Wastelander
681 posts

Re: Home users A.K.A. internet police

May 25, 2012

boobinz wrote:

LOL....my screen name in home has always been bleeped out,since day 1..its cool in a way tho..its how i know they are talkin to me...lol..GAME ON!....your going to be fine,and i agree with most of what you said in your post..ingnore,laugh,push on...works like a charm...  Hefoldsm-11.jpg

Thank you... *Hugs*

Message 71 of 92 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

May 27, 2012

Anyone with half an ounce of common sense and at least one eye can see that the average internet user is hyper-sensitive, selectively-moralistic, self-righteous, and aggressively-vindictive.  You take your chances being outspoken.  Your call... I'm just saying you knowingly took your chances.

Also, no one actually thinks asterisks hide naughty words.  No one is even hindered from understanding them.  Some guy walks up to my avatar and says, "Hey baby, I wanna put my **** in your *****," ... he's not asking if he can put his keys in my purse.  Or maybe he says "I wanna **** you in the ***," ... he's not talking about looking me in the eye.  You and I both know exactly what he typed.

(You know how *I* know that *you* know what he typed?  Because *I* only typed asterisks, and yet we both know what I was saying in my head when I typed them.)

Ergo, assuming the censor will save your behind is foolish.  It will let you and your audience know that you have said something unacceptable within the context of Home, and that you should not continue with similar material.  Think of the censor as a warning, not a savior.  If anything, it conveniently highlights your poor choice of words for nearby users.

Message 72 of 92 (9 Views)
I Only Post Everything
957 posts

May 27, 2012

Don't worry too much about what you say or do as long as you know the line not to cross. I think most of us have an idea of what that is. Now about the internet police in Home, ignore them, the more they spam the mods with reports the less those reports will be payed attention to. After all, I can imagine how much of a trouble it is viewing reports in the mountainous pile of drama that occurs in Home, mostly due to elitlists, and attention seeking guys or girls.

Message 73 of 92 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

May 27, 2012

it was his attempt at humor....and I can see how he thought everyone around him would precieve it the same way so he's thinking he'll get a coulpe "lol's".

But again my friend, everyone doesn't share the same sense humor, and even harmless comments can be taken or misread the wrong way and ends up offending someone. simply bcuz it mearly text that they are reading, no emotions, nor facial expressions, or gesters *other than the preset actions* to help convey that you meant what you said in a harmless manner.

Also keep in mind that kids are on Home, so you gotta remain respectful on home for their sake, u don't wanna go corrupting our youth bcuz they are our future.

Message 74 of 92 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3420 posts

May 27, 2012

Theres no place like home.Big Brother is watching.bmp

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=
Message 75 of 92 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
223 posts

May 27, 2012

I don't tell people that I'm reporting them, I just do it.  Because I know that a screen shot will be taken with a report and the chat log will be downloaded, I wait until there's enough evidence first before submitting the report. 

Message 76 of 92 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

May 27, 2012

You can thank all the hard core pervs and trolls in Home for people's over-reaction to such things.

Fact is, people will always be doing that or other suggestive gestures in Home, and unless you personally know them, or are involved in the interaction in the first place, then who cares?

I usually laugh and move on unless it's obviously some serious perv trying to prey on somebody who is freaking out, then I'll report it, especially if the victim brings it to my attention.

Ever wonder though if people doing such things are just trying to create a scene for attention?

Guess you answered that for them, DMC!

LOL

Message 77 of 92 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2059 posts

May 28, 2012

my question is y do you feel it necessary to harass or bother other people in the first place?are you that bored? cant you find something else to do on home besides bug people?if you get reported for being an idiot after u have been asked to to stop or leave someone alone then good for them for doing so .and as for the guy who accused of hacking if your reported for any reason there is a screen shot that takes record of wht your doing at the time and the log is reviewed and if they found you to be hacking they would have dealt with you then people just need to to be respectful of others period. and as for just leaving when someone is being rude sorry i dnt feel i should have to leave when some rude idiot has invited him/herself to mess with me.we never asked them to so why should we have to leave?the person being stupid should just go play somewhere else.

DMCoutatime wrote:

No need to throw around words like ignorant my friend. I never said the word I said wasn't vulgar. Also he said the word bukkake did appear filtered to him. Don't be mean to me and I wont be mean to you. I get that people have the right to report others if they feel harassed in any way. That's not what I was complaining about. I was simply saying that I do not do that for blankedy blank blank blank reasons. One thing you didn't touch on is the instance in which the guy reported me for being a hacker with no evidence. Can you speek highly of him? No I do not think you can. Those are the people I speek of when I talk about the "internet police." And how do you know "only a few misguided Home Vigilantes make it their life to attempt to get people banned" ?? Do you do a study on every one in home? Are you out scouting the local hangout spots taking notes? I am just saying PS Home in your perspective is not the same as every one elses.

Message 78 of 92 (9 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 28, 2012

LOL!!!  wow

Message 79 of 92 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

May 28, 2012

Conrad_Max wrote:

crazy_kracker1 wrote:

there was a time in Central Plaza a user came up to me and some friends of mine started being very rude and cursing at us. so I said some things that I shouldn't have and got banned by a MOD but yet the user that started it was saying way worse and wasn't banned cause i seen that person in home every day that i was banned and yes it was the same username on there part, So why is that???????

Because the Moderator didn't see the other person's chat. And no one (including you) never bothered to report the other person.

Never get into an argument with a troublemaker. Either walk away, and/or report them. Our good intentions may backfire.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.
Get your Portable ID! http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3883302

What ?

If a screenshot is taken at the time of the report, can you explain to me why the original instigators' comments were NOT SEEN also by the moderators ?

I was banned for 7 days once because a kid that walked up to me the week that Granzella beach opened, and told me I can get you banned. From there he stood in front of me dancing and cussing and when I (and my then girlfriend BOTH reported him) I was the one that got the ban the next day, yet he was free to roam around and repeat what he did to me to others.

So explain that...because I wasnt arguing and did everything by the book and yet the book failed me.

In fact he said I better check the forums to see who he was also in front of dozens of witnesses after drawing a crowd.

Message 80 of 92 (9 Views)
0 Likes