Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcoming Committee
4010 posts

Re: Home really is For children and possibly more

Jun 12, 2014

hellokittyxo wrote:

I understand jules, but trying to derail a thread through any means, even if it's humor, is still trying to derail a thread. I'm sure there are other less serious threads you can go play in. 

As you wish.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 99 (436 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4429 posts

Jun 12, 2014
IKR? Jules, you should know better! These threads are for Kitty to keep telling us how he's sooo over Home and its users. If Kitty keeps repeating it, it'll eventually come true, right?

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 99 (429 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5374 posts

Jun 12, 2014

hellokittyxo wrote:

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

hellokittyxo wrote:
 I'm simply saying that the target audience of home is most likely on the younger end of that 13 and up, rather than the older. 

You couldn't be further from the truth. I don't know too many 13+ year olds that spend thousands to keep the platform going.

Did you even read the OP CMC? I'm pretty sure you didn't or you'd not have made this post as it basically is saying what I already stated in the op, or the entire concept of my OP went right over your head, but thanks for the input.

I read it, and unfortunately I don't agree with your assesment. No offense, but it seems like your trying to project your experiences and opinion as fact. Saying that we should think this or know that, because you said so, is a little off the wall.

What I don't get, is that you admit that you enjoyed Home while you were on, but now regret and come to all these conclusions after the fact. Your OP is so opinionated, you should submit it to HSM.

It's unfortunate that you look back on 5 years of use with such a sour note, but I'd suspect that most view and will view Home in a different way, not only while they use it now, but when it's said and done.

"You all know how the vast majority of home users are"

"The rest are just kids that are bored and looking for something.... ANYTHING to do."

"The vast majority of the people on there are kids, we just found a way to enjoy home while among the children of psh."

"Home isn't for adults! It uses a system of addictional traits like collecting stuff and takes advantage of you."

"You all, including myself have basically funded a virtual childrens playground for 5+ years without even knowing it all based on addiction, ocd, loneliness, and more."

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 99 (405 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Jun 12, 2014
OP needs to speak for himself. Home didn't make almost all of his friends shun him. He did that to himself when he made the decision to keep lying to them for nearly 5 years straight.

I'd wager that the OP's current opinion about Home started the moment he finally came out with the truth.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Do you remember what today is , Jack?"
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 99 (383 Views)
Limit Breaker
16533 posts

Jun 12, 2014

LightningEmotion wrote:
OP needs to speak for himself. Home didn't make almost all of his friends shun him. He did that to himself when he made the decision to keep lying to them for nearly 5 years straight.

I'd wager that the OP's current opinion about Home started the moment he finally came out with the truth.

I really don't like it when people turn on Home because they had a bad experience with friends. Home did not cause the issues and it's common to see people turn after they have left. In this case it looks like there were no happy endings but how many good times were had before the break away? I do hope that bridges can be mended for those involved. Friends are important.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 99 (373 Views)
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jun 12, 2014

Jersquall wrote:

LightningEmotion wrote:

I really don't like it when people turn on Home because they had a bad experience with friends. Home did not cause the issues and it's common to see people turn after they have left. In this case it looks like there were no happy endings but how many good times were had before the break away? I do hope that bridges can be mended for those involved. Friends are important.

Friends are important, but do you really know who your friends are and they aren't just users.  Having a full list of friends on your PSN, isn't impressive and it's crazy. Friends take advatantage of you, especially on Home, because you have a big heart and trust people.  Home does certainly cause issues with friends, especially with relationships.  I'll keep those personal thoughts to myself because I know how they go and dont wanna upset anyone.  

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 99 (363 Views)
Welcoming Committee
3636 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2014

hellokittyxo wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

hellokittyxo

I just wonder, 6 months after home closes it's doors and you look back, will you see it the same as me?

________________________________________________________________________________

Absolutely NOT!  You live, you learn, you move on - I have no regrets, plenty of good memories and met some wonderful people and just from NA.  I have Japanese friends, EU friends, Canadian ect and had it not been for Home I prolly would have never met them.  The argument could be made that I could have met them while online gaming, BUT Home provided a platform to really get to know them in a social environment unlike any other I have ever seen.  

Ummmm, yeah, but for you to sit here and speak about what you'll regret in 6 months is rediculous. You don't know if you'll regret it in 6 months unless you can see the future. So basically, your post is thrown out the window as you're trying to give examples of how you'll not regret before you're given the chance to have that feeling. Sorry, maybe post about how you feel 6 months after home closes and then we'll believe it. 

Neither is your OP kitty!  Or did Home shut down 6 months ago and I was not aware of this?  Your OP was based on your opinion over the past 5 years and MINE was based over the past 2 1/2 years I've been on Home.  Home doesnt need to be shut down for me know how I feel about the past.... Do I?  

Just cause you lived the past 5 years in a state of Home psychosis doesnt mean everyone who uses Home is the same.  That's the same rediculous mentality that some have where they stereotype others that use the service, but dont know a thing about them.  So if I give you my opinion based on the same merits of your own OP you should not be so quick to tell me how I feel and maybe if you STOPPED living in that past you could enjoy what time we have left on Home without continuously making a fool of yourself.  

Embrace Tomorrow
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 99 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

Jun 13, 2014

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

hellokittyxo wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

hellokittyxo

I just wonder, 6 months after home closes it's doors and you look back, will you see it the same as me?

________________________________________________________________________________

Absolutely NOT!  You live, you learn, you move on - I have no regrets, plenty of good memories and met some wonderful people and just from NA.  I have Japanese friends, EU friends, Canadian ect and had it not been for Home I prolly would have never met them.  The argument could be made that I could have met them while online gaming, BUT Home provided a platform to really get to know them in a social environment unlike any other I have ever seen.  

Ummmm, yeah, but for you to sit here and speak about what you'll regret in 6 months is rediculous. You don't know if you'll regret it in 6 months unless you can see the future. So basically, your post is thrown out the window as you're trying to give examples of how you'll not regret before you're given the chance to have that feeling. Sorry, maybe post about how you feel 6 months after home closes and then we'll believe it. 

Neither is your OP kitty!  Or did Home shut down 6 months ago and I was not aware of this?  Your OP was based on your opinion over the past 5 years and MINE was based over the past 2 1/2 years I've been on Home.  Home doesnt need to be shut down for me know how I feel about the past.... Do I?  

Just cause you lived the past 5 years in a state of Home psychosis doesnt mean everyone who uses Home is the same.  That's the same rediculous mentality that some have where they stereotype others that use the service, but dont know a thing about them.  So if I give you my opinion based on the same merits of your own OP you should not be so quick to tell me how I feel and maybe if you STOPPED living in that past you could enjoy what time we have left on Home without continuously making a fool of yourself.  

again, your post has no merit as you haven't been completely away from home for 6 months and I have. Very nice speech though TSU, can't wait to see what you have to say 6 months after you stop using home. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 99 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

Jun 13, 2014

LightningEmotion wrote:

Who's talking about friends shunning me? i'm talking about the home experience, you're talking about the friends aspect which has nothing to do with my Op. 6 months later *AFTER THE TRUTH CAME OUT and I'm happy it came out. I wish I had done it early. 

You're trying to personalize this as a few of you are, and that's not where this OP is coming from at all. I could have been a male avatar and the same exact OP would hold true, I think a bunch of you are in denial. 

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 99 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

Jun 13, 2014

Jersquall wrote:

LightningEmotion wrote:

This isn't me turning on home either Jers, this is me speaking the truth. 6 months after home closes you may stay in contact with some of your friends from home, but all of them? most likely not. Home was and for those of you still using it, IS fun. I'm not denying that it's fun. I'm simply saying that after some time passes and you've all adjusted to life without PSH, your outlook most likely will change when you realize you spent a few thousand dollars, and possibly way too much time on Entertainment rather than doing things that could have bettered your lives like go to college, go to the gym, go out and experience real life, spend more time with your real family than home friends. From my experience, regardless of how it ended, I look back and think, wow, I spent how many years and how many thousand of dollars and how much time a day on home when I could have gone and gotten a degree in college?! I could have spent more time with my significant other? etc etc. 

I'm willing to bet with quite a few of you, that if you have real life relationships, at some point, you've had some sort of a disagreement with your wife or husband about either how much you spend on home, how much time you spend on home, how you're addicted to home. You may not know it, but you're quite possibly having fun on home at the expense of something much more important. That's what you may REGRET when it's all over. 

Like Geez, I can't believe I let my real life fall apart so much because I spent so much of my energy on a virtual environment. I can't guarantee anything, but I'm willing to bet at least half of the home forum users are going to feel a little silly looking back. 

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 99 (274 Views)