Welcoming Committee
13042 posts

Re: I got my PS4 today & Home not on there.

Nov 14, 2013

Aeryn_James wrote:
The entire gaminf industry and it's products are a "money market system". You don't get your game for free(usually). You don't get your dlc for free(usually). Just as uou didn't get the console, the electricity to power it. Just as you didn't get the roof to place it under for free.

Like it or not, life is a series of micro trans actions. Life is pay to play.

Why did anyone expect Home to be free?

Because it's an extension of the PS Network that was being advertised to be a way for gamers to connect. Not once did they imply that they would be selling access to things on there.

The clothes, fine. no problem. The little houses, no problem. But spaces where you pay to play? when they could pay a little extra and get a legitimate game.

Bad execution of whatever the plans were. The initial plan of a space for gamers to connect was better than just trying to milk it bone dry. They could have still sold clothes and personal spaces. When the games (Poor quality games) came into it thats when Home started to really suffer and the numbers either started to get smaller or more spread out which either way you look at it led to a worse experience.

Please use plain text.
Message 1241 of 2,957 (311 Views)
Fender Bender
2933 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

potatohead2728 wrote:
face facts. PS Home will be gone soon. Its dead and PS4 for gaming is the future

Your opinion isn't a fact. Good chance you may be right but that's not a certainty. 

If you read the new TOS you'll see a policy change. When paid digital content is removed you will not be compensated. Guess what their talking about here?

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Please use plain text.
Message 1242 of 2,957 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2933 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2013

Aeryn_James wrote:
Sony's management of the console transition in regards to Home has been clearly unprofessional.

The issue at hand could have been easily mitigated by utilizing clear, direct dialogue with it's customer base.

Home on Ps4 or not, I would be weary of engaging in another Sony open project in the future.

The reason their being so sneaky about Home's removal. Is because they don't want to hurt ps4 sales. Once they get their projected sales in. Home is doomed, well actually its been doomed for over 16 months anyway.

Its because they're playing like this. I refuse to have anything to do with this ps4. FYI; Steam console coming next year. If you want a system that's really made for gamers. Steam is the way to go...

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Please use plain text.
Message 1243 of 2,957 (295 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5858 posts

Nov 14, 2013

I hope you'll gain some entertainment out of playing the PlayStation 4, GreyNeo. Sure we're all disappointed that Home didn't make its way on the PS4 at launch, but that doesn't mean it won't be on the new console at a later point because it will have its place. Just relax and let's enjoy for what the PS3 and PS4 has to offer for all of us gamers.

Anyways, enjoy your new console.

Please use plain text.
Message 1244 of 2,957 (293 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Nov 14, 2013

Hopefully Playstation Home will be on PS4 on launch day

Please use plain text.
Message 1245 of 2,957 (274 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Nov 14, 2013

As I've said before, just shutting a huge social service that SCE had created will take a big chunk out of their..uhh..profits? :smileytongue: 

It will also make a lot of users unhappy. angry nonetheless. Why is everyone so negative about it. I'm just really fed up on peoples' defeatist attitudes about Home.

At the slightest bit of a chance Home could end, you negatives just turn around and tell the rest we're doomed. have some hope. :womansad:

besides the point. Home for the PS3 didn't come out (and wasn't even ready) when the console came out. We had 1-2 years of waiting. An article told me Home is expected to be out of beta in 2016.

younginflavor18 wrote:

Sure we're all disappointed that Home didn't make its way on the PS4 at launch, but that doesn't mean it won't be on the new console at a later point because it will have its place. 

marry me.

Please use plain text.
Message 1246 of 2,957 (273 Views)
Survivor
2252 posts

Nov 14, 2013
I dont see the mini games impacting the social environment much, regardless the quality of said games.

I for one have enjoyed some of the mini games. I could list the ones I really enjoy, but that would be subjective.

I do not understand why one would say item based micro transactions are "no problem" but game micro transactions are.

That is just illogical.

When items, events, games, or individuals cropped-up in Home I had no interest in, I simply opt-out of that component of Home.
Please use plain text.
Message 1247 of 2,957 (394 Views)
Survivor
1514 posts

Nov 14, 2013

GreyNeo wrote:

But that doesn't mean it is not going to be. I won my PS4 thru the Taco Bell: Play the Future First Giveaway in early October. My PS4 arrived this morning 11/13/13 and I anxiously set it up. I looked all over and I'm sorry to say I have not seen an app, a slot or space where it could be. It's not in the Playstation Store either. :womansad:

It may show up on Launch Day. Maybe not everything is accessible yet...

I am letdown, but it doesn't mean it wont be there at some point. Just wanted to let everyone know what I didn't see as of today, 11/13/13 and now 11/14/13. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Don't stop using Home, because its not going anywhere for a long time. And Home sales may be the deciding factor if it makes it PS4. :womanhappy:

Hey GreyNeo - Congrats on winning your PS4 via the current Taco Bell promo, as well as being this week's Home Brainiac, btw. Also, thanks for your initial thoughts on the PS4. I'm def. NOT an early adopter and am yet leary of getting the new console when I and my significiant are soooooo far behind in playing not just this year's games, but some oldies, but goodies on my 1st gen. PS3. Like all new machines, there will some hinkiness and I don't expect all the features to be rolled out on the 1st day's release as well.

I'm actually gonna wait this out, be patient, and keep checking the Playstation Store for updates on what Home content is out there, as well as hear what more people have to say about their new PS4s. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1248 of 2,957 (393 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2929 posts

Nov 14, 2013

Solid---Steak wrote:

I didn't realize that Home even had a fanbase. It's crap. I'm sorry, but it is. Atleast from the viewpoint of someone who is a "hardcore gamer" as some say. 

forums.PNG

forums2.PNG

forums3.PNG

forums4.PNG

forums5.PNG

Please use plain text.
Message 1249 of 2,957 (389 Views)
Survivor
2252 posts

Nov 14, 2013
It is utterly irrelevant when individuals try to classify gamers.

I am a happy casual gamer. Most people are.
Please use plain text.
Message 1250 of 2,957 (374 Views)