Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 18 2010
By: Magnus_Keynes Splicer 17 posts

Home’s Top Avatar - Fantasy Week

291 replies 225 views Edited May 18, 2010

Hey Home Community,

You know, as a guy that revels in high-fashion (I mean check out the swanky gold suit I sport 24/7), I have long adored the fact that I am surrounded by a kindred community of fashionistas. As I write this in fact, I am discoing my way across the Central Plaza surrounded by AvP outfits, there's a flamingo hat, and hey, I even spy a Cole costume (people love that one).

The fact that you all love to personalize your avatars really hit home with me recently - no pun intended - and I started thinking we should have some fun with our fashion. So, today I'm announcing Home's inaugural Top Avatar Competition! We're going to have several of these in the coming weeks, each week with a different theme, but this week's theme is fantasy!

Here's how it works:

1. Dress up in your favorite fantasy-related virtual items
  2. Snap a pic of your avatar using your built-in camera
  3. Post the pic in this thread along with your PSN ID
  4. Sit back and watch other users vote for your avatar!

You don't have to purchase anything. You can use existing items in your inventory as long as they fit the week's theme. Of course, I wouldn't be your resident business guru if I didn't also mention that you can add to your inventory by visiting the Mall. But you don't have to. We just want to have fun with this event. So be creative and show us the most fantastical outfit you can mash together.

Now no contest would be complete without a prize so here it is: the winner will have a pic of their fantasy-themed avatar placed over the Central Plaza for a week to publicize their inestimable prowess at fashion. What could be better for a fashion-forward Home denizen then a little fame among friends?

So that's it. Let's the games commence! I can't wait to see what ya come up with and have fun!

Best,
Magnus

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 292 (225 Views)
PlayStation Community Manager
1040 posts

Re: Home’s Top Avatar - Fantasy Week

May 18, 2010

Here are the official rules. Get to snapping photos, people!

OFFICIAL RULES

PlayStation®Home’s Top Avatar: Fantasy Week

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.  Void outside the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited.  The following promotion is intended for viewing in the 50 United States and D.C. only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law.  Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal resident of, and located in, the 50 United States or D.C. and are at least 13 years of age at the time of entry.  To enter, you must have a PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, a valid PlayStation®Network account, internet access, a valid e-mail address, and PlayStation®Home installed on your system.

1. 1.      ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal U.S. residents only aged 13 or older.  Prize winners or prize winners’ parent or guardian (if the winner is under the age of 18) may be required to sign a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability within fourteen (14) days of prize notification.  By acceptance of prize, winners agree to the use of their name and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.

2. SPONSOR:  Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC, 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Foster City, CA 94404 (“Sponsor”).

3. TIMING: PlayStation Home’s Top Avatar: Fantasy Week (“Promotion”) begins May 17, 2010 at 12:00 p.m. (Noon) PST and ends May 24, 2010 at 9:00 a.m. PST. (“Promotion Period”).

4. HOW TO ENTER: Log into your PlayStation Network account and launch PlayStation Home application.  Dress your avatar according to the fantasy theme.  To enter, take a picture of your theme dressed avatar, go to the Forums, post your picture and your PSN ID on the designated “PS Home’s Top  Avatar” thread (“Entry” or “Entries”):http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/bd-p/ps3home

There will be two Entry categories: one for male avatars and one for female avatars.  Limit one Entry per category.

1. ENTRY CONDITIONS: All Entries must be received by 9:00 a.m. PST on May 24, 2010. The Entry that receives the most votes in each category at the end of the Promotion Period will be awarded the prize.  In the event of a tie, all tie-breakers will be awarded the prize.  Limit two Entries (one Entry per category) per registered PSN ID during the Promotion Period.  Subsequent Entries will be disqualified. 

2. PRIZES: There will be two prize winners—one male avatar and one female avatar.  Each winner’s Entry will be featured on a billboard in PlayStation Home’s Central Plaza for one week following the Promotion Period.  Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal value if prize is unavailable.  Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions allowed.

3. 7.      JUDGING CRITERIA: Voting is open to all PlayStation Home users during the Promotion Period.  Using the kudos system, users may vote for their favorite Entries in each category by clicking on the blue star at the top right corner of the Entry.  Voters have the ability to vote for more than one Entry, but can only vote for each Entry ONCE.  All voters will use the following criteria and criteria weights in judging Entries:  (a) Fantasy Themed – 50%; (b) Creativity – 30%; (c) Originality – 20% (“Judging Criteria”).

4. WINNERS: The Entry that receives the most votes in each category will win the prize.  Sponsor will send a notification email to winner’s registered PSN email address on May 24, 2010.

5. 9.      GENERAL CONDITIONS: All Entries are subject to Sponsor’s verification.  Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion.  Potential winners must comply with the Official Rules, and receipt of prizes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.  Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit the ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence.  Sponsor has the sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion or Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running the Promotion as planned.  Sponsor is not responsible for changes to contact information.  Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify any participant who violates these Official Rules, tampers with the operation of the Promotion or engages in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other participant.

10.  RELEASE: As a condition of participating in the Promotion, all participants agree to release Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions and affiliates from liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including property damage, personal injury and death that may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity and claims based on publicity rights, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.

11.  WINNER LIST: To obtain names of the winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to PS Home’s Top Avatar: Fantasy Week, 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd. 4th Floor Foster City, CA 94404.  Prize winners’ name request will be fulfilled within four weeks.  Requests for winner list must be received by June 7, 2010.

12.  RESTRICTIONS: Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 292 (225 Views)
Gaming Beast
2127 posts

May 18, 2010

Here is my Constatine/Dogma Angel.

PSN id: firehawk2324

Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 292 (225 Views)
Uncharted Territory
618 posts

May 18, 2010

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Joanna_Dark_

Donut Drake – Male Submission

Hilarious!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 292 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

May 18, 2010

Just a mix of some parts I had that I liked, hope you guys like it too

PSN ID: KarateChampChad

PlayStation®Home Picture 5-17-2010 4-41-55 by you.

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 292 (225 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29071 posts

May 18, 2010

Joanna_Dark_

Modeled after this pic

Donut Drake – Male Submission

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 292 (225 Views)
Home Developer
331 posts

May 18, 2010

Nice job Joanna!

PST
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 292 (225 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2393 posts

May 18, 2010

WaveLightning777 - Female - "Give me an S! O! D! I! U! M! Whats that spell? SODIUM!!!"

*Lockwood Gift Machine Wishlist (updated 1/31): Blaster's Bay, Whimsy Hollow, Iron Fusion Vault (either gender), Drey VIP Room (either gender) *
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 292 (225 Views)
Sackboy
521 posts

May 18, 2010

Will post pictures later.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 292 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts