Lombax Warrior
213 posts

Re: PS4 online will be pay to play, if home...

Oct 26, 2013

About that Plus thing.... has anyone actually taken the time to read through the agreement?

I was thinking of going with Plus, but I wanted to read through the agreement first.  I do that these days, because more and more, companies are being brutal with your information, restrictions and other not-so-nice things.

So I'm reading through this document and without going into details, I clicked Cancel and said to myself, AIN'T NO WAY!!!

There are things in there that you have to agree to in order to sign up that can make your skin crawl.

So I hope that IF BY CHANCE, HOME is on PS4 that it's not based on having to sign up and pay for Plus.

I will say this and I'm curiuos if others are of like mind.

The longer Sony takes to just say, YES OR NO on this subject, the more I"m getting turned off aby the whole dang thing.  To the point where I just won't care anymore and if I do get to that point, NO WAY IN (really hot place) THAT I'LL BUY INTO THE PS4 hype!

Seriously!  There's a point where ENOUGH IS ENOUGH already.  Sony, just let your CUSTOMERS know, YES or NO!  This current marketing strategy of silence is not working for lots of us.  It's a turn off.  :smileyindifferent:

I

Please use plain text.
Message 1081 of 2,957 (279 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29015 posts

Oct 26, 2013

No one knows what streaming Home to PS4 would be like. It's interesting to see this article though.

The PS4 Is a “Supercomputer” 

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/26/the-ps4-is-a-supercomputer-according-to-japanese-regulations-...

Please use plain text.
Message 1082 of 2,957 (251 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
767 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

No one knows what streaming Home to PS4 would be like. It's interesting to see this article though.

The PS4 Is a “Supercomputer” 

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/26/the-ps4-is-a-supercomputer-according-to-japanese-regulations-...

Pretty much means nothing though. As tech advance, so do the line of determining a super computer rises. The PS2 and PS3 where considered as Supercomputer as well during their days also. It was something like the Emotion Engine of the PS2 can't be shipped to some countries because it was considered as a supercomputer and has a chance of it being used for military purpose. Forgot exactly what the reason was for PS3, but I think I remember Sony saying it as a supercomputer when they first introduced it.

Please use plain text.
Message 1083 of 2,957 (237 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29015 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2013

nagon111 wrote:

Pretty much means nothing though. 

Fact of the matter is we really don't know for sure what it means when it comes to Home and potential streaming. I personally find the article interesting and streaming is something that Sony does have planned. 

Whether or not Sony will ever have a network that will be capabie of it is another issue altogether. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1084 of 2,957 (240 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
767 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

nagon111 wrote:

Pretty much means nothing though. 

Fact of the matter is we really don't know for sure what it means when it comes to Home and potential streaming. I personally find the article interesting and streaming is something that Sony does have planned. 

Whether or not Sony will ever have a network that will be capabie of it is another issue altogether. 

Streaming is already possible on the PS3. Just that not many are supported.

And if your talking about Gaikai, it's based on Sony's server using cloud game computing and is suppose to be supported on PS3, PS4, and Vita. The games are run on their servers and the video is streamed to you. So the power of the PS4 means nothing here.

Please use plain text.
Message 1085 of 2,957 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4099 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

The thing about video game streaming and cloud services in general, is it doesn't really matter what device you are using as the real hardware is located server side (in the cloud).  The only device you need is a delivery device - which are very simple low cost devices, and as someone already pointed out, the PS3 is more than capable of doing that.

The complicated part, and why video game streaming has not taken off, is the issue with lag and bandwidth.  Companies like OnLive have tried to deal with that by heavily compressing and lowering data rates, but then this lowers the AV quality of the games.

Is it possible for Sony to stream Home as well as PS3 games (even PS2 and PS1 games) for PS4 users - yes, absolutely.  In fact, if they wanted to they could do that now for PS3 users.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 1086 of 2,957 (333 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5 posts

Home on ps4?

Nov 3, 2013
Are they gonna have it yay or nay?
Please use plain text.
Message 1087 of 2,957 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
7050 posts

Re: Home on ps4?

Nov 3, 2013

doguin wrote:

The answer you seek is here:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Home-on-PS4/td-p/37527577/highlight/true

or maybe not, but I bet you'll be joining those 108 pages of speculation soon enough.

Please use plain text.
Message 1088 of 2,957 (319 Views)
Splicer
46 posts

Nov 3, 2013

doguin wrote:

Yes.

Please use plain text.
Message 1089 of 2,957 (314 Views)
I Only Post Everything
767 posts

Nov 3, 2013

This is probably the best answer you get.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/PlayStation-Home-amp-PS4/td-p/198201...

Whether it does come or not is up in the air until Sony gives the announcement. Still think there's no reason to hold it if they have plans on releasing.

Please use plain text.
Message 1090 of 2,957 (301 Views)