in awhile. You could try contacting them like I did to see if it's true or not.

Edit: According to their Wikipedia page, they remade the Jak and Dexter Triology for UK released In June 2013, so they are still around for the most part.

Might be a good idea. I always looked forward to a new Midway, since 2010 we've had Midways' and it'll suck without them.

Well, another thing is, the developer might have gave up, considering ISE was able to grant users rewards without even spending a dollar on tickets.

I'm sure they were aware of this with their Hotzone lounge as well, though I don't think Hotzone did as well they had hoped.

Well, hopefully they are still apart of home. It would be a shame to lose a developer I've been familiar with, since my start on home.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 19 (177 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3995 posts

Jul 13, 2013
I remember the midway tickets were often on the monthly top ten sales list they used to show on the screen in the old mall. They definitely sold well during their time.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 19 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4999 posts

Jul 13, 2013

Midway i doubt it they haven't suppported Home in many month's... Seems like they gave up on Home...

And yes with PS4 coming people will buy that and quit using Home due to PS4... If PS4 doesn't support Home it's just a matter of time after PS4 comes out....

The more who buy PS4 the quicker Home will end...

PS4 is out... And there is NO Playstation HOME on PS4... Shame Sony!!!
-
DCS 5yrs Playstation Home Anniversary (Feb 2009 - Feb 2014)
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 19 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4138 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

The_Dukenator wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

BurbeRy_TouCh420 wrote:

xUNKNOWNFATEx wrote:

Even Diesel left Home.

"Contract was up" :smileywink:  

Let's not fall pray to the corporate spin on losing business.  The truth is if Diesel like the dozens of other sponsors and developers that have stopped supporting Home saw value in supporting Home they still would be.  It's really that simple.  It's not like Sony is preventing any of them from making a new "contract"... Or maybe they are, and Sony won't renew any contracts with sponsors and developers, and is just waiting for all the current contracts to expire so they can shut down Home for good.  Hmmm...

BTW:  For those curious about the so-called "successful completion of their contract" I suggest you read the following thread and come to your own conclusions:

Has Diesel also left Home?

As John, President of Game Mechanics already brought up, developers like Mass Media and JetSet Games, among many others that have stopped making any new content for Home, didn't leave because their "contracts were up", but because they couldn't make enough revenue to make the efforts worth while.

And before someone blames ISE for all of this, they REALLY need to do their homework.  Many of the sponsors and developers that stopped supporting Home over the years never offered any reward items that came from paid content that could be hacked or gotten with any form of ISE.  They clearly left and have not returned because of a business decision.  If they felt it would benefit them they would still be in Home, making content and or promoting their products.

If you are really looking for a cause, look no further than Sony's management of Home.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Wake-Up-Sony-before-it-is-too-late/m-p/40329...

If Sony really wanted to make Home succeed, they certainly have the power to do that, but most indicators suggest they don't really care any more, and instead are content (or more likely - legally obligated based on active contracts with 3rd party developers) to offer a minimum standard of support.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Why-a-case-can-be-made-that-Sony-has-given-u...

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 19 (148 Views)
0 Likes