Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2278 posts

Re: MiaWalls comments on Home on PS4!!

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:

We understand that many of you are curious to find out if there are any plans for Home on PS4 but unfortunately we are not in a position to make any announcements at this time. 

It is mind-boggling that with the PS4 coming in less than 2 months, they continue to say this rather than just making the clear and obvious statement that users deserve. They just refuse to understand that CLEAR communication with their customers is what eliminates all of the speculation and frustration. What they think is the best P.R. move, or whatever you want to call it, actually works against them in the end. It's downright scary that a company that has taken such losses for so long can't figure this out.

The bottom line is that Home will have a defined and limited life if it doesn't make it to the PS4--that's inevitable. That's really all people need to know I guess. Each person can make their own decisions from there about how much more they want to invest in it.

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 931 of 3,033 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3362 posts

Sep 26, 2013
Message 931 of 3,033 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3343 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2013

Well what gets me is this. Home on the PS4 has not been as big a discussion topic over in the EU forums as it has been here. We've gotten bored of talking about it at least in the English board and a couple of other ones.

Why all of a sudden bring it up again? The thread could have easily been an announcement thread about all the cool stuff arriving over the next few months. Why throw in that statement about Home and PS4 again? It's only fueling the fire and making things worse.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 933 of 3,033 (358 Views)
Wastelander
522 posts

Sep 26, 2013

I kind of take this as desperate measure and more of damage control from that announcement on Japan and Asia. It probably influenced alot for NA and EU as well and trying whatever they can to keep users from going away.

I see more fuel to fire on "No Home for PS4" and "Home closing soon". Don't think it was a wise decision to do this kind of announcement.

Message 934 of 3,033 (445 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29220 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2013

"We understand that many of you are curious to find out if there are any plans for Home on PS4 but unfortunately we are not in a position to make any announcements at this time. "

Well it is interesting that from her comments it does appear they seem to know what is going to happen. If that's true our Digital Platform managers here would know as well.

Personally I'm not very optimistic it'll make it to PS4 given there has been no news relative to it and it's pretty late in the game. I would prefer a clear statement that they don't know yet or a decision hasn't been made. 

I will agree that MMO's like Final Fantasy are very Home like in many respects and I've been spending a lot of time in them at the moment. 

Message 935 of 3,033 (427 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3343 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2013

Yeah Jo, seems like they have the knowledge of Home's future but not the authority to share it.

I hope it continues to serve on the PS3 and most of that new content makes its way onto the platform. Sounds like anyone wanting to continue to support PS3 Home have good things to look forward to. :cathappy:

Edit: Okay guys and gals it's just dawned on me that Eurogamer Expo has started and today they have PS4 panels for various games and software. Is this just a bad coincidence, bad timing on the Home team's part? Tempest? Bueller?

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 936 of 3,033 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

Sep 26, 2013

Ed, thanks for posting that.  Reading between the lines, it ALMOST sounds like

To ME, it's hard to read between those line, because in one way, it sounds like it's being said, WE "CAN'T" SAY ANYTHING... leading one to think that there ARE plans for PS4.

But then, on the other hand, the statement, "Regardless of any plans for Home on future platforms, we hope that you will continue to support it on PS3", leads one to think that it will remain on PS3 and not make it to PS4.  UNLESS, maybe supported on both and have some cross-platform functionality via the servers.

Ed, you said, "It's only fueling the fire and making things worse."

I wonder if in fact that's a marketing ploy.  You know the old adage, even negative publicity is good publicity.  LOL

I guess time will tell, BUT, I'll say it again, and I've read others saying the same thing, I'M NOT SPENDING ANOTHER CENT UNTIL I KNOW THAT EITHER HOME WILL BE ON PS4 AND WE GET TO KEEP OUR PURCHASES, or that Home will be supported on PS3 for at LEAST the next few YEARS!

If none of the above, then my Wallet stays empty (the one on PSN, the one in my back pocket, well, it already is)  LOL :smileyvery-happy:

Message 937 of 3,033 (348 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
543 posts

Re: Home on PS4.

Sep 26, 2013
I don’t frequent the EU forums, so I can’t confirm what would make Mia note such a thing. If this was an unsolicited take on Ms. Wall’s part, then it wasn’t a bright move. At best, it’s kicking a hornet’s nest and if anything invites even more speculation, rendering her primary concern moot.

To that end, there isn’t really much difference between what she indicated and what Tempest has said on here a month ago. “Reading between the lines” is also known singularly as interpretation. And everyone interprets things differently. I will throw this bone, however: in that same message from Tempest, he indicated more “client updates” (plural). Again, this can be subject to interpretation but given that most major client updates are a bi-annual thing at least, I wouldn’t start writing the obituary just yet.

As for Home on PS4: sure, I have my own personal theory about it (and if you want to know it I will share it in a PM), but as far as this forum goes I just do not go there because it isn’t worth the aggravation of worrying and venting about something that may or may not happen, especially if I have no control over it. I don’t expect any official announcement at this point or in the foreseeable future because let’s be honest: why would Sony risk cannibalizing a still active PS3 base by dropping Home on PS4 day one, knowing full well that despite their strong pre-orders, it will still take at least a year and maybe two for PS4 sales to reach the kind the userbase penetration necessary to justify bringing a major social app like Home to it? And don’t rule out the possibility of another social platform that may be an extension of Home, if not Home itself.

So this will be my only post about my position as far as Home and PS3/PS4. Have at it, if you will. If there should be any official announcement (positive or negative), I’ll chime in. And I’ll retort to any direct responses to this. Until then, TTFN.
Photobucket
Message 938 of 3,033 (326 Views)
Survivor
1034 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2013

Well, here's what I think, about Home being on the PS4.

After establishing a solid Network and User Base for the PS4, Sony will introduce a new Social Venue on the PS4.

It will most likely cost a $100.00 per year, which would include PS + amenities, along with access to the new "Home".

This " Home" will be a huge City complex. Open air, perhaps with a Dome for the new Seasonal Inclement Weather effects Sony will introduce.

Stores, Parks, Marina, Concert Halls, Nightclubs, Salons and Spas for the Ladies, and "V" Clubs for the Men, and the central attraction :

. . . . The Centerpiece. . . . 

a huge Racetrack featuring a Hudson type activity. No Dolphies tho. Running around the Track like Dogs; will be the Avi's of all the vulgar peeps, drug addicts, gangbanging Fams, Hackers, Exploiters, IP Sniifers, Pervs, Frosties and Freezers, from the PS3's Hall of Shame.

Estates will be available for purchase, and minigame like construction. Race Boxes, and Pits can be bought and furnished.

Yachts, Cars, Air Transport, all available for sale, customization, and use of the paying customer.

Imagine : Clothes and Furniture to be bought, and shown off. Estates with private Zoos. Clubhouses. Music, Video. Mods with Cattle Prods.

Bets to be won, and lost.  Let a Dev design and figure the odds for a PS3 Hall Of Shamer winning enough races to earn back their account name, and a years membership in the new "Home".

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 939 of 3,033 (281 Views)
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

Sep 26, 2013

Lil!!!  THAT was THE best post YET!!!  ROFL

You have a way with words and I loved reading that..  Some of thos idea are actually genius!  Oh and I love your words:

"will be the Avi's of all the vulgar peeps, drug addicts, gangbanging Fams, Hackers, Exploiters, IP Sniifers, Pervs, Frosties and Freezers, from the PS3's Hall of Shame"

That  is just too funny and probably spot on!   :smileywink:

Message 940 of 3,033 (271 Views)