Oct 26 2012
By: King0fHearts2007 Treasure Hunter 8473 posts

Home tycoon a game or not?

24 replies 376 views Edited Oct 26, 2012

I use to love Simcity and when I saw it came to Home I was really happy and being able to get into you're city take's Home tycoon somewhere where Simcity should have gone long ago.

But after you finish the story mode you find out that Home tycoon is really not a game.  Have you been to the "top players" citys yet?  There is nothing but "luury Life Towers" No power, watter, Jobs, fire stations or even road's.  Who would ever want to live in citys like that?  So for the most part you don't need skill'z or even brain power in this game if you want to be a "top player".  If you want to use real money it should only take a few min's to be a "top player". 

hits and misses

• Being able to go into the City and walk around
  • Car's
  • Novus Prime Recruiting (But I don't see why they don't use that as a way to hop onto the Novus Prime space)
  • Fire Department
  • Research Hospital
  • Zoo (good call having this and good price)
  • Farm's
  • Mall (nice little easter egg)
  • Parks
  • Lakes
  • Need disasters (fire, flood's tornadoes)
  • Police should be FREE.
  • No power/watter lose people in you're town. (who wants to live in a town with no power or watter?)
  • have the Military in you're town (This could be free or paid)
  • Need School's/libraries
  • Need more recreation (theam parks, drive ins & skate parks)
  • Need Airport
  • Need rewards for going to other users citys.
  • Fireworks at night (this can be a paid item)
  • Bus/trains
  • need more free stuff.

But most of all let's make it more like a game

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 25 (376 Views)
Big Daddy
15244 posts

Re: Home tycoon a game or not?

Oct 26, 2012

It would be nice but you are not going to have a full Sims like game on Home. not this version of Home we currently have anyways.

The developers did what they could with what they had to play with.

Notice the Sims3 requirements for a PC? Kind of says it all.

The Sims™ 3 Minimum Hardware Requirements

FOR WINDOWS XP
  • 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
  • 1 GB RAM
  • 128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
  • The latest version of DirectX 9.0c
  • Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
  • At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games
HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 25 (370 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8473 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Jersquall wrote:

It would be nice but you are not going to have a full Sims like game on Home. not this version of Home we currently have anyways.

The developers did what they could with what they had to play with.

Notice the Sims3 requirements for a PC? Kind of says it all.

The Sims™ 3 Minimum Hardware Requirements

FOR WINDOWS XP
  • 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
  • 1 GB RAM
  • 128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
  • The latest version of DirectX 9.0c
  • Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
  • At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games

In no way am I saying Home Tycoon should be a full game.  But I would like the rules to Home Tycoon chaged.  Owning a few hundred copys of the "Luxury Life Towers" should NOT make you a top player in the game.  There should be some leve of skill or brain power to this game just like all SimCity game's.

You also posted the requirements for "The Sim's 3"?  I assume that's about the same as SimCity?  But don't forget that SimCity just came out with a new game "simcity social"  for FaceBook The point being it can be done just not as fun.

GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 25 (345 Views)
Big Daddy
15244 posts

Oct 26, 2012

I can understand what you're getting at. Maybe they can adjust it somehow, who knows.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 25 (339 Views)
Fender Bender
2394 posts

Oct 26, 2012

King is right. There really isn't any strategy behind "winning" at Home Tycoon.

The only motivation that I can see for playing is just to build a city that you like.  Just a big customisable personal space, not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

castle3
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 25 (322 Views)
Fender Bender
3266 posts

Oct 26, 2012

To me, the game is like a SimCity to me. But it has some different features to it. In HOme Tycoon you can just walk in around in your city which I feel is a nice positive. But I wouldnt pay anything for this gane. I do hate the interface and its hard to make a great city. I did make great cities when I owned SimCity 4. And yes I know this is no Maxis work of genious but it is a decent game that is nice to play if you want some rewards, but this is by no means a good city simulator at alll.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 25 (308 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
30876 posts

Oct 26, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

• Police should be FREE.
  • Need Airport
  • Bus/trains
  • need more free stuff.

i agree with all of this.

i was sad when i found out that we had to pay money to get a police station. least they could do was make a small police station that was free and keep the big one in the paid expansion.

there should slo be schools/libraries. i cant imagine everyone in the town is an adult. :smileytongue:

an airport or bus/train station would be neat. im surprised  there isnt a train station already considering we have to use the TRAIN in the Home Tycoon TRAIN STATION to get to our town.

Military would be neat. theres the Novus Prime thing, would be cool if they expanded on that with a base and stuff.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 25 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1422 posts

Oct 26, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

• Police should be FREE.
  • Need Airport
  • Bus/trains
  • need more free stuff.

i agree with all of this.

i was sad when i found out that we had to pay money to get a police station. least they could do was make a small police station that was free and keep the big one in the paid expansion.

there should slo be schools/libraries. i cant imagine everyone in the town is an adult. :smileytongue:

an airport or bus/train station would be neat. im surprised  there isnt a train station already considering we have to use the TRAIN in the Home Tycoon TRAIN STATION to get to our town.

Military would be neat. theres the Novus Prime thing, would be cool if they expanded on that with a base and stuff.

They give a lot out for free. I like it so much i bought the big pack and got gold car free.  I bought it also because i wanted to support something that i liked and was different from all these war games and killing.  It is almost  like having another Home it is so big. I just wish I could place my furniture and stuff in it.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 25 (267 Views)
Wastelander
682 posts

Oct 27, 2012

i had mentioned the all apartments cities to Novus-Cooldown and he said there will be different types of leaderboards in the future . i really liked this post . some great ideas and i sent a link to the Hellfire people . hopefully it will help them to improve this game (;

HOMELINGS ROCK!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 25 (256 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8473 posts

Oct 27, 2012

HeavensLightfire wrote:

To me, the game is like a SimCity to me. But it has some different features to it. In HOme Tycoon you can just walk in around in your city which I feel is a nice positive. But I wouldnt pay anything for this gane. I do hate the interface and its hard to make a great city. I did make great cities when I owned SimCity 4. And yes I know this is no Maxis work of genious but it is a decent game that is nice to play if you want some rewards, but this is by no means a good city simulator at alll.

I don't understand you're point?  Do you find Home Tycoon fun to play?  There is definitely something special about Home Tycoon but it's not game like at all after you finish the story line.  Home Tycoon is very "Home" like but with out the users and it gives the power for us the user to make it in any way we like.  If you like Home then you're going to like Home tycoon they are very much alike.  But my question is...  Is it game like?

AbysmalDawna wrote:
They give a lot out for free. I like it so much i bought the big pack and got gold car free.  I bought it also because i wanted to support something that i liked and was different from all these war games and killing.  It is almost  like having another Home it is so big. I just wish I could place my furniture and stuff in it.

I think you missed the point.  You are 100% right we should all support good spaces in Home and Home Tycoon is a good space in Home.  But..  There need's to be basic materials for maken a good city.  What should they be? 

1. Watter
  2. Electricity
  3. Town hall
  4. Fire Department
  5. Police Department
  6. School's

Can you imagine living in a town with out thoes basic materials?  If you read my list of good's and bad's of Home Tycoon you will see Zoo is on the good list and you have to pay for that.  Just feel like everyone should have a Police Department in there citys.  As for my idea's I also posted a lot of idea's that you could pay for.

GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 25 (245 Views)
0 Likes