Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcoming Committee
4010 posts

Re: Home really is For children and possibly more

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2014

What I got out of this thread: "Thank you to all those who have supported Home with your purchases allowing Home to continue to remain free to enjoy for people of ALL ages (13 and up)!"

You are welcome. :smileywink:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 99 (331 Views)
Survivor
1317 posts

Jun 12, 2014

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

hellokittyxo

I just wonder, 6 months after home closes it's doors and you look back, will you see it the same as me?

________________________________________________________________________________

Absolutely NOT!  You live, you learn, you move on - I have no regrets, plenty of good memories and met some wonderful people and just from NA.  I have Japanese friends, EU friends, Canadian ect and had it not been for Home I prolly would have never met them.  The argument could be made that I could have met them while online gaming, BUT Home provided a platform to really get to know them in a social environment unlike any other I have ever seen.  

Ummmm, yeah, but for you to sit here and speak about what you'll regret in 6 months is rediculous. You don't know if you'll regret it in 6 months unless you can see the future. So basically, your post is thrown out the window as you're trying to give examples of how you'll not regret before you're given the chance to have that feeling. Sorry, maybe post about how you feel 6 months after home closes and then we'll believe it. 

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 99 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

Jun 12, 2014

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

hellokittyxo

I just wonder, 6 months after home closes it's doors and you look back, will you see it the same as me?

________________________________________________________________________________

Absolutely NOT!  You live, you learn, you move on - I have no regrets, plenty of good memories and met some wonderful people and just from NA.  I have Japanese friends, EU friends, Canadian ect and had it not been for Home I prolly would have never met them.  The argument could be made that I could have met them while online gaming, BUT Home provided a platform to really get to know them in a social environment unlike any other I have ever seen.  

Most if not all of my friends are adults although I never ask anyone their age. Perhaps it's who I select given they need to behave and have mature attitudes before I'd consider adding them to my list. Granted there are a lot of kids using the service but it's really hard to know what the percentages are.

And yes Home is special and has been special especially when it comes to meeting people from all around the world. International spaces like FEVA, E3 and others brought many cultures together from all over the world. 

Everyone moves on in life at some point. We graduate, change jobs, get married and so on. It's an evolution which is just part of life. We find new things to do and that isn't necessary a bad thing. 

Yes, as per the OP, you gravitate towards other adults. We really are the minority on there, even if you can't find actual percentages, if the adults on there are acting like children, they you prob should just consider them children given they're using a mind that thinks like a child. You're only as old as you feel, right?

As far as moving on, yes, we all move on in life, it doesn't mean we don't have regrets. You only will know you have them when and if home closes down and months down the line you think back on your experiences. Until then, it's all just guessing how you'll feel.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 99 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

Jun 12, 2014

JulianMatisse wrote:

What I got out of this thread: "Thank you to all those who have supported Home with your purchases allowing Home ot continue to remain free to enjoy for people of ALL ages (13 and up)!"

Obviously that's only part of it, but with all these other threads complaining about the behavior of So many people on home, and the idea that home was built mostly for children, and funded by adults that also enjoyed it. People just kind of need to stop complaining about how home is when it comes to the behavioral side, because we know what we're getting into. I'd be like if you went and hung out at a elementary school lunch room because you wanted to eat school hamburgers ( or whatever they serve lol I had cold lunch as a kid :/ ) and you complained that the kids were basically...... acting like .... kids!

If funding home is something you take enjoyment out of it's fine, like I said, I enjoyed home, almost too much, for almost 5 years. I'm not saying adults can't use home and have fun. I'm simply saying that the target audience of home is most likely on the younger end of that 13 and up, rather than the older. 

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 99 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4010 posts

Jun 12, 2014

hellokittyxo wrote:

JulianMatisse wrote:

What I got out of this thread: "Thank you to all those who have supported Home with your purchases allowing Home ot continue to remain free to enjoy for people of ALL ages (13 and up)!"

Obviously that's only part of it, but with all these other threads complaining about the behavior of So many people on home, and the idea that home was built mostly for children, and funded by adults that also enjoyed it. People just kind of need to stop complaining about how home is when it comes to the behavioral side, because we know what we're getting into. I'd be like if you went and hung out at a elementary school lunch room because you wanted to eat school hamburgers ( or whatever they serve lol I had cold lunch as a kid :/ ) and you complained that the kids were basically...... acting like .... kids!

If funding home is something you take enjoyment out of it's fine, like I said, I enjoyed home, almost too much, for almost 5 years. I'm not saying adults can't use home and have fun. I'm simply saying that the target audience of home is most likely on the younger end of that 13 and up, rather than the older. 

So... there are more 13 year olds, than 105 year olds on Home?! :smileysurprised: 

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 99 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

Jun 12, 2014

JulianMatisse wrote:

hellokittyxo wrote:

JulianMatisse wrote:

So... there are more 13 year olds, than 105 year olds on Home?! :smileysurprised: 

now who's being a troll?

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 99 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4010 posts

Jun 12, 2014

hellokittyxo wrote:

JulianMatisse wrote:

hellokittyxo wrote:

JulianMatisse wrote:

now who's being a troll?

Aww, don't be that way, Kitty. I never said you were being a troll... did I? I don't think I did. Anyway, I was just trying to be funny. Lighten the mood a bit around here, you know? It been kind of sad and depressing lately. 

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 99 (301 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5375 posts

Jun 12, 2014

hellokittyxo wrote:
 I'm simply saying that the target audience of home is most likely on the younger end of that 13 and up, rather than the older. 

You couldn't be further from the truth. I don't know too many 13+ year olds that spend thousands to keep the platform going.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 99 (292 Views)
Survivor
1317 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2014

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

hellokittyxo wrote:
 I'm simply saying that the target audience of home is most likely on the younger end of that 13 and up, rather than the older. 

You couldn't be further from the truth. I don't know too many 13+ year olds that spend thousands to keep the platform going.

you mean the developers created stuff for people that are older to buy. Did you even read the OP CMC? I'm pretty sure you didn't or you'd not have made this post as it basically is saying what I already stated in the op, or the entire concept of my OP went right over your head, but thanks for the input.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 99 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

Jun 12, 2014

JulianMatisse wrote:

hellokittyxo wrote:

JulianMatisse wrote:

hellokittyxo wrote:

JulianMatisse wrote:

now who's being a troll?

Aww, don't be that way, Kitty. I never said you were being a troll... did I? I don't think I did. Anyway, I was just trying to be funny. Lighten the mood a bit around here, you know? It been kind of sad and depressing lately. 

I understand jules, but trying to derail a thread through any means, even if it's humor, is still trying to derail a thread. I'm sure there are other less serious threads you can go play in. 

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 99 (268 Views)
0 Likes