Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
77 posts
 

Re: Home on the Playstation 4

Aug 11, 2012

Jim777 wrote:

theFuturemembers wrote:

Jim777 wrote:

strider367 wrote:

Why are people always bringing this up. You know there still making PS2's correct. You know they will be making PS3's till 2015 maybe even longer correct. So why are you people talking about a system that not even scheduled for 2013? So why would Home be any different when they do release this PS4? Do they want to alienate the entire Home community which will kill it in the short run. Please people get real...


The PS4 will be announced at E3 2013 and launched later that year or early in 2014, PSN as we know it will be shut down most likely within 5 years of the PS4 being on the market. (Using Xbox Live as an example)

 

So if they keep the PS3 verson up for the entiretly of PS3's PSN the absoulte longest you will see Home is 2019. However it could be much much shorter, we have no precident on when Sony will ax the defunct systems online services. 

 

This generation has gone on for far far to long as it is, the PS4 is around the cornor. 




 

Why would PSN be shut down after the release of the PS4?

 

"as we know it"?  So then, what is it going to turn into?

 

 


To get people to buy the PS4 and stop supporting a dead platform. Same reason they wont make Ps3 games after the PS4 launches (minus a brief transition period where you will probably see PS3/PS4 games) 

 

As in they shut down the servers supportin PSN on PS3 and focus on the PSN on PS4. Again like how MS shut down Live for Xbox 5 years after 360 came out. 


 

Much better.

 

Excellent explaination :smileyhappy:

 

 

Message 71 of 3,033 (647 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/27/2009
Offline
2954 posts
 

Re: Home on the Playstation 4

Aug 11, 2012

If what you say is true. Sony corp would really like to know where you got your information from. In fact I'm sure they would send the FBI to your house as well to find out how you know this. Because corporate spying is against the law if you didn't know. So do us all a favor and don't make up tales you can't back up.  Reality is they could release this tomorrow if they wanted to. One thing I'll tell you is a fact. The minute Xbox says they are releasing their 720. The next day Sony will make their announcement on the ps4...

 


Jim777 wrote:

strider367 wrote:

Why are people always bringing this up. You know there still making PS2's correct. You know they will be making PS3's till 2015 maybe even longer correct. So why are you people talking about a system that not even scheduled for 2013? So why would Home be any different when they do release this PS4? Do they want to alienate the entire Home community which will kill it in the short run. Please people get real...


The PS4 will be announced at E3 2013 and launched later that year or early in 2014, PSN as we know it will be shut down most likely within 5 years of the PS4 being on the market. (Using Xbox Live as an example)

 

So if they keep the PS3 verson up for the entiretly of PS3's PSN the absoulte longest you will see Home is 2019. However it could be much much shorter, we have no precident on when Sony will ax the defunct systems online services. 

 

This generation has gone on for far far to long as it is, the PS4 is around the cornor. 


 



AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................





Message 72 of 3,033 (644 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 07/10/2008
Offline
10807 posts
 

Re: Home on the Playstation 4

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2012

strider367 wrote:

If what you say is true. Sony corp would really like to know where you got your information from. In fact I'm sure they would send the FBI to your house as well to find out how you know this. Because corporate spying is against the law if you didn't know. So do us all a favor and don't make up tales you can't back up.  Reality is they could release this tomorrow if they wanted to. One thing I'll tell you is a fact. The minute Xbox says they are releasing their 720. The next day Sony will make their announcement on the ps4...

 


I got my info from common sense. This generation has gone on far to long, many in the industry pointing out that the lack of new hardware is harming the industry and holding games back. The PS3 is already 7 years old, much much longer then any generation before it. 
The longer they wait to update the more users go to PC because it is up to date and provides a much better expiriance, and its getting cheap to do so by the day. Also the WiiU is coming soon and that is going to draw people away from Sony.
Let me put it this way if they don't announce and release a new console in the next 2 years Sony will no longer be making consoles.

This is all common sense anyone with a basic understanding of this industry will tell you.


@Jim777PS
Message 73 of 3,033 (639 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
77 posts
 

Re: Home on the Playstation 4

Aug 11, 2012

Jim777 wrote:

strider367 wrote:

If what you say is true. Sony corp would really like to know where you got your information from. In fact I'm sure they would send the FBI to your house as well to find out how you know this. Because corporate spying is against the law if you didn't know. So do us all a favor and don't make up tales you can't back up.  Reality is they could release this tomorrow if they wanted to. One thing I'll tell you is a fact. The minute Xbox says they are releasing their 720. The next day Sony will make their announcement on the ps4...

 


I got my info from common sense. This generation has gone on far to long, many in the industry pointing out that the lack of new hardware is harming the industry and holding games back. The PS3 is already 7 years old, much much longer then any generation before it. 
The longer they wait to update the more users go to PC because it is up to date and provides a much better expiriance, and its getting cheap to do so by the day. Also the WiiU is coming soon and that is going to draw people away from Sony.
Let me put it this way if they don't announce and release a new console in the next 2 years Sony will no longer be making consoles.

This is all common sense anyone with a basic understanding of this industry will tell you.


Right on!

 

Common sense is always welcome in the playstation Home forums!

 

:smileyvery-happy:

Message 74 of 3,033 (630 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/27/2009
Offline
2954 posts
 

Re: Home on the Playstation 4

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2012

Jim did you read the latest Sony interview about the console? That developers haven't even come close bringing the ps3 to its full potential? That the developers are not in any rush to make games for the next generation of consoles. Since they have so much room to work with what they have now. Retooling an industry is not fun for everybody in the business.

 

I understand what you mean by common sense. But there is another word that seems to fit better. You were assuming and you know what happens when you assume..

 

To the person who brought up xbox shutting down the original xbox after 5 years. You have to understand the only reason why the 360 was even made was to leap frog over the ps2. Guess what the original 360 was a very bad design. I know I went through 13 xbox's in 18 months. My point is they were going for sales not a better experience for us...



AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................





Message 75 of 3,033 (626 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
77 posts
 

Re: Home on the Playstation 4

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2012

strider367 wrote:

Jim did you read the latest Sony interview about the console? That developers haven't even come close bringing the ps3 to its full potential? That the developers are not in any rush to make games for the next generation of consoles. Since they have so much room to work with what they have now. Retooling an industry is not fun for everybody in the business.

 

I understand what you mean by common sense. But there is another word that seems to fit better. You were assuming and you know what happens when you assume...


From my understanding the actual hardware layout of the physical PS3 creates a "bottleneck" between it's cell processor and memory.

 

Good ahead correct me if I'm wrong on this, but I do believe this to be a fact about the PS3.

 

Therefore, Playstaion Home itself is limited on the PS3, perhaps this is why more improvements are not done in Home, since on the PS3 it isn't possible?

 

So they are waiting to improve Home on the PS4?

 

 

Message 76 of 3,033 (610 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 07/10/2008
Offline
10807 posts
 

Re: Home on the Playstation 4

Aug 11, 2012

strider367 wrote:

Jim did you read the latest Sony interview about the console? That developers haven't even come close bringing the ps3 to its full potential? That the developers are not in any rush to make games for the next generation of consoles. Since they have so much room to work with what they have now. Retooling an industry is not fun for everybody in the business.

 

I understand what you mean by common sense. But there is another word that seems to fit better. You were assuming and you know what happens when you assume...



That is hilarious. The PS3 is 7 year old tech.

 

Skryim looks terrible on PS3 barely able to render shadows a few feet in front, and unable to render more then half a dozen trees at once. Mass Effect 3 could not have a hoster weapon option because of a memroy issue on the PS3. Dawnguard has been dealyed becaus it does not run well on the PS3. 

 

The limits where reached a long time ago. Games like God of War, Uncharted  and the Last of us are showing the absolute limit of the hardware and that i becaus they are 1st party who dont have to worry about other platforms. For 3rd party the 360 and PS3 have easily peaked. 

 

And hardware is more then graphics, how about the lack of PSN functionality? My phone has twice as much RAM as my PlayStation. Lack of RAM is the primary hamstring in PSN, things like in game music, cross game voice chat etc all need more RAM then the PS3 can offer.

 

The Vita is more powerful then the PS3 in this regard. 

 

But this is irrelvent, we are taling about Home not the next console generatoin. 


@Jim777PS
Message 77 of 3,033 (608 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/27/2009
Online
2459 posts
 

Re: Home on the Playstation 4

Aug 11, 2012

theFuturemembers wrote:

Do you think that we as Sony customers deserve a heads up on what will happen on the PS4 for Home at least?

 

1) Would you buy a Playstation 4 if you found out that Playstation Home WILL NOT be on the PS4? 

 

:smileyfrustrated:

 

Kid: I don't know. I have become attached to HOME.

 

2) How would you react if your personal space and wardrobe purchases were NOT available when using PS Home on the Playstation 4? 

 

Kid: I want my Log Cabin :smileyfrustrated:

 

3) Should Sony give you a credit for your purchases (keep in mind, they have NO LEGAL obligation to do this) in Playstation Home from the PS3 if they will NOT TRANSFER to PS Home on the Playstation 4?

 

Kid No, but it would be appreciated.

 

4) Would you be inclined to use Playstation Home on the PS4 if NO REWARDS will transfer from the PS3 Home?

 

Kid: ?

 

5) Would it bother you if PS Home was split into 2 worlds?  PS Home on the Playstation 3 and PS Home on the Playstation 4.

 

I would expect that to happen depending on what SONY wants to do with Home.

 

6) What is your preference if Home does not fully transfer to the Playstation 4?  A credit in Home on the PS4?  Or unique replacement rewards for those rewards and/or purchases that could NOT TRANSFER from the PS3 Home?

 

:smileyindifferent:

 

Kid: credit

 

7) How much have you invested in Playstation Home?  Your best guess.

 

Been on Home since 2009 so guess at $5.00/week, maybe more. Some times less. 

 

This thread is intended as a general discussion for Home's future on the Playstation 4. 

 

If you are going to be negative about Playstation Home in this thread, make sure that you state an approximate amount of how much that you have spent in Playstation Home, including your parents and/or friends credit card(s), if that applies for you.  Those who spend little to nothing on Playstation Home are welcome in this discussion, but keep in mind that many many people do spend a lot on Playstation Home, and for even those of you who don't, but still play PS Home, you do have rewards that you spent your time earning, so everybody here has a right to know or at least help Sony and the future of Home know how we feel and what we expect and/or would like to see if/when PS Home is on the Playstation 4.

 


 

 


 

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums



Message 78 of 3,033 (603 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/27/2009
Offline
2954 posts
 

Re: Home on the Playstation 4

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2012

Skyrim looks bad because that what the developer made. A crappy game with horrible graphics blame them. It had nothing to do with the console. The ps3 has reach it limits? Your assuming again. Why would they get rid of Home there making a lot of money right? If they plan on keeping Home in the ps4. They would have to update it here as well. Because people do not run out and buy new consoles all at once. The transition would take 3 years. That's without assuming...

 


Jim777 wrote:

strider367 wrote:

Jim did you read the latest Sony interview about the console? That developers haven't even come close bringing the ps3 to its full potential? That the developers are not in any rush to make games for the next generation of consoles. Since they have so much room to work with what they have now. Retooling an industry is not fun for everybody in the business.

 

I understand what you mean by common sense. But there is another word that seems to fit better. You were assuming and you know what happens when you assume...

 

To the person who brought up xbox shutting down the original xbox after 5 years. You have to understand the only reason why the 360 was even made was to leap frog over the ps2. Guess what the original 360 was a very bad design. I know I went through 13 xbox's in 18 months. My point is they were going for sales not a better experience for us...



That is hilarious. The PS3 is 7 year old tech.

 

Skryim looks terrible on PS3 barely able to render shadows a few feet in front, and unable to render more then half a dozen trees at once. Mass Effect 3 could not have a hoster weapon option because of a memroy issue on the PS3. Dawnguard has been dealyed becaus it does not run well on the PS3. 

 

The limits where reached a long time ago. Games like God of War, Uncharted  and the Last of us are showing the absolute limit of the hardware and that i becaus they are 1st party who dont have to worry about other platforms. For 3rd party the 360 and PS3 have easily peaked. 

 

And hardware is more then graphics, how about the lack of PSN functionality? My phone has twice as much RAM as my PlayStation. Lack of RAM is the primary hamstring in PSN, things like in game music, cross game voice chat etc all need more RAM then the PS3 can offer.

 

The Vita is more powerful then the PS3 in this regard. 

 

But this is irrelvent, we are taling about Home not the next console generatoin. 


 



AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................





Message 79 of 3,033 (600 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 07/10/2008
Offline
10807 posts
 

Re: Home on the Playstation 4

Aug 11, 2012

Kid_Fleetfoot wrote:

 

Been on Home since 2009 so guess at $5.00/week, maybe more. Some times less. 



Quck math time go!

 

364 days in a year X 3 years = 1092 days / 7 days in a week = 156 weeks x $5 = $780 

 

And some people are saying they spend upwards of 2-3k in Home....this scares me a bit 


@Jim777PS
Message 80 of 3,033 (599 Views)