Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Limit Breaker
16319 posts

Re: Home on PS4.

Dec 27, 2013

Sony Announces Playstation Meeting 2013 for February 20th, PS4 announced. No word on Home for PS4.

Nine months later the Playstation 4 has officially launched on November 15th in North America, as well as on November 29th in Europe. No word on Home for PS4.

If the traffic numbers are consistant as well the sales then it screams port or rebuild on PS4. The Adventure District took a great deal longer to finish because the developer who worked on it took a special interest in making it eye candy special. His best work if you ask me. Big if but if it does go to PS4 then I hope Sony takes the time to create something worthy of the console specs and adds what is already built for PS3.

Home would need something new to attract new users or it's just going to be that old Home. Many would be fine with that but again it's a business and new sells. It would not take much and it can be done. Game developers take old games and convert to HD and they sell like.. pickles. (hot cakes). So, Either it will be or it will not but as mentioned above the people are still asking. You know Sony keeps everything secret for business reasons and not saying either way is what it is. Awesome if Home lives on in both systems and disapointing if Home does not get the chance to expand and grow on the developer friendly PS4.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 2011 of 3,013 (393 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5226 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2013
No Jers, that is where they already went wrong. They had the gamers captured to begin with then it changed and the new concept ran off the original customers by turning it into a platform that supports more secondlife runaways than the gamers looking for something to play.

The only way home will EVER increase its popularity at this point, would be to go back to its roots and bring back the audience that buys game consoles.. "Gamers".

The activity spike that happened while the quest for greatness was promoted on the ps3's launch screen should be plenty of proof of that.
Please use plain text.
Message 2012 of 3,013 (384 Views)
Limit Breaker
16319 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
No Jers, that is where they already went wrong. They had the gamers captured to begin with then it changed and the new concept ran off the original customers by turning it into a platform that supports more secondlife runaways than the gamers looking for something to play.

The only way home will EVER increase its popularity at this point, would be to go back to its roots and bring back the audience that buys game consoles.. "Gamers".

The Hub was created for that one purpose. It failed. Mercia failed. So much so that Mercia didn't even get updates to fix it's issues. Beautiful soundtrack by the way in that game. The problem was gamers didn't care to play as Home avatars because they couldn't match real game play. That said imagine playing a whole real level of the Walking Dead with it's charater avatar in Home heck even game launch in to it on Sony servers. Sell the game  level like that.

If you want gamers then give them what they want and add the goodies around that. Estates, clothing.. items. Am I wrong? 

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 2013 of 3,013 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5226 posts

Dec 28, 2013
You are correct, about mercia but that is because it was created by an infantile third party that had no idea what they were doing at the time (sorry lockwood, you know its true tho) and no idea as to how to fix their mistakes once the game was released to the public.

As for the hub, they should have known better true gamers always have been and always will be nostalgic. Gamers never wanted estates UNLESS THEY HAD GAMES IN THEM! Clothing? Pfffft who cares, this platform is not on facebook, and gamers don't care much for popularity contests, if they did... They would be on facebook instead. Sure some clothing and items help to break up the plain jane feel of things, but it should have never gotten to the point where they release a slew of new dresses, lmo's, dance moves, and tshirts every single week but not take the time to fix the freaking broken games or delete the ones that actually worked perfectly.
Please use plain text.
Message 2014 of 3,013 (370 Views)
Survivor
1604 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 28, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
*A whole lot of stuff*

Gamers want this, gamers want that. Gamers don't want this, that or the other. When was the election held that made you spokesperson for gamers? I must have missed the announcement.

I'm a gamer, Joanna's a gamer, countless others here and on Home are gamers -- and guess what? We like a lot of Home just the way it is. More game content? Some want it, some don't care.

Try speaking just for yourself or maybe say "gamers like myself".

Home will be gone some day, but we don't know when. I intend to enjoy it as long as I can. I hope you do, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 2015 of 3,013 (339 Views)
Sackboy
466 posts

Dec 28, 2013
The people who use Home care about it much more than Sony does. And Sony has shown that time after time.. Will Home be on the PS4? Nope.. Not going to happen..
(And if I'm wrong and it does come to the PS4 I will issue a full apology to everyone)

And before I get flamed by hordes of angry Home users.. Look at the facts..
Home is recieving less and less support from Sony.. Home started with a full staff and in game mods.. Then invisible mods.. Then no mods.. And now there is not even a "Home staff" anymore, no blog posts anymore because of this useless "news reader" that basicly removes any advertising for Home unless you are already on Home.
Developers for Home are moving on to other projects nDreams, LKWD, etc...

Enjoy it on your PS3 while you can because Home will only be around until Sony stops making easy money off it.
Please use plain text.
Message 2016 of 3,013 (301 Views)
Lombax Warrior
72 posts

Dec 28, 2013
This has to be a frustrating topic , but , I wish people would quit posting here unless they really have something that is newsworthy . I know we are all dying for information about Home on PS4 but I really do not think it does any good to bash or complain about Sony or anyone for that matter . This has to be an economic decision , because unfortunately it is probably all about making money . Home is an asset that has value as long as we continue to be on Home and support the merchants . I am not complaining about anyone person , as I totally adore and love everyone of you that care about Home . Just enjoy what you have now and know that both Home and life are short . Be kind , respectful , polite , and loving to everyone and you will enjoy life more and be happier if you have a heart filled with gratitude each day for your blessings . I consider all my friends on Home as a blessing . The people that write on this blog are a blessing . Have a wonderful new year filled with gratitude . Shelley
Please use plain text.
Message 2017 of 3,013 (299 Views)
First Son
7 posts

PS Home for PS4

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2014

It sure would be nice to have playstation home on the PS4..

Edit: Merged similar threads.

Please use plain text.
Message 2018 of 3,013 (214 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5896 posts

Re: PS Home for PS4

Dec 31, 2013

Playstation Home forums are over here.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/bd-p/22046

KANE-FIRE

Twitter  Welcoming Committee [INFO] Dust: An Elysian Tail[INFO] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD[INFO] WWE2K15 [INFO] Resident Evil Revelations 2 [INFO] Resident Evil HD Youtube

Please use plain text.
Message 2019 of 3,013 (193 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: PS Home for PS4

Dec 31, 2013

So PS Home is not on the PS4 yet?  I thought it would be on there.

Please use plain text.
Message 2020 of 3,013 (294 Views)
0 Likes