Do you mean 
Survivor
1691 posts

Re: Home Tycoon: Feedback and General Discussion

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

Novus-Cooldown wrote:

StardustChampion wrote:
Thank you for taking the time to investigate this issue. Unfortunately, nothing has changed on my end. When I log into my city, it's completely empty. It's almost as if something is preventing the sever data from migrating into my session. However, I am to load friend's cities.

I've tried clearing my cache on multiple occasions. I could not find any locally stored data for Home Tycoon to reset. Please advise.

Puzzling. This is definitely not what we're seeing on our end when we look at your account and even log in to your city. Continuing to investigate... this is the first instance we've heard of this happening. :robotfrustrated:

This same exact thing happened to me last night - my entire town was wiped, and I was sent back to the pre-Tutorial stage - but is now all resolved, without any intervention.

I pulled up the menu to collect my tourism money last night, and the Home Tycoon Loading bar screen came up out of nowhere, telling me to "Please Wait." When it was finally finished loading loading, I was brought back to my town; however, I noticed my entire town was reset, and I was back to pre-tutorial. I left the entire Tycoon space (both my town and the Tycoon Station), did other things for an hour or so in other spaces on Home, and returned to Home Tycoon to see that my entire town was back to how I had it. All my money, my buildings, my workers, my progress. It all just came back, magically.

Everything came back, without me having to reset my PS3, without clearing my cache, and most importantly, without having to delete and reinstall Home.

The good news is that you are not the only one to have experienced this, and it's possible the problem has the potential of just self-correcting itself, and your stuff may not be all long gone, as I have had the same problem, but now back to normal. 

It's problematic that this has happened, and it's not isolated to just a single user because I have had the same thing happen to me. This appears to be a sort of bug with Home Tycoon that needs looking in to.

Please use plain text.
Message 601 of 704 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Can my friends (or anyone) visit my city when I'm not in it, or online? Is "Public" only for when I'm activily in the city?

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Message 602 of 704 (366 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25822 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

b-nArmz wrote:

Can my friends (or anyone) visit my city when I'm not in it, or online? Is "Public" only for when I'm activily in the city?

Friends and strangers can visit even if we are not logged on the PS3. We can also change the Settings if we wish.

Note: Though others can visit, they cannot interfere with our layout. So we won't enter our city to discover a new building or a devastated wasteland (unless we created it ourselves).

But it would be nice to be able to participate in current missions orevents solely designed for visitors.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 603 of 704 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Oct 26, 2012
cool, thanks^^. and I agree about doing missions with our visitors. Perhaps a later expansion pack will remedy this. They should also expand on the racing aspects of the game as well. My street racing activity still has a police car racing on a ill design course, I'm hoping the devs see the potential in this specific activity...other than just plopping down a start and finish line tile.
Please use plain text.
Message 604 of 704 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2442 posts

Oct 27, 2012

I wish we could see the statisics of cities we visit, population, polution, etc.

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums

Please use plain text.
Message 605 of 704 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2733 posts

Oct 27, 2012
I'd like to see the stats of other towns as well.

I enjoy visiting other peoples towns and seeing how they designed them and it would be nice to see their population, and how happy their civilians are etc.

Maybe in a future update?
Please use plain text.
Message 606 of 704 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Oct 29, 2012

I don’t know if you have a limited amount of times you can move the Hospital and HQ that we got from the demo, but I must have moved my hospital one too many times, because now it’s gone from my inventory and my citizens are not happy.

Is there a limit as to how many times we can move those buildings?  And if not, is there a chance I could get my hospital back?  I’ve tried the usual things like logging off, flushing my cache and even have waited over the weekend to see if the problem self-corrected, but all was futile.  :smileysad:

ID= Julio-ATL

Region=NA

Thank you...

Please use plain text.
Message 607 of 704 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3698 posts

Oct 29, 2012

Kid_Fleetfoot wrote:

I wish we could see the statisics of cities we visit, population, polution, etc.

Agreed! I've been thinking about this idea lately and thought the perfect way to display city stats could be a "City Welcome" sign. I photoshopped a quick example of my actual city stats:

hometycoon-welcome_sign.jpg

(To keep things fair - listing "Crime" wouldn't be necessary considering the Police Station is an add-on expansion)

Because there are empty spaces near the bridge that we cannot access, the sign should perfectly fit there without any issues - which is where it's shown in the image above.

Please use plain text.
Message 608 of 704 (182 Views)
I Only Post Everything
559 posts

Oct 29, 2012

Julio-ATL wrote:

I don’t know if you have a limited amount of times you can move the Hospital and HQ that we got from the demo, but I must have moved my hospital one too many times, because now it’s gone from my inventory and my citizens are not happy.

Is there a limit as to how many times we can move those buildings?  And if not, is there a chance I could get my hospital back?  I’ve tried the usual things like logging off, flushing my cache and even have waited over the weekend to see if the problem self-corrected, but all was futile.  :smileysad:

ID= Julio-ATL

Region=NA

Thank you...

e-mail them at info@hellfiregames.com with your PSN ID and region (US or EU) thats how i got my hospital back when i deleted it :smileyhappy:

photo forum2_zps0a44664e.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 609 of 704 (178 Views)
I Only Post Everything
559 posts

Oct 29, 2012

Sophronia wrote:

Kid_Fleetfoot wrote:

Agreed! I've been thinking about this idea lately and thought the perfect way to display city stats could be a "City Welcome" sign. I photoshopped a quick example of my actual city stats:

hometycoon-welcome_sign.jpg

(To keep things fair - listing "Crime" wouldn't be necessary considering the Police Station is an add-on expansion)

Because there are empty spaces near the bridge that we cannot access, the sign should perfectly fit there without any issues - which is where it's shown in the image above.

that would be cool if they did add a sign like that near the bridge. :smileyhappy:

photo forum2_zps0a44664e.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 610 of 704 (171 Views)