Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
170 posts

Re: Home fams and their "hacking" threats

Jun 19, 2013

well, i would love to see a To Catch A Predator Home Edition. i have seen few not so good ones, somebody needs to make a LEGIT one and if anybody does, count me in!!!!

Official Geary33
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 20 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
222 posts

Jun 19, 2013

If I had to put my account's life on it, those that say they was hacked was because they trusted the wrong person and gave out their log in information. They may not be case in 100% of the hacking incidents but given the gullibility of some in home and also innocence and naive nature of some users the hacking is self blamed. I could be totally wrong though.

lightning photo tumblr_m9obahTLDP1ra3qoqo1_500_zpsdad312cd.gifthank you BMW
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 20 (255 Views)
Lombax Warrior
170 posts

Jun 19, 2013
i trust the standard Home user as much as i trust the enemy.....0%
Official Geary33
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 20 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1520 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 19, 2013

Most people who threaten to hack do not have the ability to do so. They are just saying that to try to intimidate you. The people who are capable of hacking normally won't openly boast or threaten to do so, because as you said, it is a federal crime. But if someone does threaten, that's enough to make a report and let the mods sort it out.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 20 (218 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
222 posts

Jun 19, 2013

Well if thats the case then you have nothing to worry about and if more new users had that same attitude then all hacking threats would never be thought of. I try my best when I see others giving out way to much information, to try and remind them that for one thing its against the ToS and not very bright and to be careful what info they give out. When I was younger I could never figure out how my parents found out when i was not such a "good boy"...years later my mom told me that 99% of the time I told on myself.

lightning photo tumblr_m9obahTLDP1ra3qoqo1_500_zpsdad312cd.gifthank you BMW
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 20 (215 Views)
Lombax Warrior
170 posts

Jun 19, 2013

thank you Brises, much Appreciated 

Official Geary33
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 20 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2879 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

Remember too, no one from Sony will ask you for your information, there are people on home that say they are mods, but they are not, even if they are in a group saying they are in some kind of club" safty patrol" or "police"( you do not know how many I run into,lol). Also, some people are losing their accounts due to " greed".They see all the items one can get by" ISE" and some people say that if you give them your account info, they can give you stuff too. Be careful with whoever you deal with online, and, if you have family ( in rl) that share your machine, make sure they can't be tricked also.Or that they won't give your account away because they get mad with you. In the end, never fall for a threat, if some one threatens you, keep reporting them, and block them.

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 20 (176 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4001 posts

Jun 20, 2013
A few other security things to note:

Don't join random group chats on Home.

Don't give your date of birth out (security question for account recovery I believe)

Don't share your email associated with your account. Its also wise to have the email different from your ID as that can easily be guessed.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 20 (167 Views)
Survivor
1837 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Thew902 wrote:
A few other security things to note:

Don't join random group chats on Home.

Don't give your date of birth out (security question for account recovery I believe)

Don't share your email associated with your account. Its also wise to have the email different from your ID as that can easily be guessed.

I would add don't go to a stranger private place to the random group chats. As they are way's people get get you're IP address. It happen to me when someone used a third person to invite me.

But I'm curious. What exactly can someone do with your IP address?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 20 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1300 posts

Jun 20, 2013

raiden362003 wrote:
but given the gullibility of some in home and also innocence and naive nature of some users the hacking is self blamed.

Hit the nail right on the head there..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Do you remember what today is , Jack?"
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 20 (110 Views)
0 Likes