Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
32681 posts

Re: Home on PS4.

Jul 13, 2012

jimmynet wrote:

Haa!

Are trying to get my opinion removed from the thread?

ok, In my opinion of the OP "I doubt that will happen anytime soon... Licensing and contract issue will stall the (***4 letter word***) out of it......."

BTW your comment is off the topic as well....

the_original_se wrote:

jimmynet wrote:

I doubt that will happen anytime soon... Licensing and contract issue will stall the (***4 letter word***) out of it.......

the_original_se wrote:

i could care less about anything else as long as theres no region locks.

of course it wont happen anytime soon, but this topic isnt about what will happen soon, its about what we would like to see in the Home on the PS4. :smileytongue:

lol wut?

Message 31 of 3,033 (1,232 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
3680 posts

Jul 13, 2012

Home on PS4 would be great, but how would that be fare to PS3 owners that can't afford the PS4 system?  If home would be put on PS4, it couldn't improve graphics much more.  I believe it's run on the hovac engine and that is a good one.  The grapics/animation would have to improve to the ps3 spec.  The PS4 is going to be a lot more wider in graphic design then the PS3.

Message 32 of 3,033 (1,220 Views)
Gaming Beast
1927 posts

Jul 13, 2012

This comment is a response to a question..

Whenever someone says  "off the topic" or similar basically means they reported your comment and asked the mods to remove it..

This comment is a response the OP..

BTW  In my opinion of the OP "I doubt that will happen anytime soon... Licensing and contract issue will stall the (***4 letter word***) out of it......."

the_original_se wrote:

jimmynet wrote:

Haa!

ok, In my opinion of the OP "I doubt that will happen anytime soon... Licensing and contract issue will stall the (***4 letter word***) out of it......."

the_original_se wrote:

jimmynet wrote:

I doubt that will happen anytime soon... Licensing and contract issue will stall the (***4 letter word***) out of it.......

the_original_se wrote:

of course it wont happen anytime soon, but this topic isnt about what will happen soon, its about what we would like to see in the Home on the PS4. :smileytongue:

lol wut?

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 33 of 3,033 (1,215 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32681 posts

Jul 13, 2012

jimmynet wrote:

This comment is a response to a question..

Whenever someone says  "off the topic" or similar basically means they reported your comment and asked the mods to remove it..

This comment is a response the OP..

BTW  In my opinion of the OP "I doubt that will happen anytime soon... Licensing and contract issue will stall the (***4 letter word***) out of it......."

the_original_se wrote:

jimmynet wrote:

Haa!

the_original_se wrote:

jimmynet wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

lol wut?

i dont understand what is happening here. why are you so upset?

all i did was respond to your post and you freaked out mumbling stuff about me getting your opinion removed from the thread.

Message 34 of 3,033 (1,204 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1882 posts

Jul 13, 2012

Streaming from your hard drive (will we still have a HD on PS4?) will never happen. Sony's is a firece advocate of copyrigths laws/rules.

Waiting time for download? They will probably make it just as big (long to DL) as your willing to wait... So i dont see much change happening there

Graphics will be better. Item limits and all that is link to memory will be much better/higher. Hopefully customizable wardrobe...

But thats all techical babbles...

Really what i want is some consideration for the money i already put on this account. Give me some returns, anything! If i'm told to start from nothing on a PsHome v2.0 i will be really really really really disapointed. I'm a loyal customer but the day i turn my back on you. Dont expect any return business.

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 35 of 3,033 (1,196 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1927 posts

Jul 13, 2012

Bambi-01us wrote:

Home on PS4 would be great, but how would that be fare to PS3 owners that can't afford the PS4 system? Of course not but they don't care its about $$$

If home would be put on PS4, it couldn't improve graphics much more.  I believe it's run on the hovac engine and that is a good one.

It is open the nav -> Help -> About PlayStationHome -> "havok"

The grapics/animation would have to improve to the ps3 spec.  The PS4 is going to be a lot more wider in graphic design then the PS3. 3D, it's another stepping stone for Sony.... Sony TV's as well as the next gen PS4 gaming which in my opinion wont be backward compatible... They need money...

Message 36 of 3,033 (1,195 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1927 posts

Jul 13, 2012
Bingo! You lost all your BETA gooodies.............. Yup, we all gonnna bite the bullet and loose big when v2.0 comes out..
These are my opinion on the topic....... and a reply to someone also on topic........

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

Really what i want is some consideration for the money i already put on this account. Give me some returns, anything! If i'm told to start from nothing on a PsHome v2.0 i will be really really really really disapointed. I'm a loyal customer but the day i turn my back on you. Dont expect any return business.

Message 37 of 3,033 (1,192 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Jul 13, 2012

Bambi-01us wrote:

Home on PS4 would be great, but how would that be fare to PS3 owners that can't afford the PS4 system?  If home would be put on PS4, it couldn't improve graphics much more.  I believe it's run on the hovac engine and that is a good one.  The grapics/animation would have to improve to the ps3 spec.  The PS4 is going to be a lot more wider in graphic design then the PS3.

I'm going to wait a solid year, perhaps two, specifically for releases, price drops, and later versions.  That is, of course, unless they release an affordable and reliable system the first gen with an impressive library - also at reduced cost, that first gen.

Which they won't.  I guess those days are gone.

Well, my thoughts on how the PS4 will work is it'll be the middle stage of a transition into a primary digital platform.  The PS4 will do everything it can do now (please give us Word and a good browser), but what will really make it impressive is the games and it's ability to "link" with other nearby Sony products.

The games are going to be fantastic.  Sony's dropping the complicated processor concept and is going to hit us with something that devs can really sink their teeth into.  No more complaining about how hard it is to work on your console, the PS4 is going to be dev's dream.  Still, what they are going to do this next gen, is cut back a LOT on the number of discs made.  What that will accomplish is making these discs keep a certain value they can base the digital release for.  Also, this won't be just a Sony thing; I believe this will be a standard across the board.

What this means is the days of great $20 disc games on Amazon may be coming to a close, as well as quite a number of used game stores.  Expect the price of your average disc-style game to forever hover around $29.99.  Of course, you are also gaining the quickest and most efficient way of getting your grubby little paws on it, so maybe the few extra bucks is worth it?

Home on the PS4.  You know, I have no idea, but I suspect that Home will carry over like nothing while Sony slowly moves like the blob into the next gen.  A blob fat on mayo.

Message 38 of 3,033 (1,183 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
580 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2012

If the Sony engineers can't get their act together with fixing the present day Home's net code problems, I really don't think they'll manage much better with a new version of Home. They may up the graphical fidelity, but because of those higher graphics, we'll be right back at the same item limit and loading times etc.

I'd prefer they concentrate on making the CURRENT version of Home reach its full, stable potential rather than repeating all the same mistakes of over reaching the abilities of the hardware like they have done on PS3. They'll likely overreach again on PS4 and spend years trying to reach unattainable goals. I'm a realist. New hardware will not magically solve all of Home's current problems. If basic things like netcode are still a problem, they'll continue to be a problem with PS4 but the developer's time will be spent coding fancy graphics rather than solving basic connection issues. Better to make what we already have finally work properly (no disconnects or freezes, fast loading), rather than creating a whole new bug ridden engine that takes 3 years to realize half of its original promised potential. The obvious upside to this approach is we get to keep our items and spaces.

Message 39 of 3,033 (1,199 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6424 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2012

I think they will just move everything to the other  console( meaning you can play on both with every thing intact or purchashed).  That would make more sence and everybody happy...

As far features.. Thats not my call . 

Ill stick to paying.playing and watch and see what happen. .:smileyhappy:

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 40 of 3,033 (1,168 Views)