Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Re: Home Valentines !

Feb 11, 2010
id rather meet someone in real life than hook up on here everyone has skeletons in their closet
Message 30 of 48 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

Feb 11, 2010

ADAMPwns wrote:

Marshhawk wrote:
I have no problem believing  a relationship can be found on Home.  People are extremely social animals.  Ask a number of people who are married how they met and I'll bet you get some stories that you wouldn't expect.  People tend to dismiss Home as not being real ,but there is a real person behind every avatar.  You just have to use caution when online because people may not be who they say they are.  But if you treat people with respect and are honest about yourself, and don't expect to make the first avater you meet your soul mate, you will be ok.
Yep, well said.  

i agree, no one should expect to meet or hook-up with anybody on home. when me and cat met we didnt have those intentions at all. we, like he said, met while playing poker. we ended up playing on the same table together for a few days and decided to add eachother as friends. when we were both online we would meet at the poker tables and play. we was both going through a rough time and talked about what was going on. over the course of a few weeks we exchanged phone numbers after we found out we both had the same cellphone carrier. so not only were we playing poker together but we was also talking on the phone every night, atleast a few hours a night and it seemed we always had something to talk about.  after a few months i somehow felt like i knew him for a really long time. in august i had some vacation time and really wanted to get out of ohio for that time. i mentioned it to him and at first he wasnt up for it but then later changed his mind. so i began putting it together. it was really my babysitters idea for me to go (she volunteered to keep the kids for free while i went) i couldnt resist. some people thought i was crazy but i was very comfortable with meeting him. that week went well and i really fell for him then. over the course of that time it became really hard having the distance between us, he lives in oregon and i live in ohio, i said i was willing to move to oregon just to be close to him. i never expected me to ever fall for someone 2500 miles away. the point of me going into so much detail is you never really know what will happen until it sneaks up on you. i would say for the most part when your not looking for love is when it finds you, it sure happened here. for everyone that has found love, doesnt matter where or how, just think back to when you first met, were you expecting to find what you did?

Cali
Message 31 of 48 (10 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5009 posts

Feb 11, 2010

optimusbeech13 wrote:
id rather meet someone in real life than hook up on here everyone has skeletons in their closet

That's a pretty broad generalization but yeah I've come to find that true with quite a few of the people I know, oh well, nobody's perfect. You did give me a good laugh right there I must admit. :smileytongue:

Visit my CG Art Gallery at: http://www.johnnyernest.com/projects.php
Message 32 of 48 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3543 posts

Feb 11, 2010

BitRunner wrote:

optimusbeech13 wrote:

That's a pretty broad generalization but yeah I've come to find that true with quite a few of the people I know, oh well, nobody's perfect. You did give me a good laugh right there I must admit. :smileytongue:

That'd be a great little Home joke - buy a closet, get a skeleton-on-a-stand for free 

Message 33 of 48 (10 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5009 posts

Feb 12, 2010

Quintonious wrote:

BitRunner wrote:

optimusbeech13 wrote:

That'd be a great little Home joke - buy a closet, get a skeleton-on-a-stand for free 

I lol'd you get a kudo good sir. :smileytongue:

Message 34 of 48 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5009 posts

Feb 12, 2010

ADAMPwns wrote:

boyisty112 wrote:
i belive you bro i belive you but im won of thos ppl tht think real hard about something.. how could you guys talk for months on home playing poker when she only registerd 12-10-2009 and you only 7-22-2009?... unless thts the date you registered for the forums? idk but thts what i think
Because that's the date registered at the forums, not the date you registered your PlayStation Network ID. Is it really so hard to believe that someone can find love outside of what we know as the real world? I don't think so. I think it's wonderful that things like this happen, because it is just one of many examples of what an amazing thing the internet is. 

I used to be heavily opposed to online dating, the few women I met and dated from online years before had some issues to say the least I don't want to go into scary details (there was a big group of us who were all friends online in the same local area back around the time I was starting up college before I got in a fraternity and would plan parties and friends of friends would show up and before you know it there would be about 40 people at someone's house, good times lol). So, when two of my really close friends started getting into online relationships off of AIM/IRC/etc I would always laugh at them and just say good luck bro, and they'd get agitated with me, I love to give them a hard time about it, because... well... it's fun. :smileytongue: One of them ended up getting married to a girl he brought over here from Peru that he met on IRC in some philosophy channel (I couldn't stand this chick btw, my ex-g/f and I went bowling with them one evening and after a while of watching the odd dynamic and drama between the two of them we started ordering pitchers just to pass the time :smileytongue:) and that lasted all of a few months before they got divorced, but now he's in a new relationship and pretty happy and this girl is moving to where he is so I hope things really work out for the two of them.

Well, then very late last year I went through a nasty breakup with my ex-g/f of 7 years when she cheated on me with a WoW player and I found out about it and broke things off. I decided to take a chance on a friend I'd known for a while from Home who I had a crush on but didn't act on it b/c I was in a relationship. We started spending nights talking on Skype together (oh yeah, pro-tip there, if you're going to meet someone online seriously have a video chat at least once), and next thing you know I found myself flying halfway across the country to meet her. We've been dating since then and she's the most amazing woman I've ever met and I've never been happier and more in love with anyone. Can't wait until the day we live together but she's got a few months left on her degree. *sadness* So, that's my story!

Message 35 of 48 (10 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1549 posts

Feb 12, 2010

kat498 wrote:

I think that is fantastic!!! I have also had the fortune to find love on Home, and not just love, but my soul mate.  He is everything I never thought existed in a human being, the answer to my prayers.  We met in Spring of last year, we started out as friends, he deleted me...I deleted him...we broke eachother's hearts...but ultimately fate worked it's magic and here we are now.  We spend hours on the phone, we play many games together online, and very soon we will meet in real life.  It's an amazing thing, and in my opinion, a much better way to get to know a person for who they really are. 

And to all you people who disagree and think it's dumb....jealous much?

Congrats to all of you in the same boat as my love and I...and have a fantastic Valentine's Day!!

I'm Happy for you both, Love can happen on Home. Congrats to you both!! 

BannerFans.com
Message 36 of 48 (10 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1549 posts

Feb 12, 2010

BitRunner wrote: 

I used to be heavily opposed to online dating, the few women I met and dated from online years before had some issues to say the least I don't want to go into scary details (there was a big group of us who were all friends online in the same local area back around the time I was starting up college before I got in a fraternity and would plan parties and friends of friends would show up and before you know it there would be about 40 people at someone's house, good times lol). So, when two of my really close friends started getting into online relationships off of AIM/IRC/etc I would always laugh at them and just say good luck bro, and they'd get agitated with me, I love to give them a hard time about it, because... well... it's fun. :smileytongue: One of them ended up getting married to a girl he brought over here from Peru that he met on IRC in some philosophy channel (I couldn't stand this chick btw, my ex-g/f and I went bowling with them one evening and after a while of watching the odd dynamic and drama between the two of them we started ordering pitchers just to pass the time :smileytongue:) and that lasted all of a few months before they got divorced, but now he's in a new relationship and pretty happy and this girl is moving to where he is so I hope things really work out for the two of them.

Well, then very late last year I went through a nasty breakup with my ex-g/f of 7 years when she cheated on me with a WoW player and I found out about it and broke things off. I decided to take a chance on a friend I'd known for a while from Home who I had a crush on but didn't act on it b/c I was in a relationship. We started spending nights talking on Skype together ( oh yeah, pro-tip there, if you're going to meet someone online seriously have a video chat at least once), and next thing you know I found myself flying halfway across the country to meet her. We've been dating since then and she's the most amazing woman I've ever met and I've never been happier and more in love with anyone. Can't wait until the day we live together but she's got a few months left on her degree. *sadness* So, that's my story!

Hey Bit so glad you found some one here. Congratulations and good luck to both of you..

By the way all Valentines Day isn't here yet!! Keep the stories coming. I'm so glad to hear that Cali and I are not the only ones to find Love on Home.:smileyhappy:

BannerFans.com
Message 37 of 48 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1518 posts

Feb 12, 2010

just a heads up

PhotobucketGif Created on Make A Gif
Message 38 of 48 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2279 posts

Feb 12, 2010
Ummm....lets try this again! lol Congrats to both of you and I wish you the best in happiness, good health and prosperity in your future together. Good luck!

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 39 of 48 (10 Views)
0 Likes