Mar 14 2007
By: LordD2 Wastelander 860 posts

Home replace XMB?

10 replies 37 views Edited Mar 14, 2007
I don't see why not when all the implementations are made.  It sounds like at some point you will be able to do pretty much anything from your room that u can through the XMB aside from changing settings.

Also, lot of talk about how at some point groups will be able to enter games seemlessly through Home, but what about individually?  Meaning can I acces and play my games from my room instead of selecting them out of the XMB?  Just basically make Home the front end for the PS3 instead of the XMB and be able to do all the stuff you can do from the XMB from your room.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Re: Home replace XMB?

Mar 14, 2007
You can probably use most of the feature with the virtual PSP... but you can still use the XMB
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5910 posts

Mar 14, 2007

Bern80 wrote:
I don't see why not when all the implementations are made.  It sounds like at some point you will be able to do pretty much anything from your room that u can through the XMB aside from changing settings.

Also, lot of talk about how at some point groups will be able to enter games seemlessly through Home, but what about individually?  Meaning can I acces and play my games from my room instead of selecting them out of the XMB?  Just basically make Home the front end for the PS3 instead of the XMB and be able to do all the stuff you can do from the XMB from your room.

The idea is that anything you can do on the XMB (and a little more) will be available through Home
so yes you will be able to launch yourself into games even without a group from Home.

(ps this is actually answered in the "all about home sticky")

Message Edited by AckeheceKoheo on 03-13-2007 06:46 PM
____Rumors are just that - RUMORS____

Formosa's Law: n.
“The truly insane have enough on their plates without us adding to it.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/F/Formosas-Law.html

Godwin's Law: prov.
“As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/G/Godwins-Law.html

http://mabifiles.nexon.net/movies/teaser/embed_video/mabi_movie03.swf
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1569 posts

Mar 14, 2007
The home network has to be accessed through the XMB first though. The XMB will be a "quick launch" type menu from now on i guess. Home network is place you can go to and chat with a few buds before you engage on long hours of motorstorm and do the XMB features.

Message Edited by Guitarmetaldemon on 03-13-2007 08:49 PM
Open your eyes: zeitgeistmovie.com

PS3 Trophies
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1537 posts

Mar 14, 2007
Home will not replace XMB, Home is just an online community service whereas XMB is an user interface that lets yo access media, games, friends and applications. Both XMB and Home will use the PLAYSTATION Network service.

PLAYSTATION Network online gaming service.

Home online community service.

XMB graphical user interface.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5910 posts

Mar 14, 2007

KillahSouljah wrote:
Home will not replace XMB, Home is just an online community service whereas XMB is an user interface that lets yo access media, games, friends and applications. Both XMB and Home will use the PLAYSTATION Network service.

I would tend to define it this way

XMB - 2D graphical interface to your media, friends list and games
Home = 3D graphical interface to your media, friends and games

both do the same thing... one prettier then the other
____Rumors are just that - RUMORS____

Formosa's Law: n.
“The truly insane have enough on their plates without us adding to it.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/F/Formosas-Law.html

Godwin's Law: prov.
“As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/G/Godwins-Law.html

http://mabifiles.nexon.net/movies/teaser/embed_video/mabi_movie03.swf
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1256 posts

Mar 14, 2007
Yeah, options are key. The more options the better, People don't like to be told what to do. Some people wont like Home and shouldn't have to go into it just to hear a song or launch a game or whatever.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1943 posts

Mar 14, 2007
it has already been confirmed that Home will NOT replace the XMB. And plus i think the XMB as a whole is the best interface ever designed for a consumer electronic and video game consoles. Everything is there in your view, its organized and its easy to use
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
860 posts

Mar 14, 2007

markdawg7x wrote:
Yeah, options are key. The more options the better, People don't like to be told what to do. Some people wont like Home and shouldn't have to go into it just to hear a song or launch a game or whatever.

I agree.  I guess what I was getting at was functionally being able to do things like enter games through it.  Otherwise it seems kind of stupid to be in Home then have to back out of it and access a game through the XMB as we do now.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2184 posts

Mar 14, 2007

KillahSouljah wrote:

Exactly. Everything has its place.
Playstation 3 from Target on 11/17/06: $649.49
Sony 480i/p 720p 1080i/p Projector: $5,000.00
Playing Resistance: Fall of Man on a high definition 200" screen: Priceless

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes