Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 11 2014
By: hellokittyxo Survivor 1317 posts

Home really is For children and possibly more

[ Edited ]
98 replies 714 views Edited Jun 11, 2014

Ok, hear me out. I spent almost 5 years on home and I always felt like I fit in. I made friends, I had a ton of fun, to be honest, I was just a normal home user that loved home and wanted to collect everything. I made sure I didn't miss ANY rewards. Logging on Everyday was a normal occurance in my household.

It wasn't until I stopped using home that I saw the other side of the coin.

I THOUGHT home was for anyone, but in reality, most of the time while on home, there were always kids harrassing me and my friends. You all know how the vast majority of home users are, with the exception of a few groups from the forums and some regulars on home. The rest are just kids that are bored and looking for something.... ANYTHING to do. 

The adults that use home usually gravitate towards other adults, but they're hard to come by, which is why a lot of still have room on our friends lists ( once again with the exception of a few) and really without the forums I suspect most of our friends lists wouldn't be even a quarter of the size they are.

The vast majority of the people on there are kids, we just found a way to enjoy home while among the children of psh. It'd be like if you were in your 30's and hanging out at parties with 18 year olds and younger. Sure you could do it, sure you could have fun, but really, you don't fit in, and most people would look at you like you had issues. That perhaps is why so much of the playstation community looks at home as a joke while forumers from home argue otherwise. 

You'd have to say though that most of the forum users aren't Kids, which is why their arguement that home is good doesn't come off the same way that  the rest of the playstation community looks at it. 

Now that I'm not on playstation home I look back and despite making a handful of friends, I wish I had never spent more than a week on playstation home. it takes all your hard earned money, gives you virtual items and when it ends you are left with nothing.

Ok, now this is the part where you argue that it's ENTERTAINMENT.  That it's the same as buying a movie ticket or a candy bar or anything that you use and throw away. 

Well to that I say, I wish I hadn't gone out to the movies the other night. I should have just waited for it to come out on cable. I wish I didn't spend my money on some shoes that were way too expensive when I could have just gotten a nice cheap pair that did the same exact thing.

The only people that are going to be upset about home being gone is Adults. Kids could care less, they'll move on like it never existed because honestly, I'd guess the vast majority of them look at home as Free entertainment. That's why you see so many Trolls, and pervs, and people that steal " free " items, and more. Home isn't for adults! It uses a system of addictional traits like collecting stuff and takes advantage of you. Get all the personal spaces, buy all the cute clothes, get all the rewards, etc etc.

They lure people in and I suspect that children can't really afford to be buying all that stuff, so doesn't that contradict my theory?! To that I say no, The people that spend money are most likely adults, but home is only surviving because of adults. You all, including myself have basically funded a virtual childrens playground for 5+ years without even knowing it all based on addiction, ocd, loneliness, and more.

Now go ahead and make your Valid points about how home is for adults, but don't forget, I said that you still could find a way to have fun, and that most of the forumers ARE adults. I fully expect you all to try and validate why home is great. I just wonder, 6 months after home closes it's doors and you look back, will you see it the same as me?

And as Vladimir Putin put it : " Anyone who doesn't regret the passing of the soviet union has no heart. Anyone who wants it restored has no brains "   holds So True to Playstation Home. 

Message 1 of 99 (714 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1536 posts

Re: Home really is For children and possibly more

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2014

wow that was one of the best reads i have seen here on the Home threads!  good job! :smileyhappy:

original.gif

Raptr Gamercard

The Death of Home is apon us! Deal with it!
I like R2 options!
Message 2 of 99 (690 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
264 posts

Jun 12, 2014
Good post, i hv met alot children n unfortunatly the predators who stalk em, i pretended be 14 once n you can imagine wat old guy said .
meow meow
Message 3 of 99 (637 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
7724 posts

Jun 12, 2014

Kitty, just message me already. Home isn't just for kid and you know this dear. Yeah there's plenty of 'em, but I think you paint an inaccurate picture.

Message 4 of 99 (625 Views)
Splicer
51 posts

Jun 12, 2014

I neither agree or disagree with your theory. The reason I am posting is because I am 30 now and I too have five years on Home. What struck me as odd is that most of the people that I have known and have or have had as friends are adults. And for that matter they are considerably older than I am. In hold 'em I am apparently one of the youngest in terms of the regulars who played in high stakes. Now with that said I think it just goes to show that what you have seen or experienced during your time on Home won't necessarily be the same experience that others have had, mine being the polar opposite of it.

Message 5 of 99 (587 Views)
PlayStation MVP
657 posts

Jun 12, 2014
Home to me was for 13 n up..i had a good mix of all ages..even was a father figure of sorts to some younger friends..to me age didnt matter..i wasnt lookn for love and was more about respect ya know.

Just my opnions

Message 6 of 99 (581 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2014

Seeing-Red wrote:

I neither agree or disagree with your theory. The reason I am posting is because I am 30 now and I too have five years on Home. What struck me as odd is that most of the people that I have known and have or have had as friends are adults. And for that matter they are considerably older than I am. In hold 'em I am apparently one of the youngest in terms of the regulars who played in high stakes. Now with that said I think it just goes to show that what you have seen or experienced during your time on Home won't necessarily be the same experience that others have had, mine being the polar opposite of it.

Yeah I agree, you can't totaly say its children only when there's M Mature content as well showing uncensored movies on the loot EOD if it was children only all rated R content would be taken out 

Message 7 of 99 (551 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1536 posts

Jun 12, 2014

dark_midori wrote:

Seeing-Red wrote:

Yeah I agree, you can't totaly say its children only when there's M Mature content as well showing uncensored movies on the loot EOD if it was children only all rated R content would be taken out 

not to mention the fact some of those movies have full frontal. and if you dont know what full frontal is im not going to be the one to tell you. go ask mommy or daddy.

original.gif

Raptr Gamercard

The Death of Home is apon us! Deal with it!
I like R2 options!
Message 8 of 99 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jun 12, 2014

XrazgarX wrote:

dark_midori wrote:

Seeing-Red wrote:

not to mention the fact some of those movies have full frontal. and if you dont know what full frontal is im not going to be the one to tell you. go ask mommy or daddy.

original.gif

Lol oh pretty much aware of those films I'm 31 lol still, back to the topic if calling children people 13 to up then those are TEEN's and I think they deserv respect because they don't want to be adressed as children

Message 9 of 99 (519 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Jun 12, 2014

Has anyone said anything about the music on Radio IO in home yet,lol? No way some of those songs are meant for kids.

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 10 of 99 (495 Views)