Survivor
1317 posts

Re: Home really is For children and possibly more

Jun 13, 2014

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

hellokittyxo wrote:

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

hellokittyxo wrote:
 I'm simply saying that the target audience of home is most likely on the younger end of that 13 and up, rather than the older. 

You couldn't be further from the truth. I don't know too many 13+ year olds that spend thousands to keep the platform going.

Did you even read the OP CMC? I'm pretty sure you didn't or you'd not have made this post as it basically is saying what I already stated in the op, or the entire concept of my OP went right over your head, but thanks for the input.

I read it, and unfortunately I don't agree with your assesment. No offense, but it seems like your trying to project your experiences and opinion as fact. Saying that we should think this or know that, because you said so, is a little off the wall.

What I don't get, is that you admit that you enjoyed Home while you were on, but now regret and come to all these conclusions after the fact. Your OP is so opinionated, you should submit it to HSM.

It's unfortunate that you look back on 5 years of use with such a sour note, but I'd suspect that most view and will view Home in a different way, not only while they use it now, but when it's said and done.

"You all know how the vast majority of home users are"

"The rest are just kids that are bored and looking for something.... ANYTHING to do."

"The vast majority of the people on there are kids, we just found a way to enjoy home while among the children of psh."

"Home isn't for adults! It uses a system of addictional traits like collecting stuff and takes advantage of you."

"You all, including myself have basically funded a virtual childrens playground for 5+ years without even knowing it all based on addiction, ocd, loneliness, and more."

Yes, spend a few hours in the hub and tell me how that goes lol. Geez, I knew some people would try and validate their reasoning behind home, but I didn't expect someone to so boldly lie to themselves about how home usually is. If you're hiding away in a personal space with your friends sure, it's a different experience, but go just about anywhere else, tell me right here and now that some little jerk isn't going to come right up to you in a matter of a minute or 2 and start doing or saying something immature............ yeah, everyones experiences ARE different, but that part of home hasn't changed. BTW CMC, would you like to join my fam? Oh wait, fams don't exist either. Lame

Message 41 of 99 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

Jun 13, 2014

StephieRawks wrote:
IKR? Jules, you should know better! These threads are for Kitty to keep telling us how he's sooo over Home and its users. If Kitty keeps repeating it, it'll eventually come true, right?

Oh Stephie stephie stephie, so nice of you to join in. I wish you were right and I was dying to get back on home and hang out with a bunch of people that wander around and show off their clothes together, or have the same events over and over that are exactly the same as the event before. Home was getting boring anyways, the only person that kept me there was mya, she actually has something to offer opposed to so many of you that just keep saying the same things everyday on home, but about a different item or a different reward or whatever. I'm seriously over home, I just come back to see what it's like sometimes when I want to remind myself what I was like before to make myself more self confident about who I am now. It really really works too. lol

Message 42 of 99 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16552 posts

Jun 13, 2014

hellokittyxo wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

LightningEmotion wrote:
OP needs to speak for himself. Home didn't make almost all of his friends shun him. He did that to himself when he made the decision to keep lying to them for nearly 5 years straight.

I'd wager that the OP's current opinion about Home started the moment he finally came out with the truth.

I really don't like it when people turn on Home because they had a bad experience with friends. Home did not cause the issues and it's common to see people turn after they have left. In this case it looks like there were no happy endings but how many good times were had before the break away? I do hope that bridges can be mended for those involved. Friends are important.

This isn't me turning on home either Jers, this is me speaking the truth. 6 months after home closes you may stay in contact with some of your friends from home, but all of them? most likely not. Home was and for those of you still using it, IS fun. I'm not denying that it's fun. I'm simply saying that after some time passes and you've all adjusted to life without PSH, your outlook most likely will change when you realize you spent a few thousand dollars, and possibly way too much time on Entertainment rather than doing things that could have bettered your lives like go to college, go to the gym, go out and experience real life, spend more time with your real family than home friends. From my experience, regardless of how it ended, I look back and think, wow, I spent how many years and how many thousand of dollars and how much time a day on home when I could have gone and gotten a degree in college?! I could have spent more time with my significant other? etc etc. 

I'm willing to bet with quite a few of you, that if you have real life relationships, at some point, you've had some sort of a disagreement with your wife or husband about either how much you spend on home, how much time you spend on home, how you're addicted to home. You may not know it, but you're quite possibly having fun on home at the expense of something much more important. That's what you may REGRET when it's all over. 

Like Geez, I can't believe I let my real life fall apart so much because I spent so much of my energy on a virtual environment. I can't guarantee anything, but I'm willing to bet at least half of the home forum users are going to feel a little silly looking back. 

Honest and truth these and I kudo that.

I do not believe everything happens for a reason or that predestined stuff. We all make choices. Now i know there are thesis' on String Theory and I don't believe that either but if it was fact then there would be multiple time lines. One of which you were still in Home and hanging out with friends. Another would be you with a degree in whatever.. point being, You and I made choices to be here. Yes, I could had went a different direction but I chose here. Helping others. not a choice I ever looked back on and said was bad. I might in 6 months but I might not. I have never regreted it to date. I had alot of fun. Helped a community. helped Sony, made memories I enjoyed. You're right and many will agree with you and again, that's up to them. Might be along the way they think.

i see a lot of different personalities and thoughts here. I can say I do not agree with a lot but it does not make them wrong if that's how they feel. This makes us unique.

honestly, No matter what we do or where we go or do. I hope the best for all of us.   

HomeStationMagazine
Message 43 of 99 (356 Views)
Survivor
1317 posts

Jun 13, 2014

Jersquall wrote:

hellokittyxo wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

LightningEmotion wrote:
OP needs to speak for himself. Home didn't make almost all of his friends shun him. He did that to himself when he made the decision to keep lying to them for nearly 5 years straight.

I'd wager that the OP's current opinion about Home started the moment he finally came out with the truth.

I really don't like it when people turn on Home because they had a bad experience with friends. Home did not cause the issues and it's common to see people turn after they have left. In this case it looks like there were no happy endings but how many good times were had before the break away? I do hope that bridges can be mended for those involved. Friends are important.

This isn't me turning on home either Jers, this is me speaking the truth. 6 months after home closes you may stay in contact with some of your friends from home, but all of them? most likely not. Home was and for those of you still using it, IS fun. I'm not denying that it's fun. I'm simply saying that after some time passes and you've all adjusted to life without PSH, your outlook most likely will change when you realize you spent a few thousand dollars, and possibly way too much time on Entertainment rather than doing things that could have bettered your lives like go to college, go to the gym, go out and experience real life, spend more time with your real family than home friends. From my experience, regardless of how it ended, I look back and think, wow, I spent how many years and how many thousand of dollars and how much time a day on home when I could have gone and gotten a degree in college?! I could have spent more time with my significant other? etc etc. 

I'm willing to bet with quite a few of you, that if you have real life relationships, at some point, you've had some sort of a disagreement with your wife or husband about either how much you spend on home, how much time you spend on home, how you're addicted to home. You may not know it, but you're quite possibly having fun on home at the expense of something much more important. That's what you may REGRET when it's all over. 

Like Geez, I can't believe I let my real life fall apart so much because I spent so much of my energy on a virtual environment. I can't guarantee anything, but I'm willing to bet at least half of the home forum users are going to feel a little silly looking back. 

Honest and truth these and I kudo that.

I do not believe everything happens for a reason or that predestined stuff. We all make choices. Now i know there are thesis' on String Theory and I don't believe that either but if it was fact then there would be multiple time lines. One of which you were still in Home and hanging out with friends. Another would be you with a degree in whatever.. point being, You and I made choices to be here. Yes, I could had went a different direction but I chose here. Helping others. not a choice I ever looked back on and said was bad. I might in 6 months but I might not. I have never regreted it to date. I had alot of fun. Helped a community. helped Sony, made memories I enjoyed. You're right and many will agree with you and again, that's up to them. Might be along the way they think.

i see a lot of different personalities and thoughts here. I can say I do not agree with a lot but it does not make them wrong if that's how they feel. This makes us unique.

honestly, No matter what we do or where we go or do. I hope the best for all of us.   

very true, I don't think everyone will regret it. I know your situation jers and I think what home has offered to you and others is great. I'm happy home was here. I do regret that I spent all that money, and maybe saying that I wish I had spent only a week on home is way off. How about this, I wish I had spent way less time, way way WAY less money, but still used home. Home is wonderful, I'll never deny that. I just have a few regrets that I wish I could have reversed given the chance to. 

How many other people agree , to me, isn't even a factor. I perhaps even felt a little bad writing this Op, but hoped maybe it got through to someone like myself that uses home and had a similar experience ( minus the obvious thing I get blasted on here for .... which is an obvious regret ) , that they'd maybe cut back the time they use on home, cut back the $$$ they spend on home, open a few eyes. 

Message 44 of 99 (349 Views)
Limit Breaker
16552 posts

Jun 13, 2014

hellokittyxo wrote:

very true, I don't think everyone will regret it. I know your situation jers and I think what home has offered to you and others is great. I'm happy home was here. I do regret that I spent all that money, and maybe saying that I wish I had spent only a week on home is way off. How about this, I wish I had spent way less time, way way WAY less money, but still used home. Home is wonderful, I'll never deny that. I just have a few regrets that I wish I could have reversed given the chance to. 

How many other people agree , to me, isn't even a factor. I perhaps even felt a little bad writing this Op, but hoped maybe it got through to someone like myself that uses home and had a similar experience ( minus the obvious thing I get blasted on here for .... which is an obvious regret ) , that they'd maybe cut back the time they use on home, cut back the $$$ they spend on home, open a few eyes. 

It's all good. we live and learn. Home has taught me a lot. A lot about myself mostly. it was a journey. funny thing about journeys. always more of those to be had. home will not be yours or my last.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 45 of 99 (343 Views)
Splicer
51 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2014

I had a different post planned out but forget it. I agree with previous posters because it's the adult demographic that has the bank accounts or credit cards to pay for purchases whether for themselves or their kids. And more items and spaces than not are adult oriented because I think mainly that Sony listened to the complaints about Home being too cutesy or lacking appeal for adults.

Further it's easy to be mislead regarding the ages of people in an online world. Even the naturally more mature people have a freedom being online, giving them a leeway that the real world lacks. So I stand by my opinion that Home is for everyone but adults are the bigger percentage.

Message 46 of 99 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

Jun 13, 2014

Seeing-Red wrote:

I had a different post planned out but forget it. I agree with previous posters because it's the adult demographic that has the bank accounts or credit cards to pay for purchases whether for themselves or their kids. And more items and spaces than not are adult oriented because I think mainly that Sony a while back listened to complaints about Home being too cutesy or lacking appeal for adults.

You're entitled your opinion of me. I'm not disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing though, this is just my opinion, just as almost every other thread where someone expresses their feelings is. Thanks for posting though :smileyhappy:

Message 47 of 99 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2014

You're very welcome. And since I edited my original post, I'll just say it here. I have found you quite condescending, in the ways in which you have argued against most of the opinions here that differed from your own. In opening a topic like this you essentially opened a debate and I guess I just expected more understanding of that from you than what you gave. My mistake. :smileyhappy:

Message 48 of 99 (301 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 13, 2014

hellokittyxo wrote:

to be honest, I was just a normal home user

Most Home users haven't spent the past five years lying about their gender.

As you admitted in your rage quit thread(s), you were dishonest and abnormal in comparison to the "average" person on Home.

hellokittyxo wrote:

The vast majority of the people on there are kids

What evidence do you have to support this observation?

Most of the users I've chatted with are adults who act like children.

hellokittyxo wrote:
I wish I had never spent more than a week on playstation home. it takes all your hard earned money, gives you virtual items and when it ends you are left with nothing.

This is a personal budgeting problem, not an issue inherent to Home.

Playstation Home is a free application. It's possible to enjoy it for years without spending money.

Think more, buy less. Understand the difference between luxury and necessity.

hellokittyxo wrote:

You all, including myself have basically funded a virtual childrens playground for 5+ years without even knowing it all based on addiction, ocd, loneliness, and more.

Your post is steeped in frustration and latent shame over having been addicted to Home. This sentence demonstrates that you have transferred your personal problems onto the group. Don't make the novice mistake of assuming everyone who buys items on Home is disturbed; confront your demons on your own time.

Message 49 of 99 (277 Views)
Limit Breaker
16552 posts

Jun 13, 2014

Johnny_Bender_

I ask with calm and request the same in reply. The alt account, .Is it so that your main doesn't portray a different meaning or to protect it somehow? I just wondered why the use of a alt was used for this first post. If you feel comfortable answering. Thanks, if not np.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 50 of 99 (266 Views)