Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
3342 posts

Re: Home: hand over fist - raking in the dough

Jun 12, 2013

MrFirstPlayer wrote:
The CEO looks like he's eating well so Home is certainly not pushing food off the plate.

:smileyindifferent: yeah I'm gonna leave the thread now.

-Ed.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 21 of 122 (436 Views)
Survivor
1720 posts

Jun 12, 2013

MrFirstPlayer wrote:
The CEO looks like he's eating well so Home is certainly not pushing food off the plate.

CEOs always are eating well even if a company is going broke.   In fact some companies probably are going broke because CEO's ate everything they could like termites.

Message 22 of 122 (353 Views)
Fender Bender
2539 posts

Jun 12, 2013

MrFirstPlayer wrote:
My information is based on the fact that I alone dropped 140 dollars last week...to think I am the only one is short sighted. Home is even more to some people than it is to me and I'm dumping cash intk it steadily. Can you prove Home is not profitable?

It's also short sighted to think that your buying habits represent the community at large.

In the past week, I've spent nothing on Home.  To apply your logic from my perspective, it would mean that Sony has generated no revenue from Home in the past week.  Obviously false.

I'd wager that there is a relatively small minority of users who spend a lot on Home, a lot of people who spend sparingly, a lot of people who spend none and a large majority of PS3 users who never even look at Home.

Without any official numbers available, nobody here can prove that Home is not profitable any more than you can prove that it is.

castle3
Message 23 of 122 (311 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1398 posts

Jun 12, 2013
Ok kiddies... ill be away... I'm off to buy a PS card.
Message 24 of 122 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Jun 12, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:

MrFirstPlayer wrote:
Whatever the cost of a vrtual couch... a perpetually increasing amount of said couches are sold... if at some point the money's not free its still stacking just as high in Sony's coffers.

I'm going to waste my breath once here then leave this topic.

*Most of the money goes to the developer and not Sony.

Most of the money goes to the publisher, which in this case is Sony.

As for the rest of the misinformation in this thread, those of you under the assumption that Home is highly profitable need to dig your thinking caps out of your cracks.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 25 of 122 (261 Views)
Fender Bender
2539 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2013

MrFirstPlayer wrote:

I doubt that the revenue from Home or even the future existence of Home has any meaningful bearing on Sony's stock prices...nor the contents of the CEO's plate.

Unless you were being facetious, in which case I'll give an LOL. :smileyhappy:

castle3
Message 26 of 122 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1901 posts

Jun 12, 2013

I know I don't spend as much as many of my friends do, but I do notice pretty much every space I go to, almost everyone has some sort of LMO active. Hoverboards, bikes, motorcycles, dances, poses, gestures... People are eating these things up at anywhere from $2 to $5 each. The developers must be making money off them or else why would they bother making them.

Message 27 of 122 (193 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3342 posts

Jun 12, 2013
Well they must make enough money to break even, and for a small dev that's fine. It keeps them in work.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 28 of 122 (185 Views)
Fender Bender
2539 posts

Jun 12, 2013

Brises_0000 wrote:

The developers must be making money off them or else why would they bother making them.

A lot of companies keep making their products while they stagger into bankruptcy and eventual  liquidation.  Ongoing production and product visibility do not always ensure profitability or sustainability.

I'm not saying that that is the case with Home because I have no idea but it's something to consider.

castle3
Message 29 of 122 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16552 posts

Jun 12, 2013

MrFirstPlayer wrote:
Why would anyone not keep Hone going? Its basically free money. If you don't think Home is a ca$h cow for Sony you are mistaken.

:smileytongue: :smileyvery-happy:

HomeStationMagazine
Message 30 of 122 (181 Views)