Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
VP of Gaming
25785 posts

Re: Home is lacking a life...

Feb 5, 2010

Phat wrote:

Am I greedy?  Maybe, but it's turning out to be a rip-off... 

Why are you on Home anyway? Really? You do realise that we do not have to be on Home? It is our own choice whether we are here or not. If it does not live up to your expectations, make suggestions or don't visit at all. Whatever your complaints, you are not going to convince anyone other than those on the fence to quit Home.

Did you even visit every space and interact with people? Did you have long conversations with people on topics ranging from the weather outside to the latest games, movies or books? What do you want from Home? Do you want it to cater to all of your desires?

You are the one who will determine how your Home experience will turn out. If it is not fun or rewarding, then use the suggestion thread and post some ideas. If you think that is pointless, then maybe take a break or move on.

What is it that you want from Home? You are not being very clear at all. What can Home do for you that will make your time here worth it? Can it? If Home can't do a thing for you, then what? Post more complaints?

I don't like the direction of this thread, so I am out of here. Have a great life. I'll see you on the PSN. Ciao!

Message Edited by Conrad_Max on 02-04-2010 07:19 PM
The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 111 of 129 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2349 posts

Feb 5, 2010

OK...  here we go... 

Conrad_Max wrote:

Why are you on Home anyway? Why not?  It looks fun! Really? Yes, really!  You do realise that we do not have to be on Home? Yes! It is our own choice whether we are here or not. If it does not live up to your expectations, make suggestions or don't visit at all. I have been making suggestions, that's why this form is here.  Whatever your complaints, you are not going to convince anyone other than those on the fence to quit Home.  I'm not trying to convince anyone to quit home, that's crazy...

Did you even visit every space and interact with people? Yes, I actually just got done playing HOME 5 minutes ago. Did you have long conversations with people on topics ranging from the weather outside to the latest games, movies or books? Games-Yes, Movies-Yes, Books-No What do you want from Home? Free Beer! (kidding) Do you want it to cater to all of your desires?  Hummm...  that would be kewl, but...  NO.

You are the one who will determine how your Home experience will turn out. Thanks for the encourgament!  If it is not fun or rewarding, then use the suggestion thread and post some ideas. Isn't that what I'm doing? Have I not mentioned LOADING, LOADING, LOADING over & over?  And even suggested to the developers to stop making things to earn them money & fix the loading issue?  If you think that is pointless, then maybe take a break or move on. I don't think it's pointless...  that's why I'm here!    

What is it that you want from Home? Didn't you ask me that already? You are not being very clear at all. I don't understand how I can be any more clear...  we're talking about things we don't like about HOME.  Have you not been reading?  What can Home do for you that will make your time here worth it?  Load the HOME atmosphere in one setting for starters. Can it? I don't know, I made a request to the developers a few pages back.  Did you miss that part?  If Home can't do a thing for you, then what? Could you elaborate on that some?  Post more complaints?  Hummm...  na, just one thread is enough for me.

I don't like the direction of this thread, So why are you here participating? so I am out of here. CYA!!   Have a great life.  You to!  I'll see you on the PSN. Ciao!  Bye, look for me in HOME!!    Peace!

---------------------------------------------
  PSN ID = "PhatAss"
My Playstation ID is "PhatAss" and I approve this message...
Please use plain text.
Message 112 of 129 (1 View)
Uncharted Territory
1865 posts

Feb 5, 2010
Yeah, the load times are definitely a problem. It's gotten so bad that my PS3 often freezes up for minutes at a time, especially when loading my wardrobe. Home has a lot of performance issues that need to be ironed out ASAP.
Please use plain text.
Message 113 of 129 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2349 posts

Feb 5, 2010

Hey TwilightVenom, you bring up something interesting when you say "I'm inclined to believe that Home's developers are being held back in some way, or in any case that something went really wrong during the course of Home's development. "

I know they can make HOME much easier to get around in without all the reloading over & over & over (like when you walk thru the front door of the bowling alley), but I'm wondering if the developers are being pressured by their bosses to make mall items & personal spaces so they can earn $ instead of fixing this?  Hummmm....

Earlier today I was in "costumes" shop & items just sat there loading, they never even came up on the screen. 

PSN ID = "PhatAss"
My Playstation ID is "PhatAss" and I approve this message...
Please use plain text.
Message 114 of 129 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1865 posts

Feb 5, 2010

PhatAss wrote:

I know they can make HOME much easier to get around in without all the reloading over & over & over (like when you walk thru the front door of the bowling alley), but I'm wondering if the developers are being pressured by their bosses to make mall items & personal spaces so they can earn $ instead of fixing this?  Hummmm....

Wouldn't surprise me one bit. I was excited about all the new content coming to Home at one point, but now I realize that it's probably not a good thing. Sony keeps on talking about how Home is always evolving, but how much did it actually evolve over the past few years? The only things we've been getting for a while are new spaces and clothing. The rate at which we're getting these items compared to the time it's taking for Sony to give us new features is very alarming.

Please use plain text.
Message 115 of 129 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4709 posts

Feb 5, 2010
so basically...this is just another fuss..ZzZzZz
I miss cyd :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 116 of 129 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2008 posts

Feb 5, 2010

PhatAss wrote:
Hiya! I was "sooooo" excited about HOME & looking forward to its release. I was even in the first origional BETA when there seemed like only a few people hanging around. After playing for 10 minutes, I remember thinking "What now?". So I went bowling & played pool which got old after 30 minutes. Then I went dancing to a song I didn't even know, that was different & alittle humorous, but it also got old quick. "HOME" basically stopped getting used at my house, it's just not our style I guess.

The other day I loaded it up again to see the changes. After downloading all the updates, what has changed? They want to charge you for everything, **bleep**! So I bought a new "crib", the one with the fishing game out in the woods. "WHAT! This thing comes with no furniture? I have to pay for that to?" Fishing was different, I got my plaque on the wall now with my trophy, but that's about it.

I'm not paying Sony to buy computer furniture for a make-believe "crib" that I already paid for on a $599 ps3 system (my 60gig was expensive, bought it on day one), That's SO STUPID! THEY HAVE ENOUGH OF MY MONEY ALREADY! GEEZ, they're like my ex-girlfriend always wanting money! I can't even change my shirt without getting a charge?

If my ps3 avatar could fart, they'd charge me for that to? (haha)

For all the money they're making off of us, you'd think we'd have more to do, how long has this thing been in beta now?

I was expecting alot more with HOME, I'm very dissapointed with it. PS3 is the best system, tons of great games, but when it comes to "HOME", they need help...

Exactly the reason why I don't use Home anymore - everything just got too old, too fast. Sure, the Home team did make improvements here and there, but nothing significant enough to make me feel as if I should be spending my time on Home. Plus, I don't care if Home is perpetually in "beta" (like many Home users say), Sony should have gotten rid of that terminology a long time ago.

Peace amongst men living alongside one another is not a natural state. On the contrary, the natural state of man is that of war. War manifested not only by open hostilities, but also by the open threat of hostility. Peace, therefore, is a state that must be established by law.
--Immanuel Kant
Please use plain text.
Message 117 of 129 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Feb 5, 2010

Conrad_Max wrote:

Phat wrote:
I was expecting alot more with HOME, I'm very dissapointed with it.

So, have you any ideas that you feel will improve Home for all of us? And like everything else in life, just because Home may not be for everyone does not make it a bad program.

That doesn't change the fact that Home was seriously degraded compared to the features it enble us to do when it was originally announce. It a free service, thats true. But that doesn't justify that I can't have quality either considering I bought the most powerful console in the Market of this generation, therefore I deserve to have quality at its finest for entertainment.  

Message Edited by Samanosuke_JJ on 02-04-2010 11:39 PM
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 118 of 129 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8653 posts

Feb 5, 2010

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:
I have close to 100 friends on my friends list. I keep a couple open for invites. They all use home. Try making friends. It makes all the difference in the world. It's a social application, not Uncharted Among Thieves.

I only have real friends on my list.  You can't just put everyone you meet on PSN and put them on you're BL if you do they are not really you're friends now are they.  If they don't long on in at lest 20 day's they find there self's kicked off my BL.

Again you realy don't impress anyone saying this junk.  If someone is on you're BL does that make them you're friend?  I don't think so and if you have "close to 100" then I know you don't talk to them all every time they log-on.  I could have 500 people on my BL list if I wanted to (I know I would have to use more then one PSN account to do so) but so what?

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 119 of 129 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
657 posts

Feb 5, 2010

HlPPE wrote:

X-CONDA-X wrote:

PhatAss wrote:

Hey developers!  LQQK HERE!

Why don't you guys (and gals) work on some of these issues we're talking about instead of working on things that you charge people for like new clothes & furniture.  That stuff will come later.  We realize you need to make money, but quit shoving all this stuff in our faces to buy when the atmosphere needs improvement?  And fix the loading, loading, loading, loading, loading, loading!

(just a thought) 

Why would they fix something when they know ppl are still going to spend, spend, spend -- no matter what. 

Thank you for saying that. Kudos. Its hard to be objective when your a fanboy. I'm a fanboy , i know , but even now i'm noticing this is the way Home is going.As many micro transactions as possible and not wasting a dime of profits on advancments. If anyone has some type of deep knowledge of Home staffs innerworkings and can prove this idea wrong then ... by all means please indulge me.

Do people really not know that there are different teams of programmers that do different things?
There is the team in London that handles the Home core client and of course the core client updates for all regions. These are the guys who fix problems with the client and add new features. The London team does not design new spaces and virtual clothes.
Then you have companies like nDreams, Lockwood/Outso and Loot. These are the programmers who design spaces and virtual clothing for the regular content updates. These people do not fix problems with the core client or work on core client updates.
So while Loot, nDreams and others are busy bringing us new content for Home. The London team is busy working on Home itself. Different teams doing different things.
If you think there is only one group of people working on Home and that they can't fix the problems with Home because they are too busy making virtual clothes to sell in the Mall, then you are wrong. Sony has one team working on fixing problems with Home and several teams working on content for Home.
Now you might think that's the problem. One team working on fixing Home while several work on content. However you have to realize. Sony pays the London team to work on the core client while those other companies get paid from the sale of the items they make for Home. So the demand from the Home user and their willingness to pay for virtual goods is why there are several companies making content for Home.
If people were willing to pay for Home(subscription) then Sony would probably have a bigger team working on the core client as well.
Slowing down the content or stopping it all together is not going to speed up the Core Client team since that's not what they work on. Actually, if anything it would slow them down since that content brings in revenue for Sony and if Sony isn't making money from Home they aren't going to be inclined to pay a whole team of guys/girls to fix it.
The more money Home makes the more important it will be to Sony and the more motivation they will have to fix and improve on it. If you think Sony is satisfied with the money Home is currently making then you have obviously underestimated their greed. Sony wants your money and that alone is what will motivate them to improve Home since the more people on Home the more money they make.
I have no faith in Sony's goodwill. I have faith in their greed. That is what makes things happen. 

Please use plain text.
Message 120 of 129 (1 View)