Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
77 posts
 

Re: Home on the Playstation 4

Sep 12, 2012

GlitchGirl86 wrote:

rramsdell wrote:

I just wonder if  and when the PS4, does come out.  You will have to pay a fee to use HOME.  I wouldn't mind that all, it would help with a lot of things.  People spend way too much on here as it, so I don't see it being a problem if it ever came to that.   


 

Personally I might pay a membership fee for Home if I thought it would keep out some of the pervs and most of the bad behavior people that are just there to annoy others.  How much is the fee going to be though to compensate Sony for the drop in users?  It's all about the money with them.

 


 

A *Basic* membership fee for use of PS Home on the PS4 would be the intelligent choice for Sony, if they do bother with *transfering* (porting) PS Home to the PS4.

 

However, If nothing transfers, then myself along with others who have stated so, will not bother paying a membership fee for a service that they won't bother playing again.

 

It will be a defining moment for Sony and the PS4 (Orbis as rumored), whether or not they retain the thousands of dollars that pour in from PS Home users.

 

No Transfer of PS Home from the PS3 to the PS4 = NOT buying a PS4 (at least not for Home).

 

Sony knows this.  How could they not?

 

Retain maximun PS Home customers = Fully Transfer PS Home from the PS3 to the PS4.

 

However, I predict that Home will NOT be transfered upon entering the PS4 (I hope I'm wrong about this).

 

Instead, they will make you start over.  In such a case, there will be no membership fee, because nobody wants to pay to start over, or venture into something that has been known as a "Software Landmine".

 

To end up losing out once (Played Home, spent a ton in it, then it died with the PS3) is a mistake.

 

To repeat that same mistake?  :smileyfrustrated:

 

(Play Home on the PS4!  You have to start over $0 credit, but here we are!)  <--- That's just stupid.  :smileysurprised:  :smileylol:

 

And when the PS5 (or Sony system after the PS4 or Orbis comes out), you will have sent tons of cash down the drain, when they make you start over, yet again.

 

What do you think is going to be the *SMART* move for Sony in regards to PS Home and the Playstation 4?

 

Hmmm, turn those gears.

 

Please use plain text.
Message 131 of 2,954 (374 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/11/2010
Offline
5381 posts
 

Re: Home on the Playstation 4

Sep 12, 2012

LOOK me up un 5 years or when ever the PS4 does come out and we'll see if there is a fee for HOME or not LOL

Please use plain text.
Message 132 of 2,954 (546 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
77 posts
 

Re: Home on the Playstation 4

Sep 12, 2012

GlitchGirl86 wrote:

rramsdell wrote:

I just wonder if  and when the PS4, does come out.  You will have to pay a fee to use HOME.  I wouldn't mind that all, it would help with a lot of things.  People spend way too much on here as it, so I don't see it being a problem if it ever came to that.   


 

Personally I might pay a membership fee for Home if I thought it would keep out some of the pervs and most of the bad behavior people that are just there to annoy others.  How much is the fee going to be though to compensate Sony for the drop in users?  It's all about the money with them.

 


 

Ok, so imagine an "as if" future.  Sony fully transfers (ports) PS Home onto the Playstation 4.

 

A membership fee could work in this case.  However, in order to retain the internal dollars for PS Home, Sony will have to think about exactly how to implement this fee, and what it will cover.

 

What would be a smart move for Sony ---> An initial *one-time* service fee for use of Playstation Home per system, but NOT per account.  Why?  

 

Who doesn't have more than 1 account that plays PS Home?  Could you imagine paying a service fee to use Home for each account?  Lol, I would.  However, I imagine that say if it's at $20, many people would say "Forget Home", and that could roll into "forget the PS4".  Keep in mind that the PS4 will have NO backwards compatibility for games from the PS3, as rumored to date.

 

 

Please use plain text.
Message 133 of 2,954 (546 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/14/2010
Online
1442 posts
 

Re: Home on the Playstation 4

[ Edited ]
Sep 12, 2012

rramsdell wrote:

 adding a fee wouldn't hurt home.  I just see it as a positive LOL 



There is where I have to disagree. I think a fee could hurt home. I will use myself as an example:

 

Back in Feb. 2010 when I first clicked on the home icon out of curiosity, if I had come up to a screen that wanted payment information, I would have exited out, probably to never try again. However since it was free, I went ahead and joined. For my first few days I was reluctant to spend, but then I started. I would roughly estimate that I have spent an average of $25 per month give or take. Using that number over 31 months, that = $775, and I am one of the lower spenders among my friends.

 

Now, lets say they did charge a $10 fee and I was willing to pay it. More than likely they would generate more free content if they were charging a fee. Paying that fee up front each month would make me less likely to spend more. I would probably spend some, but I don't know how much. But just going with the basic numbers, $775 > $310 to start with. And considering that I would have chosen not to join home for a fee in the first place, what they would have gotten from me is zero. And as I have mentioned, they would lose revenue from 3rd party developers based on fewer logins.

 

So yes, charging a fee could hurt home.

Please use plain text.
Message 134 of 2,954 (541 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/11/2010
Offline
5381 posts
 

Re: Home on the Playstation 4

Sep 12, 2012

I did the samething you did, when I first started out. Spending 20 to 40$ a month, then reality kicked in, I was going too crazy.  I accidentally clicked on it, while trying to go the store and get a map pack. I was like, what the smh.   Started using it frequently.  Good point about the developers. I still say, the stupid youtube, its wrong what the are making the N.A. do. That's not how apps work  we want the app., we know where to go.

Please use plain text.
Message 135 of 2,954 (531 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
77 posts
 

Re: Home on the Playstation 4

[ Edited ]
Sep 12, 2012
Reposting the original 7 questions, since everybody (including myself), loses track of what the questions are when jumping in at the end of the thread:
 lll
 lll
 V


theFuturemembers wrote:

Do you think that we as Sony customers deserve a heads up on what will happen on the PS4 for Home at least?

 

1) Would you buy a Playstation 4 if you found out that Playstation Home WILL NOT be on the PS4? 

 

:smileyfrustrated:

 

2) How would you react if your personal space and wardrobe purchases were NOT available when using PS Home on the Playstation 4? 

 

3) Should Sony give you a credit for your purchases (keep in mind, they have NO LEGAL obligation to do this) in Playstation Home from the PS3 if they will NOT TRANSFER to PS Home on the Playstation 4?

 

4) Would you be inclined to use Playstation Home on the PS4 if NO REWARDS will transfer from the PS3 Home?

 

5) Would it bother you if PS Home was split into 2 worlds?  PS Home on the Playstation 3 and PS Home on the Playstation 4.

 

6) What is your preference if Home does not fully transfer to the Playstation 4?  A credit in Home on the PS4?  Or unique replacement rewards for those rewards and/or purchases that could NOT TRANSFER from the PS3 Home?

 

:smileyindifferent:

 

7) How much have you invested in Playstation Home?  Your best guess.

 

 

This thread is intended as a general discussion for Home's future on the Playstation 4. 

 

If you are going to be negative about Playstation Home in this thread, make sure that you state an approximate amount of how much that you have spent in Playstation Home, including your parents and/or friends credit card(s), if that applies for you.  Those who spend little to nothing on Playstation Home are welcome in this discussion, but keep in mind that many many people do spend a lot on Playstation Home, and for even those of you who don't, but still play PS Home, you do have rewards that you spent your time earning, so everybody here has a right to know or at least help Sony and the future of Home know how we feel and what we expect and/or would like to see if/when PS Home is on the Playstation 4.

 

 

 

 


New Question:

 

8) Charge a *one-time* fee to use Playstation Home on the PS4 (to eliminate some poor trolls, not the rich ones, LOL)?

 

 Please click the "Quote" button in your replies, so that people don't have to backtrack on what question that you are answering!  Keep in mind it may be several pages back.

Please use plain text.
Message 136 of 2,954 (515 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
77 posts
 

Re: Home on the Playstation 4

Dec 27, 2012

theFuturemembers wrote:

Do you think that we as Sony customers deserve a heads up on what will happen on the PS4 for Home at least?

 

1) Would you buy a Playstation 4 if you found out that Playstation Home WILL NOT be on the PS4? 

 

:smileyfrustrated:

 

2) How would you react if your personal space and wardrobe purchases were NOT available when using PS Home on the Playstation 4? 

 

3) Should Sony give you a credit for your purchases (keep in mind, they have NO LEGAL obligation to do this) in Playstation Home from the PS3 if they will NOT TRANSFER to PS Home on the Playstation 4?

 

4) Would you be inclined to use Playstation Home on the PS4 if NO REWARDS will transfer from the PS3 Home?

 

5) Would it bother you if PS Home was split into 2 worlds?  PS Home on the Playstation 3 and PS Home on the Playstation 4.

 

6) What is your preference if Home does not fully transfer to the Playstation 4?  A credit in Home on the PS4?  Or unique replacement rewards for those rewards and/or purchases that could NOT TRANSFER from the PS3 Home?

 

:smileyindifferent:

 

7) How much have you invested in Playstation Home?  Your best guess.

 

 

This thread is intended as a general discussion for Home's future on the Playstation 4. 

 

If you are going to be negative about Playstation Home in this thread, make sure that you state an approximate amount of how much that you have spent in Playstation Home, including your parents and/or friends credit card(s), if that applies for you.  Those who spend little to nothing on Playstation Home are welcome in this discussion, but keep in mind that many many people do spend a lot on Playstation Home, and for even those of you who don't, but still play PS Home, you do have rewards that you spent your time earning, so everybody here has a right to know or at least help Sony and the future of Home know how we feel and what we expect and/or would like to see if/when PS Home is on the Playstation 4.

 

 

 

 


Yeah, I'm bringing it back up again.

 

Stryder don't get all excited, you want to know this too.

 

We don't know.

 

******Nobody knows, not even the developers of Home******    <---------- FACT

 

Here is my feeling on why none of us know this, why we don't know if Home will be on the Playstation 4 for sure, or not:

 

 

Corporations prefer to give consumers NO ANSWER when it comes to plans for future products of theirs.   Why?

 

That way they have an OUT.   They can say "NO".   Or they can also be hero's and say "YES".

 

The question is:

 

Will SONY be a hero?

 

(Don't tell me this is completely up to the developers of Home, indirectly through their performance maybe, but no, it is Sony's call, their decision and them to blame if Home is not on the PS4 next year.)

 

 

Please use plain text.
Message 137 of 2,954 (426 Views)
Limit Breaker
Registered: 08/15/2007
Online
15920 posts
 

Re: Home on the Playstation 4

Dec 27, 2012

Until we hear different.. It's all speculation. I would like to see Home on PS4 with all new code and everything that goes with it.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 138 of 2,954 (422 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
77 posts
 

Re: Home on the Playstation 4

Dec 27, 2012

Jersquall wrote:

Until we hear different.. It's all speculation. I would like to see Home on PS4 with all new code and everything that goes with it.




 

No doubt about the new code.

 

New code is key, Jer, it is key to everything.

Please use plain text.
Message 139 of 2,954 (418 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
115 posts
 

Re: Home on the Playstation 4

Dec 27, 2012

If Home will be on the PS4(or whatever it'll be called)I would consider buying the system.But if not,I may have to say no to the new system.So Sony,can you put Home on your next system?please

Please use plain text.
Message 140 of 2,954 (406 Views)